Trade Rondo for Nash, i'll explain logic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PauGasolSmells143. Show PauGasolSmells143's posts

Re: Trade Rondo for Nash, i'll explain logic

I think we should give this idea some thought.  In fact, I think we should also look at getting Baron Davis and Andersen Varejao.  Then maybe trade Pierce for James Harden.

It's all about the hair people.

If we had two big men with sideshow Bob hair and two amazing beards, I truly think the basketball will take care of itself.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i rather see rondo and davis for chris paul and ariza or okafor

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I am not opposed to trading Rondo if a good deal presents itself. Trading for Nash, however, won't improve the team. Why not use Rondo's trade value to go after a decent big. In Rondo's absence, Delonte West will be the starting PG and Avery Bradley could be his backup. Bradley has recovered from his ankle injury and should be playing up to Danny Ainge's and Doc's expectations after playing in thr summer league and underrgoing training camp.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from richardkc. Show richardkc's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Rondo for Nash, i'll explain logic:
    This move gives Phoenix the future PG they will not find in the draft unless Kemba slips to 13. They have a rebuilding run and gun team under Rondo-Dudley-Childress-Warrick-Frye and a good big guy in Gortat. Krstic or JO become exp contract assets. They have a lotto pick in 2012 and our two picks give them depth youth as well. Nash hooks up w/ old friend KG for their swan song. They represent 33 million in exp contracts. With Ray an additional 30. Celtics draft a scoring wing like Alec Burks or Klay Thompson at 13. Maybe get a kid who is like the next Eddie Jones, Mitch Richmond, Joe Dumars. The Celtics make 1 last run at a title with this lineup: C - Lopez (24 mins) JON/Krstic (16 mins) KG (8 mins) PF - KG (20 mins) Green (16 mins) Lopez (12 mins) SF - Green (20 mins) Pierce (20 mins) Pietrus (8 mins) SG - Ray (28 mins) Burks/Thompson (12 mins) Pierce (8 mins) PG - Nash (28 mins) DWest (20 mins) We could use the MLE (if only on a 1 year guy ) to strengthen the froncourt. Ot try to sign and trade Baby and trade him with Krstic or JON and the Cavs 2013 2nd rd pick for Chris Kaman (1 year contract).
    Posted by rameakap

how many wins will you have in this line-up ???  30? or less

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

According to Real GM, DeAndre Jordan is only a restricted free agent up to the MLE as the Clips signed him to a 3 year deal. So over the MLE and the Clips don't have the right to match.
    Posted by Kirk6

so that gives us even less shot at getting him since we are way over the cap and the MLE is all we have to offer

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Rondo for Nash, i'll explain logic : so that gives us even less shot at getting him since we are way over the cap and the MLE is all we have to offer
    Posted by rameakap

The MLE is already occupied by next year's starting center.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Rondo for Nash, i'll explain logic : The Celtics can cross DeAndre Jordan off thier list; it was the whole premise of giving away the lottery pick; they are already young and have the money to sign that pick.  What makes me mad is the cutting of Chris Johnson for Carlos Arroyo who we did not even use in the playoffs.  Hopefully we can steal him back.  He is a free agent now that the season is over.   The Celtics do not have quite as many options as people think they do.  What they do with Green, Kristic, and Baby are key.   I would like them to go after a guy like Samuel Dalembert, if possible.   The Celtics system seems complex and we just have to stop investing time in people and not use them.  See what Von Wafer can give and if he does not perform, cut him...   We spent a ton of time with Erden and Harangody and then gave them away...  Spent a lot of time with Nate and Tony Allen and then gave them away.... 
    Posted by ShepherdCall

I think I am starting to understand the general trends......

-1- absolute fantasies resulting from having ZERO understanding of the Cs current cap situation, the potential worse cap situation, etc.

and

-2- the notion that if we had this stiff or that stiff or this tweener or that sleeper that the Cs will immediately go back to the top of the pile.

The notion that nobody can seem to deal with is the one that Doc so eloquently articulated it is the guy's in the room, not the guys that are no longer here that will determine the fate of the team.  In other words, there are no saviors (neither stiffs nor budding stars) that are catapulting the team to the top and as Danny said there may be nothing he can do for next year and that it may take until 2012 before he can do anything meaningful for the future.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Rondo for Nash, i'll explain logic : You must be joking. There is plenty Ainge can do. He has some money plus three number one draft picks in the next two years. We have about $11 million dollars to work with if JO doesn't retire and $17 million if he does. And $20 million if they don't sign Jeff Green. http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9163
    Posted by Kirk6

Or they are way over the cap already, JO is on the books for about 6 million in 2011 so I have no idea what fantasy you are dealing with in terms of 17 million or 11 million and 20 if they don't sign Green.

For 2011 / 2012 they have 72 million under contract (including Green), the cap is 58 million.  The 72 million under contract is only 9 players.

They do indeed have 3 first round draft picks that will most likely all be in the 20s which means a whole bunch more Giddens, Walker, T Allen, D West, etc.

Please.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from santafesino. Show santafesino's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Rondo for Nash, i'll explain logic : Chris Paul and DH to boston???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Only in boston folks, only in boston!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

bitter and cold chest. write in kakers forums. always thinking in Dady Celtics.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In Response to Trade Rondo for Nash, i'll explain logic:
    No i am not being crazy like DaCeltics Trade Rondo and Jermaine O'Neal (or Krstic signed for 1 year) to the Suns for Nash, Robin Lopez, Mickael Pietrus, we swap first rd picks with the Suns and give them our 2012 1st rd pick. It is 16.2 million for 19.8 million. when you take the pick swap into consideration we save Phoenix 5 million.
    Posted by rameakap

Rondo is the only valuable trade chip this team has. That said, 2011-12 will be a bridge year and I've always beleived in the philosophy that if you have no realistic chance at the championship, better to go into the lottery. I don't see this team having such a chance and would prefer to move Rondo for an expiring contract and 2 #1s.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Trade Rondo for Nash, i'll explain logic : Rondo is the only valuable trade chip this team has. That said, 2011-12 will be a bridge year and I've always beleived in the philosophy that if you have no realistic chance at the championship, better to go into the lottery. I don't see this team having such a chance and would prefer to move Rondo for an expiring contract and 2 #1s.
    Posted by CubanPete

With a new CBA that will likely include a hard cap why do you think there are teams that want to saddle themselves with a point guard that cannot shoot and take up 20% of the new cap.......... let alone garner an expiring contract and 2 first round pick........ in the future environment Rondo may not even be worth a first round pick let alone a player and 2 first round picks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Rondo for Nash, i'll explain logic : With a new CBA that will likely include a hard cap why do you think there are teams that want to saddle themselves with a point guard that cannot shoot and take up 20% of the new cap.......... let alone garner an expiring contract and 2 first round pick........ in the future environment Rondo may not even be worth a first round pick let alone a player and 2 first round picks.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Oh, many reasons.  The guy comes to play.  He does make other players better.  He is a quality defender.  Also, along with a hard cap, existing contracts will also be dialed down by 25%.  So he does not take up 20% of the cap.

I understand that in your opinion Rondo is not worth the tissue I just used.  But I am happy that he is on the celts  and I would not like him to be traded is some of these crazy proposals being floated around.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I remember when DUDDER said....Jennings far better than Rondo --- KINDA BELIEVE THAT.

Sections
Shortcuts