Trade Rondo, forget Love

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Trade Rondo, forget Love

Get what we can for Rondo, good young player or draft pick.  Buy a good center and take our draft picks and play ball.  Draft a young point.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Trade Rondo, forget Love

We got no love for Rondo, and will have no Rondo for Love

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

I agree Rondo needs to be traded, get rid rid of him for either a first round pick or a big man.. I'd even take Jennings over him at pg at least he can shoot.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

I don't suggest trading Rondo if we get Anthony and Love, but without them we need to look to the future and unlock money for young players.  I just do not see Love leading us unless we get another player like C. Anthony to play with him.  We have good young players, just add more and see what comes to the top by playing them.  But we do need a center and some big energy players that can play the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't suggest trading Rondo if we get Anthony and Love, but without them we need to look to the future and unlock money for young players.  I just do not see Love leading us unless we get another player like C. Anthony to play with him.  We have good young players, just add more and see what comes to the top by playing them.  But we do need a center and some big energy players that can play the game.

[/QUOTE]
      Ive said it many times.  Rondo for Monroe, draft smart.  Rondo would go to det, his buddy smith is there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
      Ive said it many times.  Rondo for Monroe, draft smart.  Rondo would go to det, his buddy smith is there.

[/QUOTE]

I'd actually be happy with this. I detest the Wee Devilman and believe him to be the BB antichrist so I'd be delighted to see him traded for a box of chewed up crayola crayons. Monroe would be a bonus. Smart is tough , has heart and is a leader. He's only one level above crazy, but I like that in a PG. And he's COACHABLE, unlike Headcase Primo #1.

On with the show!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo is our best player. they should trade Sully instead, he's fat and overrated.

[/QUOTE]

Agree that Sully is overrated. That would actually be a good thing as far as trading him goes, except he is only overrated in Boston on boards like this.  ESPN ranks him as the 24th best PF in the league which is probably correct.  Basically he is a slightly below average starting PF. With so many good young 4s coming into the league I see his rank falling in the future rather than rising.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

Should Rondo be traded, they had better have a player that is at least comparable or even better. I don't think he should be dealt unless the Celts get something back similar to what the Wolves are gonna get for Love. Personally, I hope he remains a Celtic. He may not be a great shooter, but he can handle and distribute the ball excellently. I don't think the C's need to add many more draft picks to what they already have. For all the youth that is going to be involved with this team over the next few years, you will need some veteran presence to help them along. Rondo is only 28 and has plenty left in the tank. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Mr Pressley ready to step in sir.  Give him the keys, that ought to be interesting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to nightrider495's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Should Rondo be traded, they had better have a player that is at least comparable or even better. I don't think he should be dealt unless the Celts get something back similar to what the Wolves are gonna get for Love. Personally, I hope he remains a Celtic. He may not be a great shooter, but he can handle and distribute the ball excellently. I don't think the C's need to add many more draft picks to what they already have. For all the youth that is going to be involved with this team over the next few years, you will need some veteran presence to help them along. Rondo is only 28 and has plenty left in the tank.   Rondo most likely will leave on his own if we do not secure two all stars to play with him.  We will lose him for nothing in return to free agency.

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to nightrider495's comment:

Should Rondo be traded, they had better have a player that is at least comparable or even better. I don't think he should be dealt unless the Celts get something back similar to what the Wolves are gonna get for Love. Personally, I hope he remains a Celtic. He may not be a great shooter, but he can handle and distribute the ball excellently. I don't think the C's need to add many more draft picks to what they already have. For all the youth that is going to be involved with this team over the next few years, you will need some veteran presence to help them along. Rondo is only 28 and has plenty left in the tank. 

RE: He may not be a great shooter, but he can handle and distribute the ball excellently.

You are 100% correct but the problem is that he doesn't have PP, KG & RA to whom to distribute the ball to do the scoring. We need someone like a C.Paul, T Parker etc. who can also distribute the ball but who can shoot too !  But, yes, I agree too, we must get someone of value in return because on another team like Ray Allen has been to the Heat, he can be a championship cog.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

I love Rondo.  So let's get that out of the way.  But here is the MOST POSSIBLE destination for Rondo:

Celtics trade Rondo to Houston and uses their TPE

Boston gets Asik, Lin, and the 25th pick

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I can live in a world without Love

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Rondo could very well be  gone on draft night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Complete Roster make-over:  

Keep all picks. but trade out of #6 (swap picks) to down to #12ish).  
    Trade:  Rondo, Bradley, Bass, Oly, Fav  - for-  Asik, Monroe, Dragic and pick(s).

Asik / Nurkic *  (#18 pick from Suns)

Monroe */ Sully

Green / TJ Warren * (#17 pick) / Pierce 

Stevenson (FA)* / PJ Hairston * (from trade) / Fredette (FA)

Dragic * / Ennis * (from #6 trade-down / swap picks to #12ish)  

Traded: Rondo, Bradley, Bass, Oly [Pressey, Bogans]  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love Rondo.  So let's get that out of the way.  But here is the MOST POSSIBLE destination for Rondo:

Boston gets Asik, Lin, and the 25th pick

[/QUOTE]

I'd do this in a NY heartbeat!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

announce rondo's going no-friggin-where and put an end to the horseCaca that smothers the intelligent life out of this board.   :-) 

bp

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Ron-doe must GO!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

The Ignore button...it's a beautiful thing!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boston gets Asik, Lin, and the 25th pick    This would make us stronger and a better team.

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Get over it Rondo fans, he is gone if we can not get a couple of all stars to play with him, he will leave and we will get nothing , and Danny knows this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

get aldridge, forget love

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts