Trade rondo now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Trade rondo now

Trade Rondo, Lee and Bass for Gordon and 6th pick of NO

Trade Rondo, Pierce and Lee for Evans 7th pick of Kings

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: Trade rondo now

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

Trade Rondo, Lee and Bass for Gordon and 6th pick of NO

Trade Rondo, Pierce and Lee for Evans 7th pick of Kings

What are you crazy ... Rondo ?....Heck he's the best... just ask the guy he see's in the mirror.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

not necessarliy opposed, although i do like rondo. but now is not the time to trade him. he's got to show he's recovered from his injury first. you don't trade a stock right after it crashes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Are you serious??? Gordon is ALWAYS hurt...heck no! Ainge may have to rebuild Rondo's rep first before he can unload him.

It would be a shocker if he was able to move him during the draft.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

not necessarliy opposed, although i do like rondo. but now is not the time to trade him. he's got to show he's recovered from his injury first. you don't trade a stock right after it crashes.

Unless the stock's about to crash again and turn into penny stocks.

Wait 'til Rondo shows that he isn't going to fully recover, not since doc abandoned him to his own fates.

Sooner is better if a patsy chump fool mark trading partner can be found.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Trade him to the Lakers---then they have to play against each other several times a year.

You might as well make him the player/coach. He does a lot of the coaching already and if you keep Rondo you will have to find a very understanding bench coach that could toerate him.

My suggestion clean house.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

people already know that rondo is a bit of a head case. that's not news. what they don't know is whether his knee is going to be healthy. luckily it was a partial tear and not a complete tear. but if rondo comes back and shows he can physically play, his trade value will be better. we simply cannot and should not trade him now. i'll go one step further: it won't happen; not until he's played some games at full speed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Don't trade Rondo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Rondo is a very good PG. If we do trade him it would have to be for someone(s) that would improve us. Not all knee injuries are as bad as the other,I know this first hand. I don't trade for some loose change and a draft pick in a weak draft. The only way I see us trading RR in hte near future is Smith demands he wants to play with RR. Then we give RR and Terry and we get Horford and L Williams. I haven't heard anything about such demands so eventhough that is a deal I could live with I don't see it happening.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Soonest you want to trade Rondo is after he's rehabbed and is at 100%.  Get more for him then.  That is, if DA wants to trade him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

The question Ainge has to ask himself about Rondo is. How effective will he be without the scoring of PP, RA or KG? Will teams allow Rondo to shoot EVEN MORE.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

The question Ainge has to ask himself about Rondo is. How effective will he be without the scoring of PP, RA or KG? Will teams allow Rondo to shoot EVEN MORE.

There is no doubt that RR is immensely talented athletically. But as a key component to a rebuild of the Boston Celtics???.......DA has got to see that you don't buid a house on a foundation riddled with cracks. RR has got to go. The question isn't IF DA trades Rondo, but when? Even those of you who love him and who's heart don't want to admit it, your brains know it. The evidence has been overwhelming. Despite being an all-star NBA PG, RR is not the guy to LEAD any team, i.e. Allen Iverson.....His injury is certainly gonna have an influence on when or how much he's traded for, but ACLs just aren't as detrimental as they used to be to an athelte's future performance. Today's medical science has proven time and again that elite athletes regularly, completely come back from them with great resuts. As such, yes there will be a value loss in trading him before he returns, but its best he is traded before he has the chance to contaminate the new players and coach before they arrive and set the wrong tone and environment. IT just wouldn't be fair to any of them. Another team could easily reason that a "change of scenery" or "a different situation" will be great for him. AND I think that with all of the changes, and negative whispers about him for such a long time now that Rondo himself would prefer a new start. I HOPE SO. In the end, it is the only thing to do and is best for EVERYBODY.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

people already know that rondo is a bit of a head case. that's not news. what they don't know is whether his knee is going to be healthy. luckily it was a partial tear and not a complete tear. but if rondo comes back and shows he can physically play, his trade value will be better. we simply cannot and should not trade him now. i'll go one step further: it won't happen; not until he's played some games at full speed.

Who would trade for someone who might not even be back next year?  One never knows, and he might never have the same quickness.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

There is no doubt that RR is immensely talented athletically. But as a key component to a rebuild of the Boston Celtics???.......DA has got to see that you don't buid a house on a foundation riddled with cracks. RR has got to go. The question isn't IF DA trades Rondo, but when? Even those of you who love him and who's heart don't want to admit it, your brains know it. The evidence has been overwhelming. Despite being an all-star NBA PG, RR is not the guy to LEAD any team, i.e. Allen Iverson.....His injury is certainly gonna have an influence on when or how much he's traded for, but ACLs just aren't as detrimental as they used to be to an athelte's future performance. Today's medical science has proven time and again that elite athletes regularly, completely come back from them with great resuts. As such, yes there will be a value loss in trading him before he returns, but its best he is traded before he has the chance to contaminate the new players and coach before they arrive and set the wrong tone and environment. IT just wouldn't be fair to any of them. Another team could easily reason that a "change of scenery" or "a different situation" will be great for him. AND I think that with all of the changes, and negative whispers about him for such a long time now that Rondo himself would prefer a new start. I HOPE SO. In the end, it is the only thing to do and is best for EVERYBODY.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Rondo is a very good PG. If we do trade him it would have to be for someone(s) that would improve us. Not all knee injuries are as bad as the other,I know this first hand. I don't trade for some loose change and a draft pick in a weak draft. The only way I see us trading RR in hte near future is Smith demands he wants to play with RR. Then we give RR and Terry and we get Horford and L Williams. I haven't heard anything about such demands so eventhough that is a deal I could live with I don't see it happening.  

straight up for Horford is what I have been saying all off-season.

once Howard spurns Atlanta

they offer Smith the Max and he says he wanst Rondo (PLEASE!!!!!)

then Ainge can tell Ferry he needs Horford even up and the Salary's are close

might as well TEAR IT UP here completely

Pierce to Cleveland for #19 pick

Doc's gone

KG is soon to follow either to the Clippers for Jordan (and hopefully Bledsoe) or into retirement if the leagues BANS the Clipper trade

Terry needs to go to anyone willing to take on his final two years (Callin DOC!!)

Rondo will feel like the lone starnger then....but Horford will be NICE piece in the rebuild

Jordan (From LA0

Melo

Horford

Bass

Sullinger

Green

Karasev (#19 pick)

Bradley

Lee

Crawford (is he STILL here)

Bledsoe (from LA...PLEASE!)

Schreoder (#16 piick)

a couple cheap ham sandwich players (Randolph, White, etc)

NOT T. Williams...he might shoot someone in the locker room!! so send him to Doc along with KG!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Doc who I think was expedient and less than sincere left this team less because of Rondo behavior's but more likely for the question mark around his recovery.  People who say we have a good nucleus that could have us competitive for 35 to 43 wins are nuts.  We will be at the league's bottom.  If KG and Pierce come back we could win in this range if Rondo can play the season.  We stink, Sullinger and Bradley are role player's and Green is most likely a good player who can't lead or win games most nights.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

Soonest you want to trade Rondo is after he's rehabbed and is at 100%.  Get more for him then.  That is, if DA wants to trade him.

Agree.  If Danny is considering trading Rondo he has to wait until he is healthy and is back in basketball shape.  We can hope that Rondo is back sooner rather than later but anything is possible.  Remember that Rose didn't play this entire past season.   No team is going to give up anything of value for Rondo until he is healthy. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Rondo should not be traded NOW or maybe at all.

1) I'd like to see how he recovers from injury.

2) I'd like to see how he reacts to being 'The Man' (ie Will his ego explode? Can he be a primary/secondary scoring option? Will he pound the ball or buy into the concept of touches for other players?)

3) If he is traded, it must be for someone younger than him. Trading Rondo for Horford makes no sense for a rebuild because they are the same age.

BUT

The following trade would work for me...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pe4jh5c

Hawks would have to add draft picks to send to Charlotte

Rondo/Smith/Horford could make some noisee if surrounded by D and 3 types

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

This is a moronic trade. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

"Trade Rondo Now!"

- said nobody with any basketball sense, ever.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

This is a moronic trade. 

Which?

Mine? Or OP?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

How about Rondo and #16 and a second round pick in 2014 to Detroit for Andre Drummond (6'11" 279 C/CPF), Villanueva (6'11" 232 PF) and #8

with #8 we pick either PG Burke or PG Carter-Williams.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

This is a moronic trade. 

Which?

Mine? Or OP?

OP hadn't read yours at that point. Bledsoe is terrible and has declined over the last couple of years. And this year's draft is WEAK.

Sections
Shortcuts