trade Rondo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: trade Rondo?

Numbers lie.

Defenses don't. True they may cheat a bit... as they do frequently with Rondo but they play percentages.

In the half court game, a good team may not bother to even guard him. Rondo's defender may sag, rest, or play help defender, double teaming someone else whose shot they are more afraid of, leaving Rondo alone.

They think  it  unlikely that Rondo will beat them by making a shot, even a wide open shot. They don't respect his shooting.

Pud

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Celticsfanmx,
    With all due respect you cannot be serious about Tony Parker his best days are behind him. As Pud says Rondo cannot shot well enough but if you watch the next few years Rondo will end up as one of the most unique point guard since Magic Johnson.  I am not saying he will be as good but he will be of hall of fame caliber.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: trade Rondo?:
    [QUOTE]Nobody is wrong here.  Rondo is a weapon with this personnel that becomes more valuable.  If the Celtics as currently constituted suddenly cannot get good shots it will be time to get rid of Rondo.  He makes the engine run like no other can.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's so hard to understand. Some of the folks here just don't get it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

rondo is a transcendent young pg who at the onset of his fifth season has ascended into rarified air and continues to improve. the celtics are blessed to have him in their service. there is not a more entertaining player in today's nba. yet many of the "astute" celtics fans here would not mind seeing him traded? ptooey!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]rondo is a transcendent young pg who at the onset of his fifth season has ascended into rarified air and  continues to improve . the celtics are blessed to have him in their service. there is not a more entertaining player in today's nba. yet many of the "astute" celtics fans here would not mind seeing him traded? ptooey!
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

Some don't realize that 24 assists is equivalent to 48 points. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I don't know what league I've been watching.  Rajon Rondo has been to the Finals twice and has a ring.  In between he averaged a triple double in the playoffs.  Last season he led the league in steals and won All NBA Defense.  FG% isn't a lying statistic in my opinion.  What teams are not going to bother to even guard him?  It doesn't matter.  In the two NBA finals instance the only team that matters is the Lakers and in the other the only team that matters is the Magic.  Would you trade Rondo for Derek Fisher or Jameer Nelson?  Mo Williams?

How about Larry Bird for Magic Johnson or Michael Jordan?  Where is your pride?  Rondo is a Celtic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know what league I've been watching.  Rajon Rondo has been to the Finals twice and has a ring.  In between he averaged a triple double in the playoffs.  Last season he led the league in steals and won All NBA Defense.  FG% isn't a lying statistic in my opinion.  What teams are not going to bother to even guard him?  It doesn't matter.  In the two NBA finals instance the only team that matters is the Lakers and in the other the only team that matters is the Magic.  Would you trade Rondo for Derek Fisher or Jameer Nelson?  Mo Williams? How about Larry Bird for Magic Johnson or Michael Jordan?  Where is your pride?  Rondo is a Celtic.
    Posted by shines01[/QUOTE]

There was one proposal that had Rondo, Perk, and JO going to Denver and in return the Celtics get Melo and Ty Lawson.

HAHAHA!!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Rondo traded for failure to restart negotiations between Israel and the Palestinains.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know what league I've been watching.  Rajon Rondo has been to the Finals twice and has a ring.  In between he averaged a triple double in the playoffs.  Last season he led the league in steals and won All NBA Defense.  FG% isn't a lying statistic in my opinion.  What teams are not going to bother to even guard him?  It doesn't matter.  In the two NBA finals instance the only team that matters is the Lakers and in the other the only team that matters is the Magic.  Would you trade Rondo for Derek Fisher or Jameer Nelson?  Mo Williams? How about Larry Bird for Magic Johnson or Michael Jordan?  Where is your pride?  Rondo is a Celtic.
    Posted by shines01[/QUOTE]

My pride is with the Celtic franchise.

Which reminds me.... Delonte, for Gawd sake, take your meds... stay healthy and hold your s**t together, fella.

You can make us all proud!

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: trade Rondo? : Some don't realize that 24 assists is equivalent to 48 points. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

at least 48 points. don't forget the 3pters. and the and1s

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I have to agree with acie. The 24 assists against a woeful opponent that we struggled to put away  is little more than a flashy trinket... but classic Rondo.

Analogy: Yes, the Jaguar XKE won the race against the Ford Pinto in the last lap by half a car  length but the Jags brakes dragged erratically the whole time.

Pud 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

The disagreement on Rondo was his shooting woe.

Forget about his assist, distribution of the balls, his basketball IQ, his steal,
       his toughness,  his rebounds & his night after night above average performance.
    If basketball is like sex & u r a lousy lover ...then u r right,  all you need to do is get your climax forget about foreplay.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldtimerceltfan. Show oldtimerceltfan's posts

[QUOTE]Celticsfanmx, With all due respect you cannot be serious about Tony Parker his best days are behind him. As Pud says Rondo cannot shot well enough but if you watch the next few years Rondo will end up as one of the most unique point guard since Magic Johnson.  I am not saying he will be as good but he will be of hall of fame caliber.
    forgive me, but in the next few years rondo best will also be behind him too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Tony Parker might be getting old. But he's a very solid and reliable PG. Plus, he can shoot long distance and doesn't rely only in slashing his to the basket to score as rondo does.

The Celtics as they are now need someone who can shoot from the outside as they're bigger in size this year. That way getting offensive rebounds will be fairly easier than it is now with the paint clogged all the time because of Rondo trying to score only by pennetrating the defense.

Just my two cents. At the end of the day I'm just happy the Celtics beat the Knicks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldtimerceltfan. Show oldtimerceltfan's posts

Did we all forget, last year? How many games did we struggle with the lead going down to the wire, some we lost the lead, and the game. How many 4th qtr leads did we lose? Coach Phil Jackson even mentioned it during that playoff game he was caught on tape saying:"this teams is known for losing 4th qtr leads".
     Could it have been because Rondo disappears in the 4 qtr for fear off shooting, and going to the basket for fear of going to the FT line. That put pressure on every one else to make up for his short comings. It not fair to them to have to do that.
    That same thing can happen this year too. What has changed? NOTHING.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

There's always the option of not watching Celtic games if you're so unhappy with Rajon Rondo. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Did we all forget, last year? How many games did we struggle with the lead going down to the wire, some we lost the lead, and the game. How many 4th qtr leads did we lose? Coach Phil Jackson even mentioned it during that playoff game he was caught on tape saying:"this teams is known for losing 4th qtr leads".  Could it have been because Rondo disappears in the 4 qtr for fear off shooting, and going to the basket for fear of going to the FT line. That put pressure on every one else to make up for his short comings. It not fair to them to have to do that. That same thing can happen this year too. What has changed? NOTHING.  
    Posted by oldtimerceltfan[/QUOTE]

Leave it to Rondo to figure out a way to accrue hero stats (triple double) while subduing the lowly Knicks in a game that should have been little more than scrimmage.

If RR had taken care of business and played smart from the start, he would have played 30 minutes instead of 45 and the game would have been decided by halftime with the scrubs playing big, BIG minutes, giving the starters a blow.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: trade Rondo? : Leave it to Rondo to figure out a way to accrue hero stats (triple double) while subduing the lowly Knicks in a game that should have been little more than scrimmage. If RR had taken care of business and played smart from the start, he would have played 30 minutes instead of 45 and the game would have been decided by halftime with the scrubs playing big, BIG minutes, giving the starters a blow. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I don't get it. If you're so unhappy with Rondo why are you still a Celtic fan? 

If Rondo stays with the Celtics until his contract expires does that mean that you will be unhappy until 2014?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

P34, it's possible to identify a player's shortcomings and still be a Celtics fan.  You don't have to be happy/unhappy with a player to state obvious facts about him.  Do you?  I love Rondo but he can't shoot.  That doesn't mean that I'm unhappy with him and therefore (in your eyes) should not be a Celtic fan.

JON is playing horribly right now and he currently is a Celtic.  Does that mean that I am not a Celtic fan because I am unhappy with JON's play?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

I would trade him for Nash and Jared Dudley-make the C's the Championship favorite for the next 2 years and then rebuild.  Not a good long term deal-but there is no long term for this team.   The dynamics of this team would immediately change since Nash demands coverage and will nail open jump shots(would really free up Pierce and Allen).

With that said I do like Rondo-but his shooting flaws will be exposed BIG TIME when the Big 3 move on.  Tough to build a team around a PG that cant shoot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]P34, it's possible to identify a player's shortcomings and still be a Celtics fan.  You don't have to be happy/unhappy with a player to state obvious facts about him.  Do you?  I love Rondo but he can't shoot.  That doesn't mean that I'm unhappy with him and therefore (in your eyes) should not be a Celtic fan. JON is playing horribly right now and he currently is a Celtic.  Does that mean that I am not a Celtic fan because I am unhappy with JON's play?
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

You're unhappy with JON at this time because he's playing poorly. Some of the fans here have been complaining about Rondo for over a year now. I can't imagine watching the Celtics and being unhappy with one of the players. I mean it just makes you miserable.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Ainge and Rivers would not be doing their jobs if they identified any player as "Untradeable". 
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

and it only follows that ainge was NOT doing his job when he declared the poor shooting rondo the "starter of our future" five years ago after seeing him footloose in garbage time for 20 games. 

immensely talented, yes, rondo is that.  and also with a horribly incomplete game......... most kids in HIGH SCHOOL never get to start PG until they can command the freebie and jumper at least to a NON LIABILITY level of proficiency.

Sections
Shortcuts