Trade Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

Trade Rondo

I might just be disgusted with tonights outcome and how Rose just abused Rondo at will but I seriously think we need a new point guard.  Over the course of the last 25 games or so Rondo has not looked like the same player.  At first I thought he might have been injured so I gave him the benefit of the doubt but this is ridiculous.  We can't win a championship with him playing like this.  He can't shoot a jumper or a free throw.  Teams are not guarding him or playing 3 feet off him and it is hurting our offense.  We can get away with it playing against crappy teams but when we play the good teams like tonight our offense becomes stagnant.  This is what I think needs to happen.  After this season if we don't win it all I say sign Jeff Green and then trade him and Rondo to Phoenix for Nash and Dudley.  That will be Nash's last year on his current contract and realistically next year will probably be the last year the C's have a legitimate chance to win a championship anyway.  I know we would be older but it would be for one year.  After next year Deron Williams and Chris Paul will be free agents and we can go after one of them since Pierce is the only contract on the books for the 12-13 season.  Then maybe sign KG to a 2 year deal worth $16-$18 Million and sign Nash as a back up PG for a one year deal.  Maybe we can even get Ray for a one year deal as well.  Then fill in the rest with some good role players.  I am no GM so I am sure this probably wouldn't work for a number of reasons but seems logical to me.  If we get Nash I think we gain more than we lose.  Nash could still run the fast break, space the floor and shoot jumpers and free throws.  We lose defense but honestly I think Rondo is overrated in that category anyway.  He gambles alot and that is why he gets so many steals.  Overall his one on one defense has been horrible.  A starting five next year of Nash, O'neal, KG, Pierce and Allen seems intriguing.  If we can resign Delonte and BBD we would have them JO and Dudley coming off the bench.  I know it all sounds ludicrous but I really think Rondo's lack of offense is what is holding us back against the better teams.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

Re: Trade Rondo

In Response to Re: Trade Rondo:
    I am no GM so I am sure this probably wouldn't work for a number of reasons but seems logical to me. Impossible fantasy scenerios are logical?
    Posted by tompenny

Money wise it seems logical.  I am sure there are other things involved that I am not aware of.  Like I said I am no GM.  Maybe I am just venting because the Bulls put it on us tonight.  I just think Rondo is overrated.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I don't disagree with your feelings on Rondo tonight. If he can't shoot he will not lead this team to a championship. But your idea is beyond bad. Nash is 37 years old and Dudley while good is not Jeff Green.  You are giving up two players who better and young for an old player declining every year from now on to his retirement and Dudley a good player who will never be a star.

What are you thinking? A team as old as the one you are talking will get buried every night in the fourth period. Every night.

Don't give up the ship yet. We may have just had a bad night. PP needs to get his head on right and Ray needs some rest.  Rondo needs to play as he did against the bulls in 2009.  And there is no reason why he can't.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

I'm not a fan of Rondo but I don't think our vets have enough in the tank for next year.  Throw Nash in there and it only makes things worse.  I hate to admit it but I think that after this year it's time to blow this thing up and begin the rebuilding process.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

Yeah I am just venting.  I know it would never work but I just don't think Green fits in to what we do.  Like they were saying tonight he is just too passive and doesn't have that mean streak or killer instinct.  It almost seems like he is going through the motions sometimes out there.  I thought the Perk trade was stupid but was optimistic because I thought Green would flourish in our system as opposed to playing with two black holes in Durant and Westbrook.  I don't think Doc plays him enough though either.  The kid is young and should be playing BBD like minutes but he only gets 23 a game.  Pierce and Allen are still in the high 30's.  I thought the point of getting Green was to give Pierce and Allen more rest but that hasn't happened.  I think Shaq is the key though.  When he is healthy it seems like our offense flows better.  Even with people playing off of Rondo.  We just better get our act together quick or we will be lucky if we even make it to the Eastern Conference Finals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

Makes an account after the Celts/Bulls game, then makes a thread about trading Rondo. HAHAHA!!! YOU CAN NOT GET ANY TROLLER THAN THAT!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34

I have actually had an account for a while but never really posted.  Somehow that account got locked out and I had to create another one.  I am not a troller.  I am a die hard Celtics fan.  Have been since the day I was born.  I am just not a fan of Rondo's play as of late.  Anything can happen.  If someone posted prior to the trade deadline this year that the C's would trade Nate Robinson and Perkins to the Thunder for Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic I am sure you guys would be saying the same thing that it doesn't make sense but it happened.  I personally didn't like the move but I have tried to stay positive.  No wonder Laker trolls come in here and blast you.  I am on your side and you are attacking my point of view and calling me a troll.  Go figure. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Trade Rondo:
    I might just be disgusted with tonights outcome and how Rose just abused Rondo at will but I seriously think we need a new point guard.  Over the course of the last 25 games or so Rondo has not looked like the same player.  At first I thought he might have been injured so I gave him the benefit of the doubt but this is ridiculous.  We can't win a championship with him playing like this.  He can't shoot a jumper or a free throw.  Teams are not guarding him or playing 3 feet off him and it is hurting our offense.  We can get away with it playing against crappy teams but when we play the good teams like tonight our offense becomes stagnant.  This is what I think needs to happen.  After this season if we don't win it all I say sign Jeff Green and then trade him and Rondo to Phoenix for Nash and Dudley.  That will be Nash's last year on his current contract and realistically next year will probably be the last year the C's have a legitimate chance to win a championship anyway.  I know we would be older but it would be for one year.  After next year Deron Williams and Chris Paul will be free agents and we can go after one of them since Pierce is the only contract on the books for the 12-13 season.  Then maybe sign KG to a 2 year deal worth $16-$18 Million and sign Nash as a back up PG for a one year deal.  Maybe we can even get Ray for a one year deal as well.  Then fill in the rest with some good role players.  I am no GM so I am sure this probably wouldn't work for a number of reasons but seems logical to me.  If we get Nash I think we gain more than we lose.  Nash could still run the fast break, space the floor and shoot jumpers and free throws.  We lose defense but honestly I think Rondo is overrated in that category anyway.  He gambles alot and that is why he gets so many steals.  Overall his one on one defense has been horrible.  A starting five next year of Nash, O'neal, KG, Pierce and Allen seems intriguing.  If we can resign Delonte and BBD we would have them JO and Dudley coming off the bench.  I know it all sounds ludicrous but I really think Rondo's lack of offense is what is holding us back against the better teams.
    Posted by rampageimt23

Hey trade ray allen too. he was outclassed by Bogans who not only got in Allen's head with some physical defense, but Bogans made 2-of-3 3-pointers while chipping in six points over 17 minutes. Allen finished with seven points on 3-of-11 shooting over 38 minutes, missing all three trifectas he put up. 

Joakim Noah out played KG too. Better get rid of him.

In fact, the starters were a collective -37 in the plus minus. heck lose them all. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Rondo : I have actually had an account for a while but never really posted.  Somehow that account got locked out and I had to create another one.  I am not a troller.  I am a die hard Celtics fan.  Have been since the day I was born.  I am just not a fan of Rondo's play as of late.  Anything can happen.  If someone posted prior to the trade deadline this year that the C's would trade Nate Robinson and Perkins to the Thunder for Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic I am sure you guys would be saying the same thing that it doesn't make sense but it happened.  I personally didn't like the move but I have tried to stay positive.  No wonder Laker trolls come in here and blast you.  I am on your side and you are attacking my point of view and calling me a troll.  Go figure. 
    Posted by rampageimt23

Here is what drives me crazy about this nonsense.  KG was 3 of 10. and outplayed by noah. No one is saying trade kG. Ray was outplayed by a scrub of a 2 guard. No one wants to trade ray.

same with Pierce, Baby, JO.

Rondo is a top five point guard. He may not be as good as Rose but if you trade him you will most liekly get lesser value. 

Btw, West was playing against the second unit of Chicago. I promise you Rose would have destoryed him tonight as well if he had started. Rose was in a zone. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

In Response to Trade Rondo : Hey trade ray allen too. he was outclassed by  Bogans who not only got in Allen's head with some physical defense, but Bogans made 2-of-3 3-pointers while chipping in six points over 17 minutes. Allen finished with seven points on 3-of-11 shooting over 38 minutes, missing all three trifectas he put up.  Joakim Noah out played KG too. Better get rid of him. In fact, the starters were a collective -37 in the plus minus. heck lose them all. 
    Posted by jtkl

Everything starts with Rondo.  It is hard to generate offense when the man guarding him is not even really guarding him but guarding the paint because he can't hit an 18 foot jumper with any consistency.  The others played bad as well tonight but everything has to run through Rondo.  Maybe the missing key is Shaq.  The offense seems to run better when he plays because he commands a double team sometimes and takes up space in the paint which provides us with more open shots on the perimeter.  We did miss alot of open looks tonight but the Bulls also contested alot of shots.  We just looked slow and sluggish tonight and Chicago wanted it more.  Normally Rondo steps his game up when he plays against the likes of Rose, Lebron, etc but lately he seems like he can't guard anybody and the better defensive teams are limiting us to a half court game.  I think our half court offense is weak.  We need to get out and run and get transition buckets.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

When the Celtics went on their recent winning streak, Rondo was playing fantastic, hitting shots from the outside stealing lose balls, rebounding like a demon, and running down the court leaving behind his mates for a quick dunk. When Rondo is on fire, he can't be stopped and the Celtics look invincible.

Yeah, Rondo is far from perfect. That's because he's human. Last season in the playoffs Rondo was the reason the Celtics made it to the finals. He just couldn't sustain it for every game. Who can?

You guys got Delonte West and I like this guy's game as well. The Lakers have Derek Fisher and he's been stinking up the past 3 losses for the Lakers. But I appreciate what Fisher has done in the past and not going to call for him to be traded. Just put things in perspective.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Trade Rondo : Hey trade ray allen too. he was outclassed by  Bogans who not only got in Allen's head with some physical defense, but Bogans made 2-of-3 3-pointers while chipping in six points over 17 minutes. Allen finished with seven points on 3-of-11 shooting over 38 minutes, missing all three trifectas he put up.  Joakim Noah out played KG too. Better get rid of him. In fact, the starters were a collective -37 in the plus minus. heck lose them all. 
    Posted by jtkl

Old age will be taking care of the starters before you know it. However, young Rondo is 25 and supposed to be the face/future/cornerstone of the franchise for the next decade.

Not likely based on his failure to round out his game... as Rose obviously has done as he showed again tonight, head to head.

There really should not be a dimes difference between Rose's game and Rondo's, based on raw talent only.

Tonight showed that the two play the game at vastly different levels. Vastly!

Pud

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Rondo : One week before the playoffs start and you're making a thread about trading Rondo. What's worse is you want Rondo, who's only 25 years old, traded for a 37-year old PG who's about to retire in 1 or 2 years. Some Celtic fan you are! So what if Laker trolls blast me? I'd rather get blasted by the Laker trolls than make a thread about trading Rondo one week before the playoffs start.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Like I said....getting Nash is a one year thing.  As someone posted above they think we should blow up the team next year because they think this year is our last run at a championship.  If you had the chance to sign Deron Williams, Chris Paul or keep Rajon Rondo who would you take?  Obviously since you are a Celtics fan so I bet you are saying Rondo.  Williams and Paul are both better than Rondo so I would take either of them over Rondo any day.  Not sure what being a Celtic fan has to do with the fact that I think someone should be traded.  I hated Rasheed Wallace and when he came to the Celtics I still hated him.  I guess that doesn't make me a fan in your eyes.  Other than giving it his all in Game 7 of the Finals last year he did nothing for us.  I am sure you loved him though.  I mean you are a Celtics fan so by your definition you have to love him right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

When the Celtics went on their recent winning streak, Rondo was playing fantastic, hitting shots from the outside stealing lose balls, rebounding like a demon, and running down the court leaving behind his mates for a quick dunk. When Rondo is on fire, he can't be stopped and the Celtics look invincible. Yeah, Rondo is far from perfect. That's because he's human. Last season in the playoffs Rondo was the reason the Celtics made it to the finals. He just couldn't sustain it for every game. Who can? You guys got Delonte West and I like this guy's game as well. The Lakers have Derek Fisher and he's been stinking up the past 3 losses for the Lakers. But I appreciate what Fisher has done in the past and not going to call for him to be traded. Just put things in perspective.
    Posted by rsalas67m

I appreciate your point of view but comparing Derek Fisher and Rajon Rondo is like comparing apples to count chocula.  As someone else pointed out when Rondo is rebounding, running the break and playing like a man possessed he looks invincible and so do the C's.  That is the only way he can look like a superstar though is when he does those things but he can't do it night in and night out.  That is the frustrating part.  One night Rondo will look like an all star but the next night he looks pedestrian at best.  He can't sustain that kind of play all season so we nights like tonight.  I won't be surprised if we see Rondo come out on Sunday and put up 16-14-8 numbers.  I will give him credit that he was the reason we made it to the finals last year but he couldn't sustain it for the finals.  He wasn't the reason we lost the finals but him not being able to sustain the pace he set in the previous rounds was a big factor.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Sorry but you're a complete idiot. Rose is emerging as a lot better player than Rondo and he's going to abuse a lot of point guards in the years to come. If you judge point guards by how they play against Rose every other team would be trading their point guards all the time. Rose was also a number one draft pick. Was Rondo? Nowhere near.

Rondo has been playing well lately overall. It's a team sport. Did you notice our lack of beef inside and how soft that defense was for Rose? You need to learn how to see a big picture.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Depending upon the extent of the lockout, I will not be surprised to see Danny trade Rondo next year.  He will no longer be a base-year compensation player and Danny might just trade him for a player + high pick.  Danny has already started balancing the current drive for championship against a build up for the future.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

I wasn't comparing Derek Fisher to Rondo. Rondo is lights years better than Fisher. I was pointing out that I understand Fisher's serious shortcomings and put them in perspective. I would not call for trading Fisher based on one game. 

The team that beat the Celtics tonight happens to have the best record in the East and I haven't seen any team stop Rose this year. Try swallowing losses to Utah, Oakland, & Denver where Fish has had horrible games. Last year the Lakers limped into the playoffs with 4 losses.

Rose is arguably the best point guard in the league. But Thibadeau knows the Celtic players & their system intimately and prepared Chicago effectively.

Rondo can out-quick, out-play most of the league's point guards minus the cream of the crop--Rose, Deron Williams, & Chris Paul. I suspect that if Ainge wants to trade Rondo at the end of the season, there would be quite of few teams that would be interested. But I don' think Danny is that crazy.

I think the Celtics played right into Chicago's hands by trying to run with them. The Celtics play much better when they slow the tempo down which is exactly the style played in the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo was aggressive for maybe 5 mins last night. I thought he was intimidated by Rose from the start

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Sorry but you're a complete idiot. Rose is emerging as a lot better player than Rondo and he's going to abuse a lot of point guards in the years to come. If you judge point guards by how they play against Rose every other team would be trading their point guards all the time. Rose was also a number one draft pick. Was Rondo? Nowhere near. Rondo has been playing well lately overall. It's a team sport. Did you notice our lack of beef inside and how soft that defense was for Rose? You need to learn how to see a big picture.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Good analysis.  You're obviously not a complete idiot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

I don't think they should trade Rondo, but I am disgusted with his lack of intensity and his poor shooting. He isn't working hard enough at it, plain and simple.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Rondo : Here is what drives me crazy about this nonsense.  KG was 3 of 10. and outplayed by noah. No one is saying trade kG. Ray was outplayed by a scrub of a 2 guard. No one wants to trade ray. same with Pierce, Baby, JO. Rondo is a top five point guard. He may not be as good as Rose but if you trade him you will most liekly get lesser value.  Btw, West was playing against the second unit of Chicago. I promise you Rose would have destoryed him tonight as well if he had started. Rose was in a zone. 
    Posted by jtkl

Noah 1-3 from the floor. He had 2 points and 6 rebounds. KG 10 points and 10 rebounds. KG has certainly played bettor but I would not say Noah outplayed him.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Does anyone remember it was the 2nd team that got the Cs close in the 2nd quarter last night but it was the starters who gave it away. Doc's subbing patterns was atrocious....Delonte was playing the way we would like to see Rondo play but he doesn't get back into the game till the 4th qtr when the Bulls were underway in kicking our a@#es. The Captain was equally pathetic...let's see...half a dozen turnovers, 0 for 100 in 3's, Deng punked him and this from our so call leader. KG is just a weak 7footer whose best days are way behind him...playing with his back to the rim is against his religion (and blocking a shot or two). Ray is now one dimensional, if he can't get his shot off he can't help (don't you think Thibs instructed Brogans to get physical with him and he'll disappear). Glen Davis is still figuring what his role is and is in love with his jumper (he's the only one who loves it)
    So when we talk about Rondo (and yes his game is gotten worse) let's throw in some of the others. It starts from the top with Danny and it's amazing how silent he has been since he did this mid-season overhaul. We (the Cs and I) suck!!!

Sections
Shortcuts