Trade Rondo!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RampageIMT. Show RampageIMT's posts

Re: Trade Rondo!

In Response to Re: Trade Rondo!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Rondo! : Baby is a free agent therefore the Cs do not have the right to trade him.  If Chris Paul would agree to a trade, my guess is that it would be to a team that has a chance to win now and for a long time.  The Cs window is just about to slam down on Danny's knuckles.  I can see CP3 and his posse sitting around right now thinking "let's see they have Wafer, Bradley, they just got the 22nd pick from the Clippers, they got their own 20th pick, they have Delonte West, Glen Davis.... wow - let's go to Boston"......... Rondo has had 4 offseasons to learn how to shoot - ummmm, he can't shoot. It worked for Rose because like many other players there is a desire to get better and round out their game.  Rondo already thinks he is the best and also thinks that shooting doesn't really matter.  Rondo is like a blind person, he cannot see so he has heightened senses of hearing, smelling, touch, and taste.  But in his case his lack of sight also includes a lack of hearing and smelling but he has great touch and taste and somehow having great touch and taste skills he is completely devoid of the other 3 and somehow that keeps him in the discussion of elite company. Rondo and the posters here are the only people on the planet that do not realize how much pressure he causes for the offense. During game 1 the announcers made several comments re. the Knicks having to play defense 5 against 4 because of Rondo.... of course this is lost on most on BDC and then they hold up the rare good game as an example of how amazing Rondo is but the head is planted firmly in the sand when Rondo plays the last 25 games of the season shooting about 35%, never taking or making 3s, never taking or making free throws....  the excuse - they don't need him to score - there is plenty of scoring... well unless of course you realize that their offense is pathetic against good defensive teams and that they were about the 20th ranked scoring offense in the league. 90% of the time ignore the evidence and then when there is 1 game to support your position.... raise your head up and exclaim how everyone else is wrong......  well if wrong means wrong 10% of the time then maybe it means they are right...... I liken it to a spelling bee......  my kids get 20 words per week, spell it-use it in a sentence - spell it.  My daughter has never gotten a word wrong and her teacher gives her an extra 10 words per week at two grades above her level. So the Rondo-ites watch Rondo bow out of the spelling bee in the second round every week and then every 10 weeks or so he wins the spelling bee and is crowned the greatest speller in the history of the world. Rondo's great game last night was not even close to CP3s game 1 performance but on BDC it is not only the greatest game ever but one that has been repeated over and over again but somehow some of us have missed those games..... ummmm.... because they very rarely happen in reality but on BDC it is a nightly occurence. I remember when my kids were young and during the winter I would sit and watch golf with a nice fire going with one kid on each side of my lap and my wife would say why do you keep watching golf and I said I don't watch golf, I am watching Tiger because most people have never and may never see this again.......  this is what the Rondo-ites would like us to believe.  What we are really watching is Stewart Cink.  Cink plays for Boston, Tiger plays for NO, NJ, Dallas, Pho, OKC, and CHI... Cink also plays for Orlando, the Clippers, the Kings, the Pacers, and a whole bunch of others.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

You are spot on here Dudder.  I am not a fan of Rondo at all.  He is only good when he decides he wants to play.  We need a point guard who can do what he does but also shoot jumpers and free throws.  The teams in this league have figured us out.  If you can guard the fast break against us and force us into a half court offense we are like deer in headlights.  Nobody has to defend Rondo because he can't make an 18 foot jumper consistently so that leaves us with Ray running around like a madman trying to get open and everyone else just standing around.  Watch any of our offensive sets and 75% of the time Ray is the only one trying to get open.  The Knicks gave up the 3rd most points per game during the regular season and we have failed to crack 100 on them yet in the first 2 games.  It all starts with Rondo.  If you take the fast break away from us we are a mediocre team.  If we had a point guard who can shoot we wouldn't need to fast break everyone to death.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RampageIMT. Show RampageIMT's posts

Let me follow up that post with something else.  I am not blaming Rondo for everything.  I just think we need a more well rounded point guard.  Essentially on offense we are playing 4 on 5 because Rondo doesn't even factor into anything unless he drives to the hoop.  He doesn't do that as much anymore either because he can't make a free throw.  Also our second unit is of no help.  Why is Jeff Green only playing 12 minutes? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Dudder, I believe there is a thing called a sign and trade.  Also, I believe there is a thing called Bird Rights, which allows you to better the offers of others for your free agents.  Yes, getting traded to a win now and win in the future team like New Jersey is probably putting a smile on Deron Williams face every day. I believe the Clippers pick is better than ours.  Oh that's right these up and comers had the eighth worst record in the league.  Slightly better than our 25th pick. Maybe Paul can go to another team like the Knicks that will gut their team and be less likely to win now and win often. No, given the choices, this might actually be a more desirable location. The point is I'd trade anyone if it makes the team better.  And if you say it'll never happen you have learned nothing from this past year at all.  Maybe you can't learn anything!!! PA
    Posted by PACelt[/QUOTE]

Yes there is something called a sign and trade and it requires that the other GM is not brain dead and would give up a player that is better than both of the players you are proposing combined.

The Clippers pick is not in the upcoming draft, it is the 2012 draft - the one in which the Clippers will probably not have Kaman missing half the season and Gordon missing the other half which means the Clippers will likely be a challenge in the western conference as they would have been absent this years' injuries.  Next year, if there is a next year, will see the Clippers as one of the top 4 seeds in the west which is um.... already better than the East.

The most desirable opportunity would of course be the one where there is no talent and as I just explained none to be had.  I hope you did not use your last three brain cells to come up with this brilliant analysis.

Thanks for playing.... we have some wonderful parting gifts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Rondo! : Yes there is something called a sign and trade and it requires that the other GM is not brain dead and would give up a player that is better than both of the players you are proposing combined. The Clippers pick is not in the upcoming draft, it is the 2012 draft - the one in which the Clippers will probably not have Kaman missing half the season and Gordon missing the other half which means the Clippers will likely be a challenge in the western conference as they would have been absent this years' injuries.  Next year, if there is a next year, will see the Clippers as one of the top 4 seeds in the west which is um.... already better than the East. The most desirable opportunity would of course be the one where there is no talent and as I just explained none to be had.  I hope you did not use your last three brain cells to come up with this brilliant analysis. Thanks for playing.... we have some wonderful parting gifts.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

The Clippers were 32-50 and you think Chris Kaman, will make them as good as the Thunder were this year? HAHAHAHHAAH. I wish we could make a wager on this. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tony46. Show Tony46's posts

All you bozo's that are talking "trade rondo" don't know what you are talking about!
    Think about it----do you really want to do that??? Trade him for who?? Bibby?, Are
    you kidding??? Sure he's not going to be perfect every night, but  who is??? He's
    one of the top point guards in the NBA, so you would be cutting off your nose to
    spite your face if you did that! The C's are 2-0, be happy with that. I for one didn't
    even think they would get this far, but here we are, ahead of the game. Be thank-
    ful for what it is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Rondo! : Some clown commented last night after Rondo's breakout (mostly layups) 30pt performance against the woeful,  no-defense Knicks that it just goes to show you that Rondo can score whenever he/his team needs for him to score. I guess its really that simple. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
      I agree

and Espn had a stat where Rondo was 2 for 7 outside of 5 feet lol.  I never seen that stat before for an NBA PLAYER or maybe i cant remember sorry.  Teams adapt to evry game in the playoffs maybe the knicks with the worst defense will just create a wall so Rondo cant score  and then again they do not have legitimate bigmen blocking or contesting lay ups,  Rondo please learn how to shoot  outside of 5 feet quckly before the next round. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

[QUOTE]All you bozo's that are talking "trade rondo" don't know what you are talking about! Think about it----do you really want to do that??? Trade him for who?? Bibby?, Are you kidding??? Sure he's not going to be perfect every night, but  who is??? He's one of the top point guards in the NBA, so you would be cutting off your nose to spite your face if you did that! The C's are 2-0, be happy with that. I for one didn't even think they would get this far, but here we are, ahead of the game. Be thank- ful for what it is.
    Posted by Tony46[/QUOTE]

I think DWilliams maybe be avaialable from the Nets

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]LOL... He didnt do enough!  thats it ok!  I know he is playing with 3 hall of famers who all dominated for their own teams at one point and he is a 2nd rounder who noone wanted because he was deemed uncoachable and couldnt hit f/t's or outside shots.  This guy should be scoring more than that, like Carmello did!  He should have had atleast 15 rebounds..4 is not enough....We may have won, but I still trade him at the end of the season....just something I dont like about him....lets get Billups next  year..
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

You should know more about Rondo, if you're going to defend him the way you do!  He was a first round draft pick, not a second rounder. 21st. pick first round, from the Sun's!!

Sections
Shortcuts