Trade Rondo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Trade Rondo?

Ok so Rondo has an ACL injury...big deal plenty of guys come back from that with no lingering affects. If Ainge decides to trade Rondo...this offseason will be the time to do it.

Could Rondo land the C's a legit big man? A high draft pick to land Zeller (Indiana)? A S&T deal before Free Agency starts for a guy like Big Al, Josh Smith?

I think we've seen our last game with Rondo in a Celtics uniform. Just my opinion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Trade Rondo?

IDK how much we get for Rondo this off season.. those injuries dont go away quickly and sometimes do permanent damage which hinders mobility or quickness... Cant see us getting as much for Rondo injured than if he rehabed and came back showing he still had most of his physical attributes remaining

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Rondo back Jan 2014.... Rondo back to being Rondo Oct 2014

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Once Rondo is healthy and the trade benefits the Cs the of course.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

Ok so Rondo has an ACL injury...big deal plenty of guys come back from that with no lingering affects. If Ainge decides to trade Rondo...this offseason will be the time to do it.

Could Rondo land the C's a legit big man? A high draft pick to land Zeller (Indiana)? A S&T deal before Free Agency starts for a guy like Big Al, Josh Smith?

I think we've seen our last game with Rondo in a Celtics uniform. Just my opinion.

Sorry friend, you're dead wrong. There's no way Danny trades Rondo. There's no way we get enough value in return with him out for the season. Why would you sell low on Rondo? Why?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

Sorry friend, you're dead wrong. There's no way Danny trades Rondo. There's no way we get enough value in return with him out for the season. Why would you sell low on Rondo? Why?

You sell low or not at all. He is damaged goods and has been for a long time. Last time there was interest in Rondo was at the KG trade that began the Big Three era. The Wolves wanted him as part of the deal.

Since then...... ZIPPO! And now he is down with an ACL.

Bringing him back  will put the team into another tail spin.

Trade him for draft pics.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Maybe you package PP with Rondo. Here's why you sell Rondo.

Lee and AB are a good enough backcourt to build around and they're young. You can build around Lee, AB, Green, Sully, Melo and the pieces you get for Rondo and the draft picks.

Lee and AB make up a backcourt like Dumars and Thomas...they're interchangeable guards who can both run offense.

Do you get the value back for Rondo that was there before the injury NO but you wouldn't get that for 2 years. Rondo isn't heavy so his body will probably react well to recovery.

If the Bulls said we are trading DRose today...how many teams would be lining up for him with good trade packages? PLENTY

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Maybe you package PP with Rondo. Here's why you sell Rondo.

Lee and AB are a good enough backcourt to build around and they're young. You can build around Lee, AB, Green, Sully, Melo and the pieces you get for Rondo and the draft picks.

Lee and AB make up a backcourt like Dumars and Thomas...they're interchangeable guards who can both run offense.

Do you get the value back for Rondo that was there before the injury NO but you wouldn't get that for 2 years. Rondo isn't heavy so his body will probably react well to recovery.

If the Bulls said we are trading DRose today...how many teams would be lining up for him with good trade packages? PLENTY

offensively AB and Lee wouldn't make a wart on Thomas and Dumars butt.  Dumars was a top defensive player as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

trading rondo now makes no sense. we get nothing for him until he shows he can play. next topic.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

trading rondo now makes no sense. we get nothing for him until he shows he can play. next topic.

Let's see if we can continue the winning first.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Rondo back Jan 2014.... Rondo back to being Rondo Oct 2014

He'll be back in October of 2013, Christmas at the latest... but I agree he won't be himself again until the following season.

Its always stupid to sell a guy at his lowest value, but by the time you've stuck it out through a half season of no Rondo and a full season of 75% of Rondo, KG and Pierce will be completely washed up and likely not even good enough to start anymore (2014-15 season ages 37-38). Pierce should be the 6th man right now. By then Rondo will be 100% but in the last year of his contract and looking for a max extension.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Pierce should be the 6th man right now. By then Rondo will be 1005 but in the last year of his contract and looking for a max extension.

Only an idiot would give him a max extension... Let's pray that doesn't happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If a guy like Durant is $1.00 than Rondo is $0.75, some teams are going to value him at $0.50 and try to trade you two quarters for him right now. You don't do that.

But if someone gives you a big guy worth $0.75, or a big worth $0.50 AND a lottery pick or young guy worth $0.25.... then you think long and hard about that.

So if Sacramento offers Jason Thompson and Aaron Brooks for him... you say no way.

But if Utah offers Big Al, Gordon Hayward and a 1st rd pick for Rondo and Terry.... C's would have to think long and hard about that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to celticsfanmx's comment:

Pierce should be the 6th man right now. By then Rondo will be 1005 but in the last year of his contract and looking for a max extension.

Yeah thats supposed to say 100% but you get it.

If Rondo is completely healthy for the 2014-15 season, when he's 29 years old... and he's continued to improve his shooting like he did the past 3-4 years and is putting up a 17/11/6/2.... then some team will give him a max extension... these aren't 6 year 125 million deals anymore... they are 4/70

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

I will have to correct myself and clarify: let's hope Ainge is not that guy willing to offer Rondo a max contract. Seriously.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

That will be additional reason to trade him...last night, Nash would have been causing problems for us all night long...AB kept him at bay..and Lee was on Kobe like lint..yes, they made some tough shots, but they earned every one of those...and we ran them off the court...Nash and Howard just could not keep up..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

I will have to correct myself and clarify: let's hope Ainge is not that guy willing to offer Rondo a max contract. Seriously.

And 1!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Rondo is going nowhere. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Rondo is going nowhere. 

So you keep saying.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to kaktug's comment:

Let's see if we can continue the winning first.

Lets not start adding logic to these threads,  it may confuse some.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Pierce 6th man?  ROTFLMAO

someone needs to watch the games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I dont see that happenning.  He isn't worth max money and I am sure Ainge knows that. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I dont see that happenning.  He isn't worth max money and I am sure Ainge knows that. 

Well that makes it interesting.  Would other teams sign him to a large contract?  I bet they would.  So you can't let him go that route.  So you either sign and trade him or just trade him.  Or will DA give him a bigger contract and keep him.  Thinking about it this way makes me think he probably will get traded.  To me assists are the least valuable between scoring and rebounding and assists.  You need someone else to do something where scoring and rebounding is a individual stat.  To me that is why I wanted Rondo to be more of a threat to score.  Half court basketball was nearly like playing four on five.  RR was not a guy that would get the pass back and hit the shot.  That is what he needs to work on. (and free throws)