Trade Talk Update

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Trade Talk Update

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2012/12/31/3819972/demarcus-cousins-trade-rumors-celtics-mavericks

AB, Sully, and 1st pick..??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The Kings are currently not in the best position, either! The NBA is a business, and the Kings have disappointed their customers / fan base for several years! 

At some point you have to put a winning product on the floor! Sacramento's team, as it is currently constructed, is anything but a valued product!

The more outbursts Cousins has the more his trade value drops! DA knows this and will pull the trigger when / if the time is right!

if not, let the Melo era begin!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Cousins is going to cost a lot for one of the four teams that gets him.  This idea that we can cherrypick who they take and don't take is nonsense.  If it is not Rondo then everyone on the roster but Garnett is available.  It is going to take multiple players and will be on the Kings terms.  Which tells me we may miss out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Give them Rondo that's who they need and probably want! We would have to take back a bad contract, maybe Garcia. Danny better hurry, if Rondo keeps preforming like he has been lately, 6points in one game and 2 in the other, we won't be able to get someone like Cousins!! I'd rather keep Bradley, Sully and Melo for the future then Rondo!!

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  I would do Rondo for Cousins straight up.  I don't think you want 2 mercurial personalites on the same team.  I realize this would probably require additional players to balance money.  I wouldn't do Bradley and Sully for Cousins.  If Bradley is healthy next year, I think he'll be defensive player of the year.  I've never seen an on-the-ball defender like him.  His defense is disruptive and game-changing.  We need someone to force D Wade into retirement.  Sully is getting better with each game and his rookie year would be mirroring Boozer's if he got the consistent playing time Boozer had in Cleveland.  I love Sullinger and think he's going to be a joy to watch.  He's pretty much the only reason I watch now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Nope to trading Bradley and they are all set with guards. Sullinger makes less than Cousins so no. Bass and a pick maybe,remember Cousins has one more year left on his rookie contract after this season. So who knows maybe Bass and a pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nope to trading Bradley and they are all set with guards. Sullinger makes less than Cousins so no. Bass and a pick maybe,remember Cousins has one more year left on his rookie contract after this season. So who knows maybe Bass and a pick.

[/QUOTE]

I would love it but the chances of Bass and a pick are less than zero.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

forget any sort of patchwork trade in an attempt to squeeze another title out of KG and PP. it ain't gonna happen. hold onto rondo, green, bradley, sully, melo...everyone else is tradeable. time to rebuild.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

rondo before bradley, thats for sure

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:
    [QUOTE]

forget any sort of patchwork trade in an attempt to squeeze another title out of KG and PP. it ain't gonna happen. hold onto rondo, green, bradley, sully, melo...everyone else is tradeable. time to rebuild.

[/QUOTE]

Smile, are you saying Ray Allen saw it before we all did and got out of Dodge early?

we could get a lot for Pierce from a team on the bubble of being a championship team like the Grizzlies......but it ain't going to happen.  Garnett and Pierce will retire as Celtics.  Danny doesn't want to go back to the pre-Big 3 losing and irrelevancy.   He's trying to rebuild while challenging.  Not sure he can do it, but he's trying.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Smile, are you saying Ray Allen saw it before we all did and got out of Dodge early?

we could get a lot for Pierce from a team on the bubble of being a championship team like the Grizzlies......but it ain't going to happen.  Garnett and Pierce will retire as Celtics.  Danny doesn't want to go back to the pre-Big 3 losing and irrelevancy.   He's trying to rebuild while challenging.  Not sure he can do it, but he's trying.

[/QUOTE]

All the young and inexpensive players have to be on the table to get Cousins.  Sad but true. Danny is right to being trying to get it done.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

trading rondo is a non-starter. we'd have no PG. you anti-rondo types would be pulling your hair out after two weeks of AB at the 1.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

trading rondo is a non-starter. we'd have no PG. you anti-rondo types would be pulling your hair out after two weeks of AB at the 1.

[/QUOTE]

Rondo won't be traded.  But the young cheap new guys are going to go, just don't know which ones.  That is if the Mavs don't get in there and take them away from us.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

KG has a no trade clause, but everyone else...including PP can go!

I WOULD do Rondo to SAC:

In a 3 team deal, SAC could swing Rondo and Millsap, UTAH could get Evans and Bass/Green/Lee

We could get Mo Williams and Cousins.

UTAH needs to get rid of two of the 3 expiring deals they have, and they need a PG and wing scorer,

SAC would be much better, and easier to sell with Rondo and Millsap

We, of course, would be much better........Williams, Bradley and Terry is very good!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

We have a good team, Doc and Rondo are responsible for this team.  Get the ball MOVING and the players MOVING.  Look for the good shot and penetrations and let the boys play basketball. When most of the team is involved you will see more wins and better defense.  Green gets the ball STANDING and facing most of the defense.  Paul and Rondo hold the ball toooooooo long.  KG knows how to move the ball and should return to doing that.  Doc is trying to play  isolation with a team that is built for sharing the ball and scrappy defense.  Look at the five quarters of play when Rondo was suspended.  Doc needs to coach the team we have now and forget about the big three  domination of the ball.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

KG has a no trade clause, but everyone else...including PP can go!

I WOULD do Rondo to SAC:

In a 3 team deal, SAC could swing Rondo and Millsap, UTAH could get Evans and Bass/Green/Lee

We could get Mo Williams and Cousins.

UTAH needs to get rid of two of the 3 expiring deals they have, and they need a PG and wing scorer,

SAC would be much better, and easier to sell with Rondo and Millsap

We, of course, would be much better........Williams, Bradley and Terry is very good!

[/QUOTE]

Players can waive no trade clauses.  Garnett had a no trade clause with Minnesota.  No trade clauses just mean you have to get the players permission.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The article was just talking about players.  It didn't say the line above.  It was just talking about different players that could be involved.  From what I read this morning the Kings would like a veteran. 

[/QUOTE]

I'll be happy if the deal won't include Bradley. But the David Aldridge article also says Bradley has to be included to entice the Kings. So we'll see.

[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with OneOnOne's comment Fierce. The article only mentioned AB, Sully and Fab as potential trading pieces. That price is too high IMHO

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Some of these proposals are flat out onesided and not going to happen.  I don't care if AB is thrown in a deal to get a big.  Just get it done.  AB brings some defense, but his offense was suspect.  We need a legit two guard, back up point guard and a big.  Im not sold on Lee or Terry at the one and from what I've seen so far, not the two either.  Terry is stinking it up and Lee is okay.  

DA get us a big by any means neccessary.  Bye bye Melo, Sullinger, Bass, Bradley, and any one else on the roster.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cousins is if he is sane is better than Dwight Howard potentially and twenty two. Garnett surely could assess this and if he is all that, I am suggesting then Bradley and Sullinger would be worth it.  Not denigrating them here but how do we know Bradley is going to be what he was last year.  I have been concerned he has taken so long to come back.  Then I think about the two surgeries he had done.  It is not something to minimize.

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics suck and no one will bail them out unless it's for a price.  LMAO

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some of these proposals are flat out onesided and not going to happen.  I don't care if AB is thrown in a deal to get a big.  Just get it done.  AB brings some defense, but his offense was suspect.  We need a legit two guard, back up point guard and a big.  Im not sold on Lee or Terry at the one and from what I've seen so far, not the two either.  Terry is stinking it up and Lee is okay.  

DA get us a big by any means neccessary.  Bye bye Melo, Sullinger, Bass, Bradley, and any one else on the roster.

[/QUOTE]

Here's a way for the Celtics to get both Cousins and Evans, for those sold on the idea that Cousins can mature if given a better environment to grow with an established organization.

BOS Cousins, Evans and Salmons and 2013 2nd round picks from PHX and SAC

PHX Green, Melo and our 2013 1st rnd pick

SAC Gortat, Lee and Wes Johnson or Channing Frye (salary dumps)

We receive two players for our future foundation, second round picks for taking on Salmons contract.

PHX gets a SF that is better suited for a western style offense, a developing big and an additional pick to go with their lottery pick. May have to add another asset or pick to persuade them to play.

SAC gets acceptable big man to replace Cousins and Lee fills in as Evans replacement.

Of course we could bypass the SAC mess and deal directly with PHX for Gortat.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I still like Gortat...that way we don't gut the team entirely, and still stay relatively in contention..and still need a pure shooting guard...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Tell them to suck cactus...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

someone just tell me in plain language- why not dump rondo for cousins 1 for 1?  rondo is NOT worth 25 million over the next two years for 10 and 10 ball. 

then use putrified bass, terry, lee to go get a ham and egger point guard- why not the guy from toronto- carlos colon or whatever his name is?  jose calter rone?  he sucks but he can shoot some and keep defenses honest. 

you want to see cousins nuttier than squirrel crap???? put him in a slow down offense where rondo's man is always got his hand on cousins' clogging the lane.  then you'll really see some kooky stuff

Sections
Shortcuts