Trade Talk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Trade Talk

I think we unanamously agre that we need a big man NOW.  The names most discussed are Amare, Gasol and Gortat.  

Amare would be one step forward, two steps back. We don't need yet another oft injured big man that can't rebound.  I would rather not make any move than give up something of value to acquire him.  

Gasol has some value and would help, but again, he we need toughness and he is not able to bring it every night.  So he is one step forward and one step back.  Why bother.

Gortat would be a big step forward in the right direction. A tough player who can reound, score and play effecive D against elite centers.

However, NO team is going to trade a good man for fillers in our trash bin. We will need more attractive trade bait to acquire a legit Big, like Gortat...and like it or not, Rondo is the only player that other teams will want.  I believe without hesitation that a good man is more valuable than Rondo.

In the trade deal, we also need a scorer preferabley at SG and/or PF.

I would group the following as available for "trade" and "keep" piles as follows:

Available for trade:  Rondo, Bass, Terry, Collins, Wilcox, Barbosa, and Sully (reluctantly). 

Do not trade:  Bradley, Lee (what an awesome defensive front that would be), Green, Pierce, Garnett, Joeseph (has big upside potential) and Melo (got to see if he develops into a serviceable big)  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Trade Talk

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think we unanamously agre that we need a big man NOW.  The names most discussed are Amare, Gasol and Gortat.  

Amare would be one step forward, two steps back. We don't need yet another oft injured big man that can't rebound.  I would rather not make any move than give up something of value to acquire him.  

Gasol has some value and would help, but again, he we need toughness and he is not able to bring it every night.  So he is one step forward and one step back.  Why bother.

Gortat would be a big step forward in the right direction. A tough player who can reound, score and play effecive D against elite centers.

However, NO team is going to trade a good man for fillers in our trash bin. We will need more attractive trade bait to acquire a legit Big, like Gortat...and like it or not, Rondo is the only player that other teams will want.  I believe without hesitation that a good man is more valuable than Rondo.

I would group the following as available for "trade" and "keep" piles as follows:

Available for trade:  Rondo, Bass, Terry, Collins, Wilcox, Barbosa, and Sully (reluctantly). 

Do not trade:  Bradley, Lee (what an awesome defensive front that would be), Green, Pierce, Garnett, Joeseph (has big upside potential) and Melo (got to see if he develops into a serviceable big)  

[/QUOTE]

The problem is Rondo has more value than Gortat by a lot.  We would have to get much more in return.  They are not going to trade Rondo at this point,  you know that, but I think they can and get Gortat without him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The problem is Rondo has more value than Gortat by a lot.  We would have to get much more in return.  They are not going to trade Rondo at this point,  you know that, but I think they can and get Gortat without him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Players that are expendable that could help the Celtics:

JJ Redick - fills a needed scorer role.

Bargnani and Calderon for Rondo, Bass and ??  This gives us a good backup PG to AB or he could start. Bargnani at 7'0" 250 and 27 years old is soft and not a great rebounder, but would be a step forward.

Al Jefferson and Milsap will be free agents and I think available. I like Milsap to get us some rebounds and can score. I'm not crazy about Jefferson, but he would be an improvement.

IN: Bargnani, Milsap, JJ and Calderon 

Out: Rondo, Terry, Bass, Wilcox, Collins, Sully

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

Players that are expendable that could help the Celtics:

JJ Redick - fills a needed scorer role.

Bargnani and Calderon for Rondo, Bass and ??  This gives us a good backup PG to AB or he could start. Bargnani at 7'0" 250 and 27 years old is soft and not a great rebounder, but would be a step forward.

Al Jefferson and Milsap will be free agents and I think available. I like Milsap to get us some rebounds and can score. I'm not crazy about Jefferson, but he would be an improvement.

IN: Bargnani, Milsap, JJ and Calderon 

Out: Rondo, Terry, Bass, Wilcox, Collins, Sully

[/QUOTE]

I get where you are going but your new team isn't any better than the current one. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    R9R has more value to whom?

More value to the NBA because he sells a lot more jerseys?

More value to the Cs?

We have a higher winning % when he doesn't play over the past 2+ seasons.

Another silly suspension, 3 in the past 9 months,  and then what for DA walking on thin ice with Rondo already, holding his breath?

At some point, management gets rid of high maintenance players and cuts its losses... particularly when playing losing basketball and attendance/revenue falls off.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

If your going to trade Rondo and Bass go after Love and Rickey Rubio.  That would bring you back a point guard and get you a power forward while getting good talent for your elite point guard.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

You don't give up Rondo for nothing less than top talent and Gortat for Rondo is in no way a smart trade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I meant Bargnani over Amere, Gasol and Jefferson, and if Gortat not available.

Ideally we get Gortat - but still badly need a go-to scorer, and it isn't Terry or Lee, nor should rely on Bradley to fill that role just yet. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You don't give up Rondo for nothing less than top talent and Gortat for Rondo is in no way a smart trade.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think its feasible to expect a straight up trade - Rondo for Gortat.  We need more pieces than just a center, probably a multi-team deal, but Rondo and Gortat would be key pieces.   You may be right, but in any case, I would trade Rondo for Gortat straight up in a heartbeat.  If we also get a first round draft pick, all the better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If your going to trade Rondo and Bass go after Love and Rickey Rubio.  That would bring you back a point guard and get you a power forward while getting good talent for your elite point guard.

[/QUOTE]

I do that trade faster than you can say... done.  Unfortuneately Minn would laughably not even consider it.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I beg to disagree regarding Gasol. Gasol brings low post scoring, shot-blocking and rebounding which the Celtics severely lack. At 7"1, he does not need to be rugged.  He is not properly utilized by the Lakers, hence his poor performances lately. A frontline of Gasol at center (his natural position) and KG at power forward is formidable. The main concern with Gasol is his expensive contract. Trading Green, Lee and some other pieces could probably get the deal done.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Cousins suspended by Sacto. If Danny can swing a deal for this 22 year old 17PPG / 9+RPG stud... DO IT!!  I don't care how crazy he is.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Courtney Lee and a protected 1st round pick for Cousins.

Only a team like the Celts can handle a crazy person like Cousins. There will be no other teams interested.

Ainge said he's going to wait for someone who becomes disgruntled with his current team. Here's the opportunity.

[/QUOTE] Don't kid yourself, there will be plenty of teams willing to take a chance on Big Cuz!  Superstar potential and only 22 years old. Rondo, Sully, Green and a number 1 for Cuz and Evans!!  Do it now Danny!!  If that's not enough Ainge should call them and find out what it would take!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I would LOVE to see Cousins in green!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

Rondo not going to be traded this season. Maybe next season, but definitely not this season.

[/QUOTE] Why could he have been traded last season, but not this season?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rondo not going to be traded this season. Maybe next season, but definitely not this season.

[/QUOTE] Why could he have been traded last season, but not this season?

[/QUOTE]

Because Fierce was leading the bandwagon last season.

Pud

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

I admit I was one of those who wanted Rondo out of Boston last season. But you have to give credit where credit is due. Rondo was a different Rondo in the playoffs last season. This season, Rondo's even better.

The numbers don't lie. Rondo's shooting is way better this season compared to last season. 

[/QUOTE]

Rondo played as well as anybody did in the entire playoffs including the Lebron last year.  This changed a lot of our positions on him. It did mine.