Trade the crappy contracts now danny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Trade the crappy contracts now danny

trade humphries to bobcats for picks

rondo, wallace and Melo to cavs for irving and picks

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Re: Trade the crappy contracts now danny

Why would the Cavs want Rondo when Irving is younger, arguably better already, and not coming off a knee injury?  NOt trying to shoot it down, it would be a sick trade for us, but I don't get the reasoning from the Cavs perspective.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

We do need to get rid of that Wallace contract, but I just don't see anyone taking it (except DA) even if they love the idea of getting Rondo. It would have to be a team that thinks Rondo will put them over the top to true contention.  Most teams along those lines are spending money on free agents right now (Houston) and won't have the space to take on Wallace's bloated 3 year contract anyway.

I think they could play Wallace, and if he has something left in the tank, ship him out at the deadline to a team that needs a big wing defender.  (maybe someone like the Knicks, who will worry about stopping Lebron should they meet in the playoffs).

Or they could stretch provision the crap outta that thing.  However, nobody likes paying for guys that are playing elsewhere.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Wallace to Cavs or Kings.  Lee to Mavs.  Let Humphries contract play out.  Next year the core is Rondo, Green, Sully and supporting cast of AB and Olynyk.  Two first round picks.  Room for a quality free agent.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Big Ticket: 

1. May come as a surprise, but teams are not lining up to take our junk and overpriced guys.

2. Rondo's contract is not crappy. You may not like Rondo but his contract is a fair one and our most attractive trade asset. Ainge will take his time on that one. Also, he has a lot less value injured so there is a strong argument to re-establish his value on the court. 

3. Cleveland is not trading Irving for anything on our roster. They will use Irving to try to lure Lebron back...as unlikely as that all seems

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Big Ticket: 

1. May come as a surprise, but teams are not lining up to take our junk and overpriced guys.

2. Rondo's contract is not crappy. You may not like Rondo but his contract is a fair one and our most attractive trade asset. Ainge will take his time on that one. Also, he has a lot less value injured so there is a strong argument to re-establish his value on the court. 

3. Cleveland is not trading Irving for anything on our roster. They will use Irving to try to lure Lebron back...as unlikely as that all seems

i just include rondo to take out wallace crappy contract so thats why im looking for irving in return, i respect rondo as much as he did for the c's. but i dont think cavs would do it for a wallace contract alone

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

i just include rondo to take out wallace crappy contract so thats why im looking for irving in return, i respect rondo as much as he did for the c's. but i dont think cavs would do it for a wallace contract alone

You're missing the point. 

Some consider Irving better than Rondo.

So why would the Cavs downgrade from Irving to Rondo?

Whether you think Irving is better right now than rondo doesnt even matter. He's got superstar potential

And a much higher ceiling and is way younger. So Irving to rondo is a huge down grade for cavs.

Do you have any knowledge of the nba at all? To even think anyone in their right mind would consider that is moronic

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

What crappy contracts ? Look around the league and we have value for every contract we have.

Some Boston fans are the most negative fans in sports always looking for the down side. Even if the proverbial Golden Goose was on a Boston team there will always be a contingent of gloom and doomers declaring an ever present disaster about the smell of her farts. Listen to sports radio for 5 minutes and all you hear from half the callers,no matter what team, whine about some minutia that will damn said team for the millenium. This legion of the doomed is led by the most negative,nitpicking and over analitical sports media in the nation. The worst is Tangueay, he sucks, see him at his first interview with the new coach desparately trying to throw a cloud of doubt over the interview ? Stevens dispatched him in about 5 seconds and went on finishing the interview with the Providence coach,leaving Tanquerey standing on the outside looking in.

Boston has some long standing bloodlines in this area and it is apparent that Henny Penny family of chicken little fame has it's roots of its family tree here in New England.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Those net players arent C's yet. By July 10, Ainge will do something. Chill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Even as a Rondo lover,  you have to admit, Irving is better.  It is a fact.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

[QU

Even as a Rondo lover,  you have to admit, Irving is better.  It is a fact.

No that's your Opinion!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

oh oh..I think so..I think Irving can or will be the future PG of the league..dunno..but the guy is really darn good..I hope I am wrong..I hope Rondo is..but I dont know..Irving usually torches Rondo..and he has been torching not players, but teams out there.. He is a skilled, crafty, great scorer/shooter and great involving players.. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Right now especially, Irving has more value than rondo.  no doubt.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from docdeke. Show docdeke's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

We do need to get rid of that Wallace contract, but I just don't see anyone taking it (except DA) even if they love the idea of getting Rondo. It would have to be a team that thinks Rondo will put them over the top to true contention.  Most teams along those lines are spending money on free agents right now (Houston) and won't have the space to take on Wallace's bloated 3 year contract anyway.

I think they could play Wallace, and if he has something left in the tank, ship him out at the deadline to a team that needs a big wing defender.  (maybe someone like the Knicks, who will worry about stopping Lebron should they meet in the playoffs).

Or they could stretch provision the crap outta that thing.  However, nobody likes paying for guys that are playing elsewhere.

Is it possible that celtics could amnesty contract of wallace or humphries once trade is finalized

• You have chosen to ignore posts from docdeke. Show docdeke's posts

Could celtics amnesty contract of wallace once trade is finalized

• This post has been removed.

• Sections
    Shortcuts