Trade with Minni but not for Love

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Trade with Minni but not for Love

Keeping cost cutting for future Cap space and the rebuild mode in mind and Minn wanting to retain Love by bringing in more talent:

Rondo  (11 PPG / 10 APG / 6 RPG / 3.3 turn-overs) - ~$90M

for

Rubio   (10 PPG / 9 APG / 4 RPG / 2.7 turn-overs) - 2 years left at $4M

2015 first round pick (likely mid-teens)

Moute - SF  (1 yr left on $4.5M contract and a better backup to Green than Wallace) 

Sheved - SG (1 yr left on $3M contract for salary to work). 

Rubio is a pass first pure PG like Rondo with similar stats who can work with developing Smart for a couple years, then the Celtics have the luxury of trading him for another quality player when Smart takes the reins.  

Plus accumulate a better 2015 first rounder so we can use the SD pick 26-30 for trade sweetener. and

Save a boatload for FA signing in 2 years. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Trade with Minni but not for Love

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If RR is to be moved, it's looking more and more like it will have to be for a center.

[/QUOTE]

There is no acceptable Center available, nor one that makes sense in this rebuild at present.  Rondo needs to be traded this year.

Our Franchise center position will be filled in 1.5-2.5 years either via FA or draft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Keeping cost cutting for future Cap space and the rebuild mode in mind and Minn wanting to retain Love by bringing in more talent:

Rondo  (11 PPG / 10 APG / 6 RPG / 3.3 turn-overs) - ~$90M

for

Rubio   (10 PPG / 9 APG / 4 RPG / 2.7 turn-overs) - 2 years left at $4M

2015 first round pick (likely mid-teens)

Moute - SF  (1 yr left on $4.5M contract and a better backup to Green than Wallace) 

Sheved - SG (1 yr left on $3M contract for salary to work). 

Rubio is a pass first pure PG like Rondo with similar stats who can work with developing Smart for a couple years, then the Celtics have the luxury of trading him for another quality player when Smart takes the reins.  

Plus accumulate a better 2015 first rounder so we can use the SD pick 26-30 for trade sweetener. and

Save a boatload for FA signing in 2 years. 

[/QUOTE] If they add Gorgui Dieng i'd do it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Good idea, but that would be too rich for Minn and leave them without a backup C.   If they included Dieng, I'de include Philly's second rounders next year or Iverson.  Fav may be more valuable than Dieng at this point.  Don't have a clue about Colton but we'll see this coming season when he starts with the Lobstis.    

Iverson Update From ESPN:

"Iverson is a legit 7-footer with a 9-foot-2 standing reach, a chiseled frame, and a desire for contact. He brings an unrelenting intensity to the floor, physicality that Boston needed last season, and, for a mean guy on the court, he's about as nice and polite as they come off it."

"He'll be in Boston and running the floor with the likes of Rajon Rondo as veteran players return to the team's facilities after their own short breaks following an early end to Boston's 2013-14 campaign.

"[The Celtics] wanted me to get some experience and keep playing hard.  "Work on my rebounding, expand my offense, work on my jump shot, screen-and-roll defense. I know Coach Stevens was big on that. He said he saw some good things out of me this year. I'm looking forward to showing him what I got better at."

Iverson averaged 7.2 points and 4.8 rebounds over 17 minutes per game in 47 appearances between the Turkish season and EuroCup.  Iverson ranked in the middle of the pack both offensively (0.875 points per play; 45th percentile among all international players tracked) and defensively (0.881, 46th percentile) over 53 appearances (including exhibitions).

Game film shows a player making strides despite inconsistent minutes, cultural difficulties and Intl game dynamics and the Celtics were pleased by much of what they saw.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Fav , Iverson, and KO    Better than most think if surrounded by better players than what we had last year.

Sections
Shortcuts