Trade with Portland?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Trade with Portland?

Here's a trade that could work for both teams. It works salary wise as well.

To Celtics - D. Lillard, JJ Hickson and Meyers Leonard

To Blazers - Rondo and Melo

Lillard gives us a steady PG to go with AB. Hickson is a bigger more athletic Bass and Leonard is a young 7'0 center

Lillard, AB, PP, Hickson, KG

Portland gets Rondo and a young Melo to go with Batum and Aldridge.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Trade with Portland?

Possible rookie of the year, which means more than likely he will continue to improve,  Hickson, is playing very well this year, and swapping projects for one has never got into the NBA.  So Portand gets rid of a good rebounder for pretty much nothing, lose 18 pts a game for a guy that probably will never get past 15 pts a game.  Get rid of another rookie that at this moment is probably better than Melo.

This might be nice for us but I don't think Portland would want to do such a thing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

BUT keep in mind Rondo is a 4 time All Star. Lillard may one day make the All Star team but being rookie of the year doesn't compare to being a top 3 All Star PG.

It comes down to a chemistry issue.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Elite PGs don't win championships for teams. We won ours with "developing" Rondo. This is an absurd trade scenerio.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

What about a :

Jason Terry

Jason Collins

Draft pick

for

JJ Hickson

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

BUT keep in mind Rondo is a 4 time All Star. Lillard may one day make the All Star team but being rookie of the year doesn't compare to being a top 3 All Star PG.

It comes down to a chemistry issue.

I agree BirdLewsBias.  Also, for whatever it is worth, the stat geeks at, 82games.com, give Hickson an outstanding offensive/rebounding production rating but what his opponents do back at him is a bad rating for J.J..  Overall he may only be an above average player.  This trade is creative but would throw this years' title hopes right out the window.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Elite PGs don't win championships for teams. We won ours with "developing" Rondo. This is an absurd trade scenerio.

I guess you never saw Zeke, Magic or DJ play. You must be young. LOL!

Would you rather have a head case like Cousins? Give me 3 talented guys that are young with no history of immaturity over a head case anyday.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

I have a better idea.

Start KG, Sullinger, Pierce, Green, and Rondo

Wilcox, Bass, Lee, Bradley, and Barbosa back up.

I think Doc has toyed and tinkered with this roster long enough. The pieces don't work. The tenacity, defense, scoring and rebounding just isn't there. This is a nice guy roster but not a title roster.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I have a better idea.

Kirk,

Playing the younger players makes sense but does not solve the problem upfront.  We do not have chance of contending with this roster. You will find that out if we keep the roster the same.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I have a better idea.

I would switch Bradley and Green - otherwise, I agree!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I have a better idea.

Who guards the speedy pg's??? Rondo?? no way...

Green has not shows any consistancy on offense...We woudl get torched..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I think the Portland would prefer Lillard over Rondo straight up.

They know Rondos strengths and especially weaknesses.  Portland doesn't have the guns to compensate for Rondo's deficiencies.

Lillard, on the otherhand is a complete player, with unlimited upside and without the mental issues.

Sections
Shortcuts