Trade with the Pistons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Trade with the Pistons

They want Smith, Smith wants Rondo.

Boston Trades: Rondo, Courtney Lee 

Pistons Trades: Greg Monroe, Tony Mitchell,  Expiring Contract of Rodney Stuckey

Why for Boston:  They get a talented young Big in Monroe, who can come off the books next year if he isn't working out (he will work out, he's a beast).  Another guy with loads of potential in Mitchell who is on a late round rookie contract.  And Stuckey is a guy to play PG next year that won't win you any games and is off your books at the end.  Get rid of Lee's contract.

Why for Pistons:  You get the PG that Josh Smith wants to play with, and can still offer him a rediculous max contract.  You get a top 5 talent PG who puts butts in the seats with his electric style of play.  You get a nice bench piece to replace Stuckey in Lee for about the same $.

Pistons can offer Monroe because he will command a new contract next year and bigs like him get paid.  And they already have his clone in Drummond.  Danny could demand Caldwell-Pope instead of Mitchell but I doubt the Pistons let him go as he fills a role for them.

I trade-checked it, the #s work.

Boston: PG- Stuckey, ? (other trades/min. signings)

Sg- Bradley, Brooks, Crawford

SF- Green, Wallace, Mitchell

PF- Sully, Olynyk, Humph(hopefully will be gone)

C- Monroe, Melo, Iverson

More $ off the books next year, and def a lottery team. But there is still some really nice potential there for the future.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Re: Trade with the Pistons

Crap, I forgot about Bass.  Damn we have alot of PFs!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

Crap, I forgot about Bass.  Damn we have alot of PFs!

Exactly, so why get Monroe?

I'd do this deal in an instant if you can get a 2014 first round pick, or maybe a 2005 pick. Rondo is worth two picks, but in this case Monroe is one of those picks.

I really don't think Detroit does this deal. They are high on Monroe and want to really get a look at a Monroe/Drummond frontcourt, but if somehow they are even more high on Rondo, I'd pull the trigger. Just gotta get a future 1st pick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

No way Pistons move Monroe.  They envisIon him DRummond and Smith all playing together

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Honestly,

What about this:

Rondo for Stuckey? We dump some salary, we get an expiring contract, we ensure a losing season. A trade like this could demand two future 1st round picks and for Detroit it sets up a future line-up of: Rondo, KCP, Smith, Drummond, Monroe. That is a scary core.

The more short term contenders we build in the East, the better our chances are to really bottom out and get value out of our future Nets picks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Just thought they might give up Monroe for the same reason we gave up Perk.  Bigs get over-payed and they will have to get a better shooting guard than the rook if they really want to compete. So after signing Smith, new quality SG, Rondo, they may not want to shell out for Monroe when they have Drummond still on a rookie contract who is so similar.  But you are prob right that they want to hang onto him. I would.

Plus I would just really like to see a trade go through this offseason where we get a decent player back, as opposed to a bunch of nobody's, hasbeens and future picks. Which is what weve gotten so far.  So it's all wishing on my part.

If all we get for Rondo is a player the caliber of Stucky and more picks, it will be EXTREMELY disappointing!  I know we are probably tanking but damn!  At least give us something remotely fun/interesting to watch!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Pistons are not trading Monroe for Rondo

Ky and I talked about this in a thread he started yesterday (although he never got back about my ideas)

My trade was:

Rondo, Wallace and Lee

for

Stuckey, Knight, Villanueva and a protected '14 pick

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Ky and I talked about this in a thread he started yesterday (although he never got back about my ideas)

My trade was:

Rondo, Wallace and Lee

for

I don't mind that deal. You get rid of Wallace's horrible contract for expiring money.

If I were Danny in this situaiton, I would not ask for Brandon Knight. That kid got embarrased so many times last year, I just don't see a winner in him. Ask for two first round picks, one unprotected (2014). 

Hey, they could say yes!

And yeah, totally dissapointing to see crappy players next year in Villianoava and Stucky, but the point is that they are gone (along with Humpy) at the end of the year, we have cap space and MORE PICKS. 

If danny can get three first round 2014 picks: Ours, Brooklyn, and Detroit ... that is a HUGE win

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

If the #s work that might be a good one.  Knight is an intriguing player.  Charlie V. and Humphries together in Boston? Blech!  I can't think of any two players less deserving to wear Celtic Green!  I know they may never even put on the Uni but....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

If the #s work that might be a good one.  Knight is an intriguing player.  Charlie V. and Humphries together in Boston? Blech!  I can't think of any two players less deserving to wear Celtic Green!  I know they may never even put on the Uni but....

I agree. They get to warm the bench for our rookie and sophs!

Seriously, don't even issue them a Celtics number or Jersey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

My trade was:

Rondo, Wallace and Lee

for

I don't mind that deal. You get rid of Wallace's horrible contract for expiring money.

If I were Danny in this situaiton, I would not ask for Brandon Knight. That kid got embarrased so many times last year, I just don't see a winner in him. Ask for two first round picks, one unprotected (2014). 

Hey, they could say yes!

And yeah, totally dissapointing to see crappy players next year in Villianoava and Stucky, but the point is that they are gone (along with Humpy) at the end of the year, we have cap space and MORE PICKS. 

If danny can get three first round 2014 picks: Ours, Brooklyn, and Detroit ... that is a HUGE win

Well Knight is still a kid who fits out rebuild, but he lost some value last year for sure. Tough to have him and Avery on the same team as both could be undersized 2's.

Dumars is too smart to not at least make the pick top 3 protected, but a Pistons rotation of Rondo-Lee-KCP-Wallace-Smith-Drummond and maybe even Calderon is almost certainly going to make the playoffs and for years to come.

I'd rather have Knight simply for his trade value around the league over a '16 pick that you have to assume will be like 18-24.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

How about:

Rondo, Wallace, Lee and Crawford to the Pistons (29.5 million)

Stuckey, Villanueva, Jerebko and Caldwell-Pope (23-24 million) to the Celtics with a top 3 protected 2014 1st rd pick?

Many people said the Pistons were happy with Knight and his transition to SG. They just felt Caldwell-Pope was a future Rip Hamilton and the best player left on the board when they picked (hard to argue against that). So maybe they would just as quickly move on from him if they are truly comfortable with Knight who they have developed for 2 years. Knight can backup Rondo at PG.

C - Monroe and Drummond

PF - Smith and Monroe

SF - Wallace and Smith

SG - Lee, Knight and Crawford

PG - Rondo and Knight

That team would battle the Knicks all season for seed 5 or 6 in my opinion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If the Celtics can get Caldwell-Pope this year (taken 2 spots after Noel) and get a '14 pick in the teens (the Pelicans pick sent to Philly will likely be 6-12) well that is ALMOST as good as what the Sixers got for Holiday.

However, being able to dump the 31 million owed Wallace and Lee beyond 2014, when Villanueva and Stuckey are free agents more than makes up for it. Jebreko has a 4.5m player option he would likely pick up, which hurts this move a little bit. But still, that's 4.5 for him, 2.5 for KCP and around 2m for the pick in the teens (9 million) in '14-'15 instead of nearly 29 million owed Rondo, Wallace and Lee.

It is that summer that the C's will likely (hopefully?) target Kevin Love. Rather give him the max than Rondo. At that point KCP and Avery will be holding down SG, Green SF and Sully and Olynyk PF. They will have needed to get a PG (Marcus Smart w high lotto pick in '14), backup SF  and backup C (depending on Melo) thats easily done with 1-2 of the other 3 picks in '14 and '15. Then if they go after Love, Olynyk or Sully will have to be moved.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

How about:

Rondo, Wallace, Lee and Crawford to the Pistons (29.5 million)

Stuckey, Villanueva, Jerebko and Caldwell-Pope (23-24 million) to the Celtics with a top 3 protected 2014 1st rd pick?

Many people said the Pistons were happy with Knight and his transition to SG. They just felt Caldwell-Pope was a future Rip Hamilton and the best player left on the board when they picked (hard to argue against that). So maybe they would just as quickly move on from him if they are truly comfortable with Knight who they have developed for 2 years. Knight can backup Rondo at PG.

C - Monroe and Drummond

PF - Smith and Monroe

SF - Wallace and Smith

SG - Lee, Knight and Crawford

PG - Rondo and Knight

That team would battle the Knicks all season for seed 5 or 6 in my opinion.

I love the idea of getting Caldwell-Pope. 

Don't get your hopes up for Kevin Love though.  You can forget about any good free-agent wanting to sign here until 1 or 2 of our picks develop into star caliber players. Which could take years.