Trade with Utah

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Trade with Utah

Ignoring all the insta-trade-haters... for those interested I think this may be a tough trade, but I'd pull the trigger:

BOS: Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward

UTA: Jeff Green, Kelly Olynyk, Marhson Brooks, Nets 2014 1st round pick

I think thats fair deal. My other assumptions:

• Hayward is a stud. Can be a dead-eye outside shooter, a 15-20 ppg guy and a sneaky good defender. 
    • Favors is a stud. Can be an elite defender in a few years. Can also be a top 3 option on offense
    • Sully will continue to improve as his body is shaped into the form of an NBA player. Sully has the skill and confidence to stretch the floor on offense and can play both frontcourt positions.

I strongly believe that Rondo (28), Bradley (22), Hayward (23), Favors (22), Sullinger (21) could be a solid starting lineup. Rondo is the leader. The other four guys are 23 and younger. Good, solid core. The rest of the team are solid veteran role players: Bass, Lee, Wallace, Hump etc... 

If this trade is done around the time of the deadline, the Celtics pick may still well be in the high lottery. If we could get a Jabari Parker, then PHENOMINAL. If we in the 10-15 range, there is still enough talent to add to that core. Also consider the additional draft picks the next few years and you have a team that will continue to build and get better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Trade with Utah

So why if you're Utah?

They just have never really had a strong SF. Jeff in a way is an upgrade over Hayward and they may be in a better position to buid around him. He's affordable at 9M and can keep the floor stretched for Trey Burke. I've read a lot about Utah and they were very high on KO coming into this last draft. I think he pairs well with Kanter who may well develop into a top 10, maybe top 5 center. Kanter plays back to the basket, Kelly is the exact opposite.

I also think that Utah being in the Western conference has the better chance of getting a top 5 pick than Boston this year. If that's the case, they very well could end up with Wiggins, Parker or Randle and I just think Jeff would be a better complement to one of those guys than Hayward because Jeff can slide to the 4, especially with Kanter in the front court. 

Brooks is a sweetener, someone who will continue to develop on a rookie contract. All three of these guys salary are essentially unchanged next year so instead of dishing out money to match offers on Hayward and Favors, Utah could make a play in free agency.

And finally, if Utah drafts a franchisable SF this year and decide not to build with Jeff, Jeff's expiring deal will be extremely valuable. Teams will want Jeff and Utah could probably create a package for an upgrade to Burke (maybe for a Jeff Teague or Kemba Walker)

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2 words - Not happening!

There's no way Ainge is going to trade Olynyk any time soon.

[/QUOTE]

agree, green will not be dealt any time soon either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I for one enjoy the "what if" trade scenarios....so keep em coming guys.

While I think that deal is good for the Celtics (the Stvens/hayward connection AND getting  legit big man).....I don't see enough going back to Utah to make them even think about it.

I doubt there is much drooling in the league for Brooks.

Green cost more than hayward and is older.

and Favors at THIS point is better PROVEN NBA talent than KO.

Maybe if you replace Brooks with Bradley they would think about it.

in that case our new lineup after Christams would be

C- Favors

C- Fav

C/PF- Humphries (moved for draft picks)

PF- Sullinger

PF- Bass

SF- Hayward

SF- wallace

SF/SG- Bogens

SG- Lee

SG- Crawford

SG- Brooks

PG- Rondo

PG- Pressey

we'd be younger for sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Again, why do you guys have to say "there's no way" ?

Thats just so far from the truth. Sure Danny has said great things about KO, and sure KO has shown a lot of potential, but as KDP said above, Favors is certainly more proven. I think any hype aound KO could be used to our advantage. I'd rather cash in on the kid while interest is high.

And KDP, yes its a long-shot. But KO is going to be on the rookie scale for a while and he's already shown a lot of skill. I think the Jazz consider this. 

And the same on Green. Of course Jeff could be dealt. Jeff + KO next year would be cheaper for the Jazz than Favors and Hayward's contracts... I think including Bradley is giving up too much.

Boston is the bigger market and has the ability to pay Favors, Hayward and Bradley. I also think Favors and Hayward would really benefit from a coach like Brad Stevens. Danny Do this Trade!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Again, why do you guys have to say "there's no way" ?

Thats just so far from the truth. Sure Danny has said great things about KO, and sure KO has shown a lot of potential, but as KDP said above, Favors is certainly more proven. I think any hype aound KO could be used to our advantage. I'd rather cash in on the kid while interest is high.

And KDP, yes its a long-shot. But KO is going to be on the rookie scale for a while and he's already shown a lot of skill. I think the Jazz consider this. 

And the same on Green. Of course Jeff could be dealt. Jeff + KO next year would be cheaper for the Jazz than Favors and Hayward's contracts... I think including Bradley is giving up too much.

Boston is the bigger market and has the ability to pay Favors, Hayward and Bradley. I also think Favors and Hayward would really benefit from a coach like Brad Stevens. Danny Do this Trade!!

[/QUOTE]

just give KO a chance 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I like KO. I think he has the potential to be a better NBA player than Bargnani and Scola, but not quite Dirk.

I just like Favors A LOT more! Favors doesn't have the outside shot, but he's an excellent rebounder, an excellent scorer under the basket. He can block shots and create turnovers on defense. I also think that a Favors-Sullinger frontcourt could play very well with a pass first PG and two elite outside shooters. I think Hayward could be one and I think Bradley (who currently is an underrated shooter) can share the second role with a 2014 draft pick. 

Again, the beauty of all this is that the core is all 21-23, but not raw. Favors is not raw like a Center pick in the '14 draft will be. 

Also, this whole premise rides on Rondo's ability to be the guy. I think he can. I think he is the right guy to set up the other four. I think Favors develops into a second option and Hayward the third. Sully can also evolve into a 20-10 guy (after a few more seasons). Add Averys ability to disrput the other team's offense and create turnovers and you have a young, fun, exciting, skilled and able core.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Read this carefully.

Utah will not trade Favors to Boston.

And Hayward will not be traded for Jeff Green.

[/QUOTE]

Again Captain Abosultes!

Utah could trade Hayward and Favors to Boston for the right package in return. Danny would pull the trigger on the right trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Since the Celtics would "win" in this scenario by getting the better players (especially Favors, a legit big that can play/bang is scarce)...the sweetener would have to be the Celtics draft pick. Then I think Utah might play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to futbal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Since the Celtics would "win" in this scenario by getting the better players (especially Favors, a legit big that can play/bang is scarce)...the sweetener would have to be the Celtics draft pick. Then I think Utah might play.

[/QUOTE]

You're probably right.

I just think that is a lot for the Celtics to give up. Green, KO, Brooks and a lottery pick in a loaded draft. Thats four young assets for two, albeit the two are better than the any of the four.

I think the Celtics pick loses too much of its value if you protect it, since this draft is so highly anticipated. Therefore, I'd give them two options if they want that unprotected pick:

BOS: Hayward, Favors

UTA: Green, Brooks, Celtics 2014 unprotected Pick

Or

BOS: Hayward, Favors, Burke

UTA: Green, Olynyk, Brooks, Presey, Celtics 2014 unprotected pick.

My thinking is that Trey Burke could be a phenominal backup PG to Rondo, who can score. He and Sully grew up together and could destroy benches throughout the league.

Again, why for Utah?

Jabari Parker - Mr. Mormon. They want him. If they have two chances to get him, that would be fantastic. Also, imagine a scenerio next year where Utah gets a #1 pick with one of these two picks and drafts Wiggins and lets say Toronoto gets into the lottery and somehow lands the 5th overall pick? I could see a scenerio where Utah could do something thats almost never done and have Toronto select Parker, Utah selects Wiggins and they trade Wiggins for Parker plus another key player like Lowry, Ross or really anyone on that team not named DeRozen or Jonas. Utah gets an extra asset along with the future SF they prefer.

It would be a trade for the ages, but image possibly the best Canadian player going to Toronto and possibly the best Mormon player ever going to Utah. Can't beat that!

SELL IT DANNY!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Just to add on - if that magical scenerio happens, this time next year Utah could look like this:

Smart (or other top 3 PG in '14 draft), Pressey

Burks, Ross, Brooks

Parker, 

Green, Olynyk

Kanter, Gobert

with TONS of cap room for vets. Heck, they could go sign Pau Gasol and play him with Kanter and Green and still have Parker, Ross and KO come off the bench. They'd also have money to go sign a guy like Sefolosha for defensive leadership on the perimeter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

I never rip people for posting their trade scenarios because they are fun to ponder and theorize.  But Utah would never begin to consider moving their 2 breakout/building block stars unless they were getting similar value-which would be 2 breakout/building block stars.  This deal would have to involve Rondo and even then unlikely. If Utah wants a local star they could get Jimmer Fredette for next to nothing.  Or go find Adam Morrison.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to spewey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I never rip people for posting their trade scenarios because they are fun to ponder and theorize.  But Utah would never begin to consider moving their 2 breakout/building block stars unless they were getting similar value-which would be 2 breakout/building block stars.  This deal would have to involve Rondo and even then unlikely. If Utah wants a local star they could get Jimmer Fredette for next to nothing.  Or go find Adam Morrison.

[/QUOTE]

This is too one-sided for the C's. The Jazz already have one under acheiving SF in M. Williams(similar salary as Green's too). Plus Haywood started @ the 2 this preseason. Also, why would they give up their defensive anchor? The only one they might be interested in would be KO. Not much defense w/ the combo of KO & Kanter though...

Sections
Shortcuts