Trades Trades Trades = UNBELIEVABLE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Trades Trades Trades = UNBELIEVABLE

We have 5 trade scenarios on the board right now.  Do you guys not like winning?  Why mess with whats working?  Man I am glad this is all fantasy or we would be fighting for the last playoff spots.  Get a grip guys.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Trades Trades Trades = UNBELIEVABLE

Why repeat what I said?
    Why repeat what Bias posted?
    Chill out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Hard to disagree with you on the winning part. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yeah I guess I'd only have to point out the previous 2 seasons record at this time:

'09 - 36-9 on 1/26
    '10 - 29-13 on 1/25

Those didn't end with a title now did they...

'11 - 34-10 on 1/27

We can always upgrade the Nate/Quis roles and dump useless JON, useless (for now) but an asset in Avery and a low 1st rd pick to TRY AND WIN IT ALL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Trades Trades Trades = UNBELIEVABLE:
    [QUOTE]Why repeat what I said? Why repeat what Bias posted? Chill out
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

why not you just go away?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah I guess I'd only have to point out the previous 2 seasons record at this time: '09 - 36-9 on 1/26 '10 - 29-13 on 1/25 Those didn't end with a title now did they... '11 - 34-10 on 1/27 We can always upgrade the Nate/Quis roles and dump useless JON, useless (for now) but an asset in Avery and a low 1st rd pick to TRY AND WIN IT ALL
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Well, 2008 ended up in a championship so what's your point?   We should have changed midstream in 2008, as well?   Change for change sake to the team that has the 2nd best record in the league when multiple players have been out on injury is just silly.   Give this team a chance to win now!

2009 and 2010 didn't end up with a championship because of the injury to one and perhaps a 2nd player (KG, and perhaps Perk's injury).   None of the trades on the "trade someone" threads solve such a problem.  Danny's addressed that issue with Shaq + Semih.  JON is a wildcard but he may help, as well.   So, the constant trade talk to change players only makes us a team with probable lack of chemistry and players who don't know the defensive system.   Didn't you see how Nate struggled with trying to handle the Celtic's schemes mid-season last year?   

OneonOne is right - all of the trade talk is not helpful.  if its just for the fun of amusing yourself as "fantasy GM", great.....have at it.  But if you seriously want a championship - you root for this team as it is (unless you can pick up a player off waivers or who's been bought out so that we don't give up any of the currently important pieces).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trades Trades Trades = UNBELIEVABLE : Well, 2008 ended up in a championship so what's your point?   We should have changed midstream in 2008, as well?   Change for change sake to the team that has the 2nd best record in the league when multiple players have been out on injury is just silly.   Give this team a chance to win now! 2009 and 2010 didn't end up with a championship because of the injury to one and perhaps a 2nd player (KG, and perhaps Perk's injury).   None of the trades on the "trade someone" threads solve such a problem.  Danny's addressed that issue with Shaq + Semih.  JON is a wildcard but he may help, as well.   So, the constant trade talk to change players only makes us a team with probable lack of chemistry and players who don't know the defensive system.   Didn't you see how Nate struggled with trying to handle the Celtic's schemes mid-season last year?    OneonOne is right - all of the trade talk is not helpful.  if its just for the fun of amusing yourself as "fantasy GM", great.....have at it.  But if you seriously want a championship - you root for this team as it is (unless you can pick up a player off waivers or who's been bought out so that we don't give up any of the currently important pieces).
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

In '08 we needed a bu C and PG at this point in the year and added PJ Brown and Sam Cassell

upgrades acquired and then championship won

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

what are the celtics missing?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]what are the celtics missing?
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

A backup point guard.  Notice Nates minutes are getting fewer it seems.  The offense looks like crap when he is running it. I am all for getting someone to run the second team. I hope Delonte is that guy even though he isn't a PG.  It would be nice to get someone to get some experience with our team.  Only problem is who would want Nate at this point?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

OneOneOne, great post. You said it all. Why mess-up what is working. We are a great team and we have the best record in th East. Why mess-it-up?

Time Will Only Tell

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]OneOneOne, great post. You said it all. Why mess-up what is working. We are a great team and we have the best record in th East. Why mess-it-up?                                Time Will Only Tell
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

Chief,  I am not against improving our team.  I just don't want to get rid of players that are producing in their roles.  About the only player I see that is not producing is Nate. I think a good BU PG would fit right in.  We would just not have to mess up the producing players.  You start changing 2 or 3 playing players and you screw up the chemistry.  Most of these trades have us  getting rid of MD, Baby, and others.  That I don't want to do unless it reaps a star type player which isn't going to happen. The players we are trying to trade are players we don't want usually,  Avery,  Jon, etc.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah I guess I'd only have to point out the previous 2 seasons record at this time: '09 - 36-9 on 1/26 '10 - 29-13 on 1/25 Those didn't end with a title now did they... '11 - 34-10 on 1/27 We can always upgrade the Nate/Quis roles and dump useless JON, useless (for now) but an asset in Avery and a low 1st rd pick to TRY AND WIN IT ALL

Rame, the only difference I see in this years squad is a healthy KG and MORE bigs than we have had in years.  This I think gives us a lot better chance when the playoffs roll around.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trades Trades Trades = UNBELIEVABLE : In '08 we needed a bu C and PG at this point in the year and added PJ Brown and Sam Cassell upgrades acquired and then championship won

but we didn't trade 3 players away for 3 other players.  We especially didn't trade away our 6th or 7th player.  As I said in my post, if we can pick up a player who's bought out....great!  But, we should NOT trade away our talented 6th or 7th player who understands the system and is well ingrained in the offense and defense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trades Trades Trades = UNBELIEVABLE : Chief,  I am not against improving our team.  I just don't want to get rid of players that are producing in their roles.  About the only player I see that is not producing is Nate. I think a good BU PG would fit right in.  We would just not have to mess up the producing players.  You start changing 2 or 3 playing players and you screw up the chemistry.  Most of these trades have us  getting rid of MD, Baby, and others.  That I don't want to do unless it reaps a star type player which isn't going to happen. The players we are trying to trade are players we don't want usually,  Avery,  Jon, etc.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

OneOneOne, I not against improving our team either, but I just don't appreciate some crazy trade suggestions I read everyday on this board. But I really think our team is good when healthy. You can never have a perfect team in sports.

If you look at the old Lakers, Boston, and Chicago teams, they have weaknesses too. The Chicago Bulls team with Jordan don't have great bench either, but the starters make up for it. That's what I am talking.

So, am not against improvement, but since we are winning, and since we are the deepest team in the East, let's leave it that way.

Miami would love to have our bench, cause if they do, they will win the championship. So let's appreciate what we have.

Time Will Only Tell

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trades Trades Trades = UNBELIEVABLE : but we didn't trade 3 players away for 3 other players.  We especially didn't trade away our 6th or 7th player.  As I said in my post, if we can pick up a player who's bought out....great!  But, we should NOT trade away our talented 6th or 7th player who understands the system and is well ingrained in the offense and defense.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

No we had two gaping holes, much worse than two average bench players, I give you that... Scott Pollard and Tony Allen post major knee surgery had the mins that we gave to Cassell and Brown... when healthy the '11 Celtics are way deeper than '08

the competition in the league is way better and the big 3 are 3 years older...

if you get rid of Quis OR Nate for an upgrade... the other two players sent away in the trade (JON/Avery) are the Scal's, Pollard's and TA's of the championship season

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

If it aint broke.....don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I would like to see a current player, Wafer, get more time. He seems to get better game by game. He knows he can play in that league.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Everyone's gotta relax with the trade posts until we see this team fully healthy which we haven't seen yet.  Lets see when D West comes back and Perk is back in the starting 5.  Then we will lsee where our bench needs to be upgraded.  I do agree we can dump some dead weight in JON

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Why does everyone get their panties in a bunch because people suggest trades?? So what, we aren't the GM. If you know Ainge you will know he has ALWAYS made trades even when he said he wouldn't.

So yes the team is loaded and winning. We all know the C's are good but suggesting a trade means nothing. I don't see anyone suggesting trades of KG, PP, Shaq or RA so what's the big deal folks!!

What it tells me is we're bored and spoiled and looking for something to talk about because there really aren't major weaknesses.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trades Trades Trades = UNBELIEVABLE : A backup point guard.  Notice Nates minutes are getting fewer it seems.  The offense looks like crap when he is running it. I am all for getting someone to run the second team. I hope Delonte is that guy even though he isn't a PG.  It would be nice to get someone to get some experience with our team.  Only problem is who would want Nate at this point?

I thought you didn't want to "mess with whats working"  And leave Che alone!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trades Trades Trades = UNBELIEVABLE :  I thought you didn't want to "mess with whats working"  And leave Che alone!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

I don't really.  If you read most of my posts there is only one position I would like to upgrade but more than likely it won't happen. Maybe Delonte fills that role.  Che needs to leave me alone.  He is the one that started it.  I have never even responded to one of his posts until he attacked me. I don't back down, this is the internet, I am tough!!!!!  Besides I watched Pearl Harbor the other nite.  I am still peaved at Japan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trades Trades Trades = UNBELIEVABLE : I don't really.  If you read most of my posts there is only one position I would like to upgrade but more than likely it won't happen. Maybe Delonte fills that role.  Che needs to leave me alone.  He is the one that started it.  I have never even responded to one of his posts until he attacked me. I don't back down, this is the internet, I am tough!!!!!  Besides I watched Pearl Harbor the other nite.  I am still peaved at Japan.

You don't need to read, Flags of our fathers, or Unbroken, if you're still peeved, then you would really be peeved!! But that was a long time ago.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trades Trades Trades = UNBELIEVABLE :  You don't need to read, Flags of our fathers, or Unbroken, if you're still peeved, then you would really be peeved!! But that was a long time ago.

Do you not know a joke when you see one?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trades Trades Trades = UNBELIEVABLE : Do you not know a joke when you see one?

Sure, but i was just offering you some good reading material! I know you don't drink, maybe you read.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trades Trades Trades = UNBELIEVABLE :  Sure, but i was just offering you some good reading material! I know you don't drink, maybe you read.

If I keep reading these off the wall trades I may start drinking.  Wait!!! I can't read.    Pictures help, please put pictures there for me to understand. LOL