Trading Bradley or Sullinger is dam foolish!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Trading Bradley or Sullinger is dam foolish!

They are works in progress. They both could be B level all-stars in 2 years.I will take that all day over 1 unreliable superstar all the time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: Trading Bradley or Sullinger is dam foolish!

Sullinger reminds me of a little heavier Elton Brand.

Bradley is Joe Dumars on steroids!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

One superstar is one knee or bad back from having NO SUPERSTAR! Don't put all your eggs in one basket is considered wisdom.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I agree with DaCeltics on this one 100%

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I like AB and Sullinger a lot too, but trading two maybe 75 cent pieces for a dollar is the way to go.  Change for a dollar is always the better trade even if the change adds up to more.  And I think AB is very important to this Celtics team but it's a no-brainer.  Bigs with Cousins skill level and passion are few and far between.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Cousins has great great talent but so didn't a lot of other train wrecks waiting to happen David Thompson,Latrell Spreewell, Raymond Berry,Eddie Curry,Len Bias the list goes on and on. With history like that you don't pay full retail. If we can get him at our advantage grea,t but he will be a FA after next season and we will have the $$ to sign him then,if he doesn't implode first. No way in he ll I trade to solid young players with stellar attitudes that collectively will be of more a benefit to our team than one very gifted yet immature and mecurical talent that could turn out to be Latreel Sprewell. If Sac wants full retail andor we take on a big underahievers contract, I'll wait til the next and I fold.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to DaCeltics's comment:

They are works in progress. They both could be B level all-stars in 2 years.I will take that all day over 1 unreliable superstar all the time.

agree   !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I agree with Da for once....Cousins is a head case waiting to explode. NBA players come in and they get better, get worse, or whatever but one thing that doesnt change is Attitude! We should know after watching Rondo. Its just that this guy is worse and in 2 years you want Rondo and Cousins to lead this team!?!?!   LMAO!  Not a good move IMO unless Cousins garauntees you make it to Finals...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I agree with Da for once....Cousins is a head case waiting to explode. NBA players come in and they get better, get worse, or whatever but one thing that doesnt change is Attitude! We should know after watching Rondo. Its just that this guy is worse and in 2 years you want Rondo and Cousins to lead this team!?!?!   LMAO!  Not a good move IMO unless Cousins garauntees you make it to Finals...

We need a big man.  Find somebody else then. None of us know the state of Cousin's mind. We are not in a position to make this decision. Ainge and Doc are. If they want him I am for it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I like both of these players, but if it means landing Cousins I do it in a heart beat. Giving up either of these guys for someone like Gortat would be foolish though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

I like both of these players, but if it means landing Cousins I do it in a heart beat. Giving up either of these guys for someone like Gortat would be foolish though.

agreed....not a big Gortat fan...now Varejo....that would be a different story

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

According to SB Nation, serious trade negotiation is underway with Sacto and may be done tonight. The Celtic released Joseph and Varnado today which clears the luxury tax implications of an imminent trade!  The major holdup is Sacto wants Bradley as part of the deal and Danny is resisting - as he should.  Sully is more expendable and I would expect him to be part of a Cousins trade.  But I hope we keep Bradley under any circumstances.    

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Its gonna take talent to get talent. They say the team that gets the best player in the trade is the winner. Which is generally tru and in this trade dmc would certainly be it. I agree with fierce gettin a superstar is very hard and to get one at 22 and at a position as scarce as center is even more rare.  With those factors u have to make the trade.

Im as high on ab and sully as the next cs fan, I believe both are 10 year starters in this league. With that said, they are not going to be all stars, unlike dmc who pretty much ALREADY is.

The only thing I dont like about the trade is the message it sends. AB and sully play the game the right way and have great attitudes, where dmc is the complete opposite. But that just speaks to dmc immense talent, he can really do it all.score,rebound, block shots, pass. The reason i think we could make this work is cuz of kg and doc, with the right leadership dmc could be one of the best players in the league.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Since we're having a pow-wow in fantasy land;; how about Rondo & Sullinger for Irving & Verejao?

NOW THAT IS A TRADE!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

According to SB Nation, serious trade negotiation is underway with Sacto and may be done tonight. The Celtic released Joseph and Varnado today which clears the luxury tax implications of an imminent trade!  The major holdup is Sacto wants Bradley as part of the deal and Danny is resisting - as he should.  Sully is more expendable and I would expect him to be part of a Cousins trade.  But I hope we keep Bradley under any circumstances.    

+1

getting someone like DMC is rare, but so is having a guy that plays defense like Avery Bradley.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Maybe Danny could request a guarantee from the Kings???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Only one not both..I give up Sully before AB...Cousings is a 6ft 11 inch Rondo...Not sure if that is good or bad..but he clearly is talented..Guaranteed #18, of course not...but this gives him 2 years under KG for mentoring...Fans will have to be patient...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Yessssssssssssssssss

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

If ever there was a player to equally help a team as harm it. DMC is it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

Its gonna take talent to get talent. They say the team that gets the best player in the trade is the winner. Which is generally tru and in this trade dmc would certainly be it. I agree with fierce gettin a superstar is very hard and to get one at 22 and at a position as scarce as center is even more rare.  With those factors u have to make the trade.

Im as high on ab and sully as the next cs fan, I believe both are 10 year starters in this league. With that said, they are not going to be all stars, unlike dmc who pretty much ALREADY is.

The only thing I dont like about the trade is the message it sends. AB and sully play the game the right way and have great attitudes, where dmc is the complete opposite. But that just speaks to dmc immense talent, he can really do it all.score,rebound, block shots, pass. The reason i think we could make this work is cuz of kg and doc, with the right leadership dmc could be one of the best players in the league.

Well said, it's a tuff call because AB and Sully are everything you want in a Celtic.  Just a Tuff call, and after tonights game against the Knicks I'm hedging with AB and Sully.  One thing that we haven't metioned about these two in general is their mental toughness.  Sully gets under everyones skin, and he's not dirty, just tough and like "what, you guys can't handle a little bump and grind down here in the paint?  ..cause this is just another day."  And Bradley is unique and plays with a healthy snare.  

I'm backing off cause I want to roll with what we got.  This team is about to find itself, and the rook (Sullinger) is an old school baller.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

sullinger and AB are two bright spots on a team that up until the last few games hasn't had many. it's strange point in the season because the celts appear to have just figured out that they have to play hard and scrappy every night to win and it feels like AB's presence has had an overall effect on the defensive end of the floor. how can you not be inspired by this guys defesnive effort and energy? with that said, the celtics have zero percent chance to beat the heat as currently composed. so while you hate to break up a team that seems to be just starting to get its act together you also have to bring in a big man. 

demarcus "boogie" cousins is a huge talent, but also a colossal head case. might risk losing sullinger, but would hold out on giving up AB, who might never be a "superstar", but posesses the kind of intangibles that could make him a special player. obviously teams don't necessarily want what we'd be willing to give up (green; bass; terry; lee) so there's the rub, but...

there's no denying the immense talent and the 6 "11" 270 body, just a big gamble on a guy with big issues. true, his problems have mostly focused on fights, anger, surliness, arguing with coaches, stonewalling reporters, etc. it's not as if he's been in major trouble with the law. but in the past he has fought with teammates, reporters, demanded to be traded multiple times, and battled with every coach he's ever had. this goes all the way back to high school so this is nothing new. this year alone he was involved in a sexting incident in which he allegedly send a nude photo of himself to a woman; and has been suspended three times this season alone (hitting oj mayo; threatening announcer sean elliott; and unleashing a profanity laced tirade on his coach keith smart). not great stuff. 

in terms of ability, he has lot of raw talent, but loves to shoot and is not an effective perimeter shooter. He's shoots .438% from the floor, and that's simply not good enough for a low post player. he's also a foul machine and cannot stay on the court to play more than 30 minutes a night. he's third in the nba in total fouls and tied for 2nd in fouls per 48. he is 4th in turnovers for centers. his fitness level and weight has been questioned; as has his ability to stay engaged night in and night out. he is not a shot blocker either and is only averaging .59 blocks, good for 47th in the league for centers. 

on the plus side cousins is locked in for next year and is then a RFA in 2014 at very reasonable money. he's averaged 16 and 10 for his career. he does take charges and is active defensively (1.3 steals per game for his career; 2nd for centers behind only varejao at 1.45 this year) and can pass the ball a little (2.7 assists). shoots 70.0 from the ft line (up to 78% this year).  

while there's no denying the need for a big I think cousins is a mistake, especially if it costs AB and sullinger. I would think long and hard about moving either, but if the deal was, say, sulllinger; Lee or terry; bass or green; melo; and a pick you'd have to consider it. you'd then be left with garnett; pierce; cousins; AB; rondo; lee (or terry); Green (or bass); wilcox; barbosa; and anything else you'd get back from sac (evans/garcia/salmons or whomever). that might be enough to get to miami in the eastern finals and then who knows. at least there's shot. personally, I'd if it's possible to bring in someone with melo, next years pick (lottery protected), and 2 of the group consisting of lee; terry; bass; green) I'd take that option.

cousins is just too big a chance to take when giving up two of the best three young players on your team. you just have to ask the question, is this the guy you want to rest your whole franchise on going forward? there's a good reason the kings are willing to part with him. he's a headache and isn't worth the problems he causes. plus they know he's walking away. someone's going to give this kid a max contract or close to it so that's what you have to be willing to commit to him and even then there's no guarantee he's going to want to be in boston. also don't think he and rondo are a good combo together. two guys who seem angry half the time and have issues with refs and other players could feed into one another and become a two headed monster. 

tough call because though they have limitatons AB and Sullinger are the exact type of players you want to build with. then again without big time players/scorers etc you can't win and all the glue guys in the world do you no good. here's hoping the deal falls apart because they won't give up bradley and the celts fins another, cheaper option for this year. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Not taking AB too long to find his game.  Hope we keep him.  If he stays healthy, a lot of RA threads will vanish.

Bass, Lee, and picks for Gortat would make me happy.  Don't know what it would do for Phoenix tho.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Didn't Zach Randolph suffer from similar maturity issues before? Look at him now. Sacramento is not an ideal situation for Cousins due to the absence of veteran guidance on the team. There is really no one among the players who can mentor him. With the Celtics, he'll have KG, PP, Jason Terry (if he isn't traded) and Doc Rivers. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Here is something to chew on as far as Bradley is concerned.  He isn't even in shape yet either.

Over the past two seasons, that disruptive ball pressure has been the calling card of the Celtics' defense when Bradley has been healthy. In three games this season coming into the game against the Knicks, Boston has starved opposing offenses when Bradley is on the court, allowing just 86.5 points per 100 possessions. How good is that? Indiana has the best defensive rating in the NBA this season at 98.9 points per 100 possessions.

Sections
Shortcuts