Travel Violation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

Re: Travel Violation

they tipped it so you can catch it. just like if they tip it and it goes into the backcourt, you can grab it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

In Response to Re: Travel Violation:
    [QUOTE]they tipped it so you can catch it. just like if they tip it and it goes into the backcourt, you can grab it.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]
     yea, but then why if you shoot it and it gets blocked back into your face and you catch it do they call that a jump ball?  I just always thought you could never catch your shot or it was a violation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

why do the refs not call travel on lebron james when he clearly walks?? idk its up to the refs. i never saw that call be a jump ball. i only saw final quarter tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

yea, I looked it up - it is a travel unless the ball touches the rim, backboard, or another player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

[QUOTE]why do the refs not call travel on lebron james when he clearly walks?? idk its up to the refs. i never saw that call be a jump ball. i only saw final quarter tonight.

Becuase that check they get from lebron every month....how else does he get away with SO many horrible calls

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Travel Violation : Becuase that check they get from lebron every month....how else does he get away with SO many horrible calls
    Posted by allen2034[/QUOTE]  I'd really like to see them call the travel when a player catches a pass going to the bucket and takes a full 3 steps on the layup.  Is it really that hard to bounce the ball once when when nobody is around you and you are getting a wide open layup? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]they tipped it so you can catch it. just like if they tip it and it goes into the backcourt, you can grab it.
       This is correct. In regards to a jump ball on a blocked shot, this occurs when the offensive player remains in control of the ball when the defender blocks the ball. If the offensive player loses possession when blocked, it's a lose ball.
        If you take a shot and it is not tipped or blocked, the player who shoots the ball can only rebound the ball if it hits the rim or backboard.