TRAYVON MARTIN, any thoughts? what does it all mean?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

TRAYVON MARTIN, any thoughts? what does it all mean?

yeah yeah, i know this is a sacred celts-only board for many, but with bron and the heat honoring the young man with the hoodie tribute, made me focus on him a bit, esp with all the recent developments. do you think zimmerman is being railroaded with the rush to justice and judgment? do you think if trayvon was blond and blue eyed, no one views him as suspicious in the first place and he's still amongst us? what happens next?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Re: TRAYVON MARTIN, any thoughts? what does it all mean?

It means you and your poll should go to CNN, Fox, MSNBC etc. I'm sure we all have our views and this board is for those who want to get away from the trials and tribulations of life and just talk sports. Do you get that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to TRAYVON MARTIN, any thoughts? what does it all mean?:
    yeah yeah, i know this is a sacred celts-only board for many, but with bron and the heat honoring the young man with the hoodie tribute, made me focus on him a bit, esp with all the recent developments. do you think zimmerman is being railroaded with the rush to justice and judgment? do you think if trayvon was blond and blue eyed, no one views him as suspicious in the first place and he's still amongst us? what happens next?
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER

What it means is that certain segments of society do just about everything they can possibly conceive of to perpetuate the stereotypes applied to them... then when they do something to corroborate the stereotype they cry foul... the most ironic issue here is that as a result of these stereotypes and those that do whatever they can to live up them... we have neighborhood watches..... and the cycle begins anew............  we have people that cannot, will not, don't care to conform to societal norms so we have neighborhood watches..... so when 70% of the children live in single family homes we are not supposed to stereotype, when 50% drop out of school we are not supposed to stereotype, and then when 10% of the men are in jail we are not supposed to stereotype... and thus... we have neighborhood watches...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: TRAYVON MARTIN, any thoughts? what does it all mean?:
    In Response to TRAYVON MARTIN, any thoughts? what does it all mean? : What it means is that certain segments of society do just about everything they can possibly conceive of to perpetuate the stereotypes applied to them... then when they do something to corroborate the stereotype they cry foul... the most ironic issue here is that as a result of these stereotypes and those that do whatever they can to live up them... we have neighborhood watches..... and the cycle begins anew............  we have people that cannot, will not, don't care to conform to societal norms so we have neighborhood watches..... so when 70% of the children live in single family homes we are not supposed to stereotype, when 50% drop out of school we are not supposed to stereotype, and then when 10% of the men are in jail we are not supposed to stereotype... and thus... we have neighborhood watches...
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Blah, Blah Blan.... regardless of your little speech...neighborhood watch people should NOT be carrying GUNS!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: TRAYVON MARTIN, any thoughts? what does it all mean? : Blah, Blah Blan.... regardless of your little speech...neighborhood watch people should NOT be carrying GUNS!!
    Posted by CASox

Why is this thread on here? I mean we all have enough trouble getting along with just sports.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: TRAYVON MARTIN, any thoughts? what does it all mean? : Why is this thread on here? I mean we all have enough trouble getting along with just sports.
    Posted by concord27

Youre right... i shouldnt have even checked it out...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

I think it's sad that that boy had to lose his life.  That kid wasn't bothering anyone.  I wish someone would find out from Zimmerman what the kid was doing that had him looking suspicious.  Sad story regardless.  I think there is a cover up somewhere, and I'm glad The Heat decided to stand up for this injustice.  I miss the days when athletes would stand up for causes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

As an African American male Im going to avoid this topi that needs to be moved to the politics forum. Religion, politics and social issues dont mix with sports!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In Response to Re: TRAYVON MARTIN, any thoughts? what does it all mean? : How about filing a lawsuit against another poster on this board, where should it be put?
    Posted by Fiercest34

To rest

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

SOMETIMES MY capsLOCKS KEY sticks FOR NO APPARENT REASON.

it's WEIRD

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

The lead investigator did not believe George Zimmerman's story and recommended the night of the killing that he be charged with manslaughter.   The state attorney, Norman Wolfinger, said no, and Zimmerman was released.   Zimmerman's father, Robert Zimmerman, is a former judge and his mother worked at the courthouse.   The question is, Did Robert Zimmerman call Norman Wolfinger the night of the killing and is that the reason he showed up at the police station on a SUNDAY NIGHT?
    Posted by Kirk6

I did not know this. GREAT INFO!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: TRAYVON MARTIN, any thoughts? what does it all mean? : Blah, Blah Blan.... regardless of your little speech...neighborhood watch people should NOT be carrying GUNS!!
    Posted by CASox

What a shock... you missed the point... it is 2012.... there should be no requirement to have something called NEIGHBORHOOD WATCHES..... the streets should be safe, people should progress as opposed to regressing toward third world status.... 2012 in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and because of people that have completely ignored their responsibility to society we have things called neighborhood watches..... how about not dropping out of high school to start your family at 15 and then burdening yet unborn Americans with your p iss poor decisions just because many generations ago someone did injustice to your ancestors.....   how about instead of saying "sumwah jiss axe me tah hepp u widit but I say no way muhfuh"...... how about joining society and stop violating all of the most basic societal norms and blaming everyone else for the problems that you and your ancestors have brought on themselves....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to TRAYVON MARTIN, any thoughts? what does it all mean? : What it means is that certain segments of society do just about everything they can possibly conceive of to perpetuate the stereotypes applied to them... then when they do something to corroborate the stereotype they cry foul... the most ironic issue here is that as a result of these stereotypes and those that do whatever they can to live up them... we have neighborhood watches..... and the cycle begins anew............  we have people that cannot, will not, don't care to conform to societal norms so we have neighborhood watches..... so when 70% of the children live in single family homes we are not supposed to stereotype, when 50% drop out of school we are not supposed to stereotype, and then when 10% of the men are in jail we are not supposed to stereotype... and thus... we have neighborhood watches...
    Posted by TheDUDDER

"Certain segments"?   "They do whatever they can to live up to them"?  "will not conform to societal norms"?   You are amazing.   I wish there was a way for the non-existent moderator to get your thinly veiled racist views off this site and onto Rush Limbaugh's site, instead.

A guy carries a gun, follows a kid who's never been in trouble, is told my 911 to not follow the kid, and then claims the 180lb kid turns around and attacks the grown man who's 40 to 50 lbs heavier?  Then he shoots the kid and claims self defense?   Then you claim the kid gets what he deserves because he's a stereotype for wearing a hooded sweatshirt.

I can't begin to find the words to explain how stupid you make some people in America look - the ignorant ones like yourself.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: TRAYVON MARTIN, any thoughts? what does it all mean? : Youre right... i shouldnt have even checked it out...
    Posted by CASox

Its ok CaSox.  Mst posters would have a reasonable discussion - positive or negative.   Only two posters cannot help themselves in what they say (Pud and Dud.....or are they the same person??)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: TRAYVON MARTIN, any thoughts? what does it all mean? : "Certain segments"?   "They do whatever they can to live up to them"?  "will not conform to societal norms"?   You are amazing.   I wish there was a way for the non-existent moderator to get your thinly veiled racist views off this site and onto Rush Limbaugh's site, instead. A guy carries a gun, follows a kid who's never been in trouble, is told my 911 to not follow the kid, and then claims the 180lb kid turns around and attacks the grown man who's 40 to 50 lbs heavier?  Then he shoots the kid and claims self defense?   Then you claim the kid gets what he deserves because he's a stereotype for wearing a hooded sweatshirt. I can't begin to find the words to explain how stupid you make some people in America look - the ignorant ones like yourself.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

He doesn't have a stereotype because he is wearing a hooded sweatshirt, he has a stereotype because most of the people of his race live in a singlefamily setting, cause most of the violence and crime in this country and cause and consume a significantly disporportionate percentage of the welfare costs in this country.....  he did not get what he deserved at all... what I said that in 2012 in a civilized society where everyone, especially those of his race, are given more than they deserve by yet unborn taxpayers ignore the path to success and do everything they can to perpetuate the strereotypes applied to them....  it is as if someone were to walk into an Irish pub and say all of the Irish are a bunch of drunks.... and come to find out... drum roll please... they are....  I am not saying all the Irish are drunks, but what I am saying is that if every time you read some sort of news and it point to specific segme nts of society and over the years trillions and trillions of dollars are just handed to them to make sure they do not have to conform then are surprised by the results then you get what you pay for.......  Sarah Silverman, a well known Jewish comedienne, said well I am 38 now and I have been thinking about having kids but I guess I realize that um the best time to have kids is like when you are 15 and black.......

I witnessed the following conversation yesterday at Target when I asked whether the store had bubble bath for adults as opposed to kids bubble bath....

"Stee, Stee, this custahmuh axe for bubboo baff but not fuh kizz jiss fuh adowse, duh yah no if we has dah bubboo baff fuh kizz, alzyawls joh is to know wheh aw da prodix is n s hit, no whuh I sain?".... She was stating to her colleague, Steve that a customer was looking for bubble bath for adults and that apparently Steve's job required him to know where all the products are so that asking him would help the customer find what she was looking for.....  that is the future of America and therefore, the end of America.. completely illiterate, single mother of two, no chance for a future and none for the kids either..... why?  well because year after year the government decides that it is better to give trillions of future taxpayer dollars to people that fail to comply with the most basic societal requirements..... but oh well.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Keep posting, Dud.   You just expose yourself every time you post.   You embarrass yourself and don't even know it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Keep posting, Dud.   You just expose yourself every time you post.   You embarrass yourself and don't even know it.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

+1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Posted by Celtsfan4life

Exactly, I feel the same way most of the people in this country do, so I should be embarrassed...

some people have to pay their mortgages, some don't

some people have to pay for their food, some don't

some people have to pay to go to school, some don't

and the beat goes on and the country begins to look like Chad but that is ok because hundreds of years from now when the country has been bankrupted those, then Americans, who whatever the country is named by then can thank the complete lack of personal responsibility by a growing number for being the cause of the decline of the greatest country the world has ever known.... but who cares....

some people have to pay for their oil, some don't

some people have to pay for their clothes, some don't...

our current president wants you and your ilk to believe that when a person is born, goes to school, does well, is responsible for himself, goes to college, and say becomes a cardiologist... he not only has to give up half of what he makes but it is his fault that those that made poor decisions in life and ignored the path to success are in ruin and that he is somehow morally obligated to make sure that those that live in neighborhoods where nobody has ever had a job, no intention of ever getting a job, cannot read or write, drop out of high school to start their family so day can be like daze momma, etc. can do so....

Tough love is coming for America or America is doomed....

When you live in a country where the decision is to give everyone in school a free lunch so those that get the free lunch because of their single parent are not embarrassed by peer pressure, you are doomed....

The government spends 10 billion a day, takes in 6 billion, throws away 1 a billion just to placate some, another billion a day on debt service and those like you likely think it should be much worse just to make sure we all get along....

The Greek, et all bailouts were less than 1 tenth of 1 percent of what it would take to bail out the US and the rest of the world would be laughing if it came to that........

Me embarrassed?  Not at all.......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

n Response to Re: TRAYVON MARTIN, any thoughts? what does it all mean?:
    In Response to Re: TRAYVON MARTIN, any thoughts? what does it all mean? : How about filing a lawsuit against another poster on this board, where should it be put?
    Posted by Fiercest34

your narcissism knows no bounds.everything is NOT about you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Posted by Celtsfan4life

+2

Sections
Shortcuts