Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill

In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill:
    In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill : Come on, amoeba man, you know if there's no evidence it didn't happen. Like this season, there a lot of rumors concerning the Celts Big 3. That can only mean one thing, the Celts want to improve. In 2008, before Bynum got hurt, the Lakers were not looking to deal.

Simple, becasue the gift wasn't offered to them before Bynum was injured. So simple and you don't get it?

If you say otherwise then show proof. I already showed you that bleacher report that said the Lakers were lucky that Bynum got hurt. Otherwise Pau Gasol would not have gone to the Lakers.
    Posted by Fiercest34

C'mon pea brain. If you need proof, then tell us why proof is needed to show that a team is trying to upgrade. You can't do that, it means there is no proof necessary for something given.

YOu can keep asking, and I'll keep asking you, knowing that you can't answer.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill : Why there is no need to upgrade? Apparently the Lakers fron office thought so. I mean they didn't put nobody on the trading block. And the Lakers had no player, other than Kobe, that other teams wanted. If a team wants to improve everybody would know about it. In this day and age, modern technology, you can't keep it a secret. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Not at all. If the gift was offered to them only after Bynum was injured? then you can't prove that they wouldn't have accepted the gift had bynum not injured.

Yeah, and you know how the Lakers front office "though"? did you work their toilets and eavedrop their conversations?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill : Memphis didn't offer the gift, it was the Lakers who asked for the gift.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Lie. Memphis decided to clean house and rebuild. You can ask for a gift and see if other people oblige..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill : What ifs don't count. We're dealing with facts here no "what ifs" allowed! 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Wake up and smell the coffee. We are dealing with

What if Bynum not get injured, would they have got Gasol

A hypothesis. Go backto school if you don't know what it means.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill : The Laker never asked Memphis for Pau Gasol before Bynum's injury. It was only after Bynum got hurt that the Lakers called Memphis.
    Posted by Fiercest34

How do you know they never asked? just you say so or do you work there?

"I know they never asked because it wasn't reported in the news", your answer?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill : There were no trade rumors about Memphis and the Lakers before Bynum got hurt.  If you don't believe me then do some digging of your own and look for it yourself. But I'm 100% sure you're not going to find anything about Memphis and the Lakers talking trade before Bynum got hurt.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Son, trade rumors are not for you to know. You are just a janitor at Staples, i.e. not in the league...

Of course I don't believe you, because you aren't good enough to know about the executive level chit-chat...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill : Like I said, in this day and age trade rumors can't be kept a secret because of the internet and the media.

What you said is not a fact. Show proof that in this day and age trade rumors can't be kept a secret. Show links.

We're not living in the 1980s anymore. In this day and age all the trades are leaked even before they are official.  But like I said, feel free to disprove my claim by showing us actual proof that Memphis and the Lakers already discussed swapping Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol even before Bynum got hurt.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Wow, you made some nonsense and beg me to disprove it. First prove that you have first hand knowledge (due to this day and age and everything leaks) of every trade that happened.

That would be interesting...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill : That's the major characteristics of Celtics fans: when the going get tough, just cry mama (rebuild) and give up, albeit only after 15 games. That's the "if we can't win the championship I would rather go lottery" mindset... Fact is, you will become a lottery fixture like Elgin Baylor over the long haul, not to mention the lotteries ended up as Randy Foye, Jeff Green, Kendrick Brown, Ron Mercer, Jerome Moiso, Eric Montross, ...
    Posted by MajicMVP

Good post - and thanks once again for proving my point - remember, it's NOT all about numbers........which makes Red better than Phil/.

Thanks again, and have a great day!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill : There were no trade rumors about Memphis and the Lakers before Bynum got hurt.  If you don't believe me then do some digging of your own and look for it yourself. But I'm 100% sure you're not going to find anything about Memphis and the Lakers talking trade before Bynum got hurt.
    Posted by Fiercest34

OH OH Fierce, get ready for a two year battle on this one - let me save  you some time  - he will say the lakers were in 5th place, they wanted to get  better, they had Gasol on their radar, MEM KNEW Marc Gasol would be this good, Bynum was supposed to come back and play WITH Gasol, CHI did NOT have a better deal on the table, before Bynum got hurt, they were already targeting Pau, and Pau was brought in by the lakers in 2008 to play PF.........even though they had NO center

Good luck to you - I will argue with him no more, as he finally agreed that numbers are not all that matter when talking about the GREATEST - which makes Red better than Phil.
    I shall always "treasure" my little chats with Magik, and ALL the other usernames he's been on here since GlasCow Rangers - but I am done - your turn!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill : Good post - and thanks once again for proving my point - remember, it's NOT all about numbers........which makes Red better than Phil/. Thanks again, and have a great day!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Ummm... it's not all about numbers. See your logic still fails you: big-time era trumps the bush league era. That's why Phil better than Red...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill : OH OH Fierce, get ready for a two year battle on this one - let me save  you some time  - he will say the lakers were in 5th place, they wanted to get  better, they had Gasol on their radar, MEM KNEW Marc Gasol would be this good, Bynum was supposed to come back and play WITH Gasol, CHI did NOT have a better deal on the table, before Bynum got hurt, they were already targeting Pau, and Pau was brought in by the lakers in 2008 to play PF.........even though they had NO center Good luck to you - I will argue with him no more, as he finally agreed that numbers are not all that matter when talking about the GREATEST - which makes Red better than Phil. I shall always "treasure" my little chats with Magik, and ALL the other usernames he's been on here since GlasCow Rangers - but I am done - your turn!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Right, you should argue anymore. This nonsense of "no bynum injury no Gasol" is really silly. Don't you realize they plan to use Gasol and Bynum together? Bynum was supposed to come back in April at the latest.

Of course, you have your ace "I know their inside thinking and you don't". Boy, you were merely cleaning toilets in Staples, how were you able to know the executive talks? Did they make all the deals in bathroom stalls using mobile phones?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3226203

"Gasol, averaging 18.9 points, 8.8 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.44 blocked shots in 39 games this season, can fill in at center until Bynum returns in mid-March, then move to power forward."

Of course, knowing you, you wouldn't be able to concede this gracefully. Let's see the over/under of you getting back on this thread. I would say 3 days...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Posts from MajicMVP are hidden

Thanks for making my point about the greatest being more about numbers.  It took two years, but glad you finally see it my way.  Red truly is better than Phil.

Have a great day!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

Posts from MajicMVP are hidden Thanks for making my point about the greatest being more about numbers.  It took two years, but glad you finally see it my way.  Red truly is better than Phil. Have a great day!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

You can keep thanking me. I'll keep using your point "it's not about numbers" to substantiate the Lakers vs Celtics comparison.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

The best part of all of this is the original poster is nowhere to be found. I'm guessing Karma has punched him in the grill.

Wow, they are in such dissaray. Last night against the beer makers, Kobe treated his team mates mostly as human pylons the last couple of minutes. Well ok we've all seen that before, but this time around, he doesn't seem to have a choice. Metta World Peace continues hold his position as the Director of the Bored. Quite fascinating to watch.

Sections
Shortcuts