Trivia time? When was the last time the Celtics swept sombody 4 to 0?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Trivia time? When was the last time the Celtics swept sombody 4 to 0?

The last sweep we had was 3 to 0 over the Pacers in 92. But when was the last time we swept somebody 4 to 0?  I know the answer. Now don't cheat!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

Re: Trivia time? When was the last time the Celtics swept sombody 4 to 0?

Should have been last year against Orlando.

I'm going to guess it was the year when we lost to the Nets in the Conference Finals with Pierce and Walker.  I think 02.  Based on how you asked the question though it's probably been much longer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

Okay, just looked it up.  I was wrong.  Interesting that is only the 5th time Boston has ever swept an opponent 4 games to none.  And they've been playing 7 game series since the late 50s.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I remember the 92 series against Philly well. That was the series when Chuck Persons was taking trash about Bird. Bird made him eat his words in that series and than some. I'll never forget in the final game when Bird blocked his interior shot, grabbed the ball, looked straight into his face and said, "take that a--h--e."  It was easy to read Larry's lips. I'm still laughing about that one.
       Everytime I see Chuck Persons on the bench as an assistant coach, I think of his past trash talking of Larry Bird and how Bird made him eat his words.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

1986?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Trivia time? When was the last time the Celtics swept sombody 4 to 0?:
    [QUOTE]I remember the 92 series against Philly well. That was the series when Chuck Persons was taking trash about Bird. Bird made him eat his words in that series and than some. I'll never forget in the final game when Bird blocked his interior shot, grabbed the ball, looked straight into his face and said, "take that a--h--e."  It was easy to read Larry's lips. I'm still laughing about that one.    Everytime I see Chuck Persons on the bench as an assistant coach, I think of his past trash talking of Larry Bird and how Bird made him eat his words.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

The Bird-Person series you are prob thinking of was in '91... that series went 5 I believe and Bird dove and was concussed in the first half... then came out (middle of the 3rd quarter?) to insane cheers after ignoring the doctor's... made a bunch of shots and the crowd and team feed of it and buried the Pacers.

Bird later said he didn't remember any of it, or something wild like that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: Trivia time? When was the last time the Celtics swept sombody 4 to 0?:
    [QUOTE]The last time the Celtics swept an opponent in the playoffs was back in 1992, Larry Bird's last season as a player. The Celts swept the Pacers in the 1st round 3-0.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

That was 3 to 0 as I said. We also swept the Bulls in 87 3 to 0. It was a 4 to 0 sweep I meant.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]1986?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

That is correct. 1986 Eastern Finals aginst the Bucks. Game 4 was the game Bird hit the last 12 points or so that were 3 pointers. The last one he shot and then turned and trotted off to the locker room. Yes it went in. Ironically the Bucks are the last team to sweep the Celtics 4 to 0, If I'm not mistaken. That is why Bird said he really wanted to rub it in. I never figued that out because in 84 we beat the Bucks 4 to 1 in the Eastern Finals the year after they swept us.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

1980 vs. the LAA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]1980 vs. the LAA
    Posted by vertmont[/QUOTE]

In 1980 we swept the Rockets with Rick Barry 4 to 0, when they were still in the east. The next year they were in the west, and we met them in the Finals.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trivia time? When was the last time the Celtics swept sombody 4 to 0? : The Bird-Person series you are prob thinking of was in '91... that series went 5 I believe and Bird dove and was concussed in the first half... then came out (middle of the 3rd quarter?) to insane cheers after ignoring the doctor's... made a bunch of shots and the crowd and team feed of it and buried the Pacers. Bird later said he didn't remember any of it, or something wild like that.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
        Thanks for the correction. I was close.

Sections
Shortcuts