Trolls?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Trolls?

gimme something and i'll troll around with it

the laker and heat turkies are in shock right now

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

WE'VE ALWAYS HAD A TROLL NAMED KYCELTIC. ALREADY FORGOT ABOUT HIM?

"trying to compare Pierce to Larry Bird, is about as stupid as comparing Luol Deng to Michael Jordan!!"

Re: Robert Parish is he crazy?

posted at 8/10/2010 11:46 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 1/20/2011

trying to compare Pierce to Larry Bird, is about as stupid as comparing Luol Deng to Michael Jordan!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Shhhhhhh - maybe they won't notice they're not here!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Trolls?:
    [QUOTE]Where have they all gone?  I haven't seen any lately.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Don't tell me you miss those people? Perhaps they found maturity over Christmas/New Year and have moved on in their lives?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Trolls?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Trolls? : Don't tell me you miss those people? Perhaps they found maturity over Christmas/New Year and have moved on in their lives?
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Sometimes they add a little spice around here.  Its gets old with me, KY, and P34.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Trolls?:
    [QUOTE]Where have they all gone?  I haven't seen any lately.

Just go to the Patriots site on boston.com.  You will find many trolls posting and I would imagine that it will continue for some time. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scalp. Show Scalp's posts

KARMA is a BEEEIATCH

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

I don't ever recall a Spurs troll.

Do Spurs fans have more class, or is there no interest?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I don't ever recall a Spurs troll. Do Spurs fans have more class, or is there no interest?
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]

All us Texas people have class.  (Except for Cowboys fans)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I think with last year's victory over the Celtics the Laker fans' motivation to post here was lost for many. Just an observation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Well I hope they enjoyed it.  It may be long while before they can do it again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I think with last year's victory over the Celtics the Laker fans' motivation to post here was lost for many. Just an observation.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Well one good thing came out of it then.  Noticed your still around.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trolls? : Well one good thing came out of it then.  Noticed your still around.
    Likewise.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trolls? : Likewise.

I can't even imagine trolling on a Faker board.  What do you get out of it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trolls? : I can't even imagine trolling on a Faker board.  What do you get out of it?
    Not sure who is doing the trolling here. I'm a Laker fan discussing the game. You sure you aren't the troll? 

I'll mix it up if you'd like, but that's not not my priority here. Is it yours?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trolls? : Not sure who is doing the trolling here. I'm a Laker fan discussing the game. You sure you aren't the troll?  I'll mix it up if you'd like, but that's not not my priority here. Is it yours?

Naw, enjoy your stay.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I think with last year's victory over the Celtics the Laker fans' motivation to post here was lost for many. Just an observation.

I don't believe that. If the Lakers lost last year, then the motivation decreases to troll this year.

The thrill of rubbing it in never goes away in a true rivalry.

Amazing how "empty" a board can feel when trolling decreases.

Folks say that they hate trolls... it makes their blood boil.... but they really don't. They love to hate.

Love and hate are "horns on the same goat..." as we say.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trolls? : I don't believe that. If the Lakers lost last year, then the motivation decreases to troll this year. The thrill of rubbing it in never goes away in a true rivalry. Amazing how "empty" a board can feel when trolling decreases. Folks say that they hate trolls... it makes their blood boil.... but they really don't. They love to hate. Love and hate are "horns on the same goat..." as we say. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    You don't think the trolling levels of the past couple years were fueled at least in part by fans seeking revenge for 08?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trolls? : You don't think the trolling levels of the past couple years were fueled at least in part by fans seeking revenge for 08?

Oh, did we rub it in your faces on your website when we won in 2008?

Also, didn't realize FANS needed revenge.  Thought it was about the players!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trolls? : Oh, did we rub it in your faces on your website when we won in 2008? Also, didn't realize FANS needed revenge.  Thought it was about the players!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Huh? I'm don't know what you're talking about. I was just stating that I think the loss in 08 only contributed to the levels of "troll" activity on this board the past couple years. I said nothing about what Celtics fans did or didn't do after 08.

If you are a Lakers or Celtics fan and your team loses to the other, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you would like to avenge that loss.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trolls? : Huh? I'm don't know what you're talking about. I was just stating that I think the loss in 08 only contributed to the levels of "troll" activity on this board the past couple years. I said nothing about what Celtics fans did or didn't do after 08. If you are a Lakers or Celtics fan and your team loses to the other, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you would like to avenge that loss.

This is what you wrote:

You don't think the trolling levels of the past couple years were fueled at least in part by fans seeking revenge for 08?

MY interpretation of  that is the following:
    Why would you waste your time on an enemy website after your team lost unless someone shoved that loss in your face?  It's pointless - Win, THEN gloat. I have no problem with that actually.  Are you saying that now that you've won there is nothing to gloat about??

Stop the world, I would like to jump off, please!!

Think about it - when WE win, YOU talk trash??  Sorry, not buying it!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

I'm still around, just don't have nearly as much time.  I haven't really caught much of this season.  All I know is that Boston and San Antonio look scary.  Miami and LA look possible, and the good old Nets, hehehe.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trolls? : This is what you wrote: You don't think the trolling levels of the past couple years were fueled at least in part by fans seeking revenge for 08? MY interpretation of  that is the following: Why would you waste your time on an enemy website after your team lost unless someone shoved that loss in your face?  It's pointless - Win, THEN gloat. I have no problem with that actually.  Are you saying that now that you've won there is nothing to gloat about?? Stop the world, I would like to jump off, please!! Think about it - when WE win, YOU talk trash??  Sorry, not buying it!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    I don't think most of it was gloating. Look at this board, for example. After the Lakers won this year, there really wasn't much in the way of gloating around here. Hardly any. I'm just throwing an idea out there - that many Laker fans, feeling confidence in the growth and player moves the team made combined with a deep seeded desire for revenge, took it out on this board via trash talk the past two years. That said, I expect many will be back, especially when playoff time rolls around.

Perhaps you think I am wrong. I am sure you will let me know.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trolls? : You don't think the trolling levels of the past couple years were fueled at least in part by fans seeking revenge for 08?

Maybe.

Many of us go way back WAY before 08. Revenge for 2008?

How about revenge for the Bird era or the Russell era dominations... the back and forth that makes the rivalry so intense going back decades.

The trolling is off this year because the mods are doing a better job...and the Lakers are struggling too.

Frankly the trollspankers here are getting a wee bit lonely and want someone to taunt/abuse.

This thread is little more than an invitation for trolls to return to BDC and engage. If the Lakers were doing super well (or the C's super poorly), this thread would not happen.

Pud 

Sections
Shortcuts