Trolls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Trolls

Laker avenger,
    Russell had issues with Boston, but he was dedicated to beating the Lakers every time he faced them.  Over and over and every time he defeated them. They never won once.  So as far as the Lakers went he could get behind hating them and loving his own Celtic teammates.  He beat the Lakers year after year and never lost once. You get the idea now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcceltics. Show jcceltics's posts

You have to understand the trolls have no football team, they can't pay their baseball team, they have a bankrupt state, and the clippers are now the best hoop team in the LA. So unfortunately the Celtics burner is their only option to voice their opinion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Re: Trolls:
    You have to understand the trolls have no football team, they can't pay their baseball team, they have a bankrupt state, and the clippers are now the best hoop team in the LA. So unfortunately the Celtics burner is their only option to voice their opinion.
    Posted by jcceltics

You were doing fine until you mention the 32-50 LA Clippers.  Better than the 57-25 Lakers who beat the Clips 3 out of 4?  Math isn't your strong suit, is it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

In Response to Re: Trolls : You were doing fine until you mention the 32-50 LA Clippers.  Better than the 57-25 Lakers who beat the Clips 3 out of 4?  Math isn't your strong suit, is it?
    Posted by icnd

jc has a point, the Clips lost more games but at least the Clips are not quitters like the Lakers. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcceltics. Show jcceltics's posts

In Response to Re: Trolls : You were doing fine until you mention the 32-50 LA Clippers.  Better than the 57-25 Lakers who beat the Clips 3 out of 4?  Math isn't your strong suit, is it?
    Posted by icnd

That was last year, next year the clips will Have a healthy Gordon and Kaman, Griffin will be in his 2nd year, plus depth at every position and Mo williams for a full year. As for the lakers they now have Tyler Perry coaching, who is going to lose complete control of the team. It only a matter of time before the celebrity fans start wear red and blue. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

The Clippers will find some way to wreck whatever potential they have that is building in that team. They could have a couple of good seasons. But they'll implode somehow.

History shows they're incapable of making correct decisions. Or being able to hold a team together for a long period of time. They'd be better served by leaving LA and going back to San Diego or to Anaheim.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

The Clippers will find some way to wreck whatever potential they have that is building in that team. They could have a couple of good seasons. But they'll implode somehow. History shows they're incapable of making correct decisions. Or being able to hold a team together for a long period of time. They'd be better served by leaving LA and going back to San Diego or to Anaheim.
    Posted by RUWorthy
    Sterling is an issue there no doubt about it but maybe much of the havock was Elgin Baylor? Elgin certainly made the decisions, Sterling set the budget.

Moving to Anaheim won't change Sterling though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Re: Trolls :     That was last year, next year the clips will Have a healthy Gordon and Kaman, Griffin will be in his 2nd year, plus depth at every position and Mo williams for a full year. As for the lakers they now have Tyler Perry coaching, who is going to lose complete control of the team. It only a matter of time before the celebrity fans start wear red and blue. 
    Posted by jcceltics

So if the Lakers have a better record next year, then will you get on this board and admit to your stupidity?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Re: Trolls : jc has a point, the Clips lost more games but at least the Clips are not quitters like the Lakers. 
    Posted by 21st

Well then, it's better to be perennial losers and not make it to the playoffs than to win 2 of the last 3 championships and be in 3 straight finals.  Forgive me for being sensible.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Re: Trolls :     That was last year, next year the clips will Have a healthy Gordon and Kaman, Griffin will be in his 2nd year, plus depth at every position and Mo williams for a full year. As for the lakers they now have Tyler Perry coaching, who is going to lose complete control of the team. It only a matter of time before the celebrity fans start wear red and blue. 
    Posted by jcceltics

As you're pissing on Mike Brown's coaching pedigree, did it dawn on you that the Celtics hired Doc Rivers on the heels of an anemic 171-168 coaching record? 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcceltics. Show jcceltics's posts

In Response to Re: Trolls : As you're pissing on Mike Brown's coaching pedigree, did it dawn on you that the Celtics hired Doc Rivers on the heels of an anemic 171-168 coaching record? 
    Posted by icnd

So you are happy Mike Brown is your coach? Please tell me why. He is the last coaching candidate i'd want coaching my team. I'm actually surprised he was still a candidate, last I heard of him he was a fill in anchor on NBA TV late night, while Doc was the best announcer on TNT during his off time.  His career should have been over when he cost the Cavs the series by laughing like a clown, when Mo Williams had a weak dunk over Pierce.

Record wise the lakers should finish better than the clips, unless this Brown addition is worse than expected.  But when the clips become more exciting and the new in thing in town, the celebs will want to be scene in on TV wearing the blue and red. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Re: Trolls : So you are happy Mike Brown is your coach? Please tell me why. He is the last coaching candidate i'd want coaching my team. I'm actually surprised he was still a candidate, last I heard of him he was a fill in anchor on NBA TV late night, while Doc was the best announcer on TNT during his off time.  His career should have been over when he cost the Cavs the series by laughing like a clown, when Mo Williams had a weak dunk over Pierce. Record wise the lakers should finish better than the clips, unless this Brown addition is worse than expected.  But when the clips become more exciting and the new in thing in town, the celebs will want to be scene in on TV wearing the blue and red. 
    Posted by jcceltics

Did I say I was ecstatic with this hiring?  I don't know what's going to happen and neither do you.  All I know is his past record (which is way better than Doc's when he was hired by the Celtics).  Pat Riley, you know the head coach with 5 NBA titles (4 with the Lakers) and 3 Coach of The Year awards, had no head coaching experience when the Lakers hired him in 1981 - basically out of the broadcast booth (A joke of a hire, right?).  If you were alive then (I doubt it since you write like a juvenile), then I'd bet you laughed with delight.

I wasn't on this board when Doc was hired in 2004 but I'd wager there were plenty of Celtics fans moaning about it. 

Your posts contain so much predictions, you must be a clairvoyant (how about the Big Game Lottery numbers if you're so good).  More likely, you're just a blabbering fool who thinks he knows the future.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Re: Trolls : I can't believe you're that dumb!  Mike Brown had the #1 team in the NBA in 2009 and 2010 but couldn't get to the Finals. In 2007 Mike Brown and the Cavs got swept by the Spurs in the Finals. Ugh! Doc Rivers and the Celts were just the 4th seed last season but managed to get into the Finals. It's not how many regular season wins you have, it's what you do in the postseason. The more you post here the more obvious it is that you have a 1 track mind. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

And when the C's were the 2 seed in 2009 and lost to the 3rd seeded Magic, was that great coaching? 

As usual, you cherry picked stats to suit your lame arguments.

BTW, The Cavs were playing with house money in 2007, no one expecting them to make it to the Finals.

I could spend all day refuting your assinine posts but I've got better things to do, like picking my nose.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Re: Trolls : You know what separates you from the clairvoyant? You have green bugers in your nose. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Unoriginal, lame, and weak.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Trolls : And when the C's were the 2 seed in 2009 and lost to the 3rd seeded Magic, was that great coaching?  As usual, you cherry picked stats to suit your lame arguments. BTW, The Cavs were playing with house money in 2007, no one expecting them to make it to the Finals. I could spend all day refuting your assinine posts but I've got better things to do, like picking my nose.
    Posted by icnd

No, that was an injury.  Lose Dirk or Kobe or Howard for the entire playoffs and see how far you get.  It was partly Doc's coaching that got us to Game 7 in Round 2.  Many other teams would have lost to the Bulls!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcceltics. Show jcceltics's posts

In Response to Re: Trolls : Did I say I was ecstatic with this hiring?  I don't know what's going to happen and neither do you.  All I know is his past record (which is way better than Doc's when he was hired by the Celtics).  Pat Riley, you know the head coach with 5 NBA titles (4 with the Lakers) and 3 Coach of The Year awards, had no head coaching experience when the Lakers hired him in 1981 - basically out of the broadcast booth (A joke of a hire, right?).  If you were alive then (I doubt it since you write like a juvenile), then I'd bet you laughed with delight. I wasn't on this board when Doc was hired in 2004 but I'd wager there were plenty of Celtics fans moaning about it.  Your posts contain so much predictions, you must be a clairvoyant (how about the Big Game Lottery numbers if you're so good).  More likely, you're just a blabbering fool who thinks he knows the future.
    Posted by icnd

You shouldn't be ecstatic, you should be like kobe and be pissed.  Riley may not have had experience, but Brown has and he was an instant failure.  I had no issues with the Rivers hire, I was pleased to have a former coach of the year winner, whom players wanted come here to play for him. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

In Response to Re: Trolls : You shouldn't be ecstatic, you should be like kobe and be pissed.  Riley may not have had experience, but Brown has and he was an instant failure.  I had no issues with the Rivers hire, I was pleased to have a former coach of the year winner, whom players wanted come here to play for him. 
    Posted by jcceltics

Mike Brown, NBA Coach of the Year-2009. What say you, jc?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Re: Trolls : You shouldn't be ecstatic, you should be like kobe and be pissed.  Riley may not have had experience, but Brown has and he was an instant failure.  I had no issues with the Rivers hire, I was pleased to have a former coach of the year winner, whom players wanted come here to play for him. 
    Posted by jcceltics

If having a coaching record of 272-138 (.663) is an instant failure, then what do you call Doc Rivers' 507-406 (.555), an utter catastrophe?  Mike Brown even has a better playoff record!!

If you bother to read up on the NBA, the Cavs fired Brown with the hope of retaining LeBron James, the guy this board loves to demonize.  I don't know why I waste my time doing research for a lame, know-nothing poster like yourself.  It's like conversing with a 12-year old.  By the way, Brown is also a Coach of the Year winner.  You knew that, right?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I really get a kick out of the Celtic fans on this forum that call Laker fans and anyone else who might disagree with them "Trolls"."

The reason you are trolls is because this is not your forum. It is a Celtics forum. I never visit Laker forums and talk smack. If I did, I would be a troll as well. 

The definition of what a troll is on the Internet is widely established, contrary to your myopic idea it's not something that was invented here by Celts fans. You might want to study up on it sometime instead of wasting your time here. 

Because it's a Celtics forum, Celtics fans are cut more slack though we do have our own trolls, posters who are negative or who are clearly here just to get a reaction as you are. 

There is such a thing as intelligent basketball conversation between rival teams in another fans forum. We have several Yankee fans in the Sox forum who are not trolls. There are disagreements but there is always mutual respect. Whereas all the Laker trolls in this forum are here to mock the Celtics and diminish their accomplishments, which is ultimately ironic as by putting down your rivals you are minimizing your own team's greatness as well. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that. After all, you're a troll, here to make fun of the Celtics and their fans. 

If I ran this forum, you wouldn't be here, but I don't, and so you are. I have you on ignore so you'll have to figure the rest out on your own.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In Response to Re: Trolls : You are just another Complete Troll!  Russell never had any problems playing in Bosotn.  Unfortunately some complete Aholes entered his residence and destroyed the inside of his house.  He had reason to dislike those Pigs. They were Complete Pigs very similar to the Laker/Faker trolls on this site.
    Posted by larry1717

Taken from Wiki   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Russell

Racist abuse, controversy and reconciliation

Russell's life was marked by an uphill battle against racism and controversial actions and statements in response to perceived racism. As a child, the young Russell witnessed how his parents were victims of racial abuse, and eventually moved into housing projects to escape the daily torrent of bigotry.[3] When he later became a standout amateur basketball player at USF, Russell recalled how he and his few fellow African American colleagues were jeered by white students.[11] Even after he became a star on the Boston Celtics, Russell was the victim of racial abuse. When the NBA All-Stars toured the U.S. in the 1958 offseason, white hotel owners in segregated North Carolina denied rooms to Russell and his black teammates, causing him to later write in his memoir Go Up for Glory, "It stood out, a wall which understanding cannot penetrate. You are a Negro. You are less. It covered every area. A living, smarting, hurting, smelling, greasy substance which covered you. A morass to fight from."[27] Before the 1961–62 season, Russell refused to play in an exhibition game in Lexington, Kentucky when he and his black teammates were refused service at a local restaurant.[53]

As a consequence, Russell was extremely sensitive to all racial prejudice: according to Taylor, he often perceived insults even if others did not.[17] He was active in the Black Power movement and supported Muhammad Ali's decision to refuse to be drafted.[78] He was often called "Felton X," a mockery of the Nation of Islam's tradition of replacing a European slave name with an "X," and even purchased land in Liberia.[55] Russell's public statements became increasingly militant, so far that he was quoted in a 1963 Sports Illustrated interview with the words: "I dislike most white people because they are people... I like most blacks because I am black", expressing that "human" was a negative trait and "black" was a positive trait which were mutually exclusive.[clarification needed][55] However, when his white Celtics teammate Frank Ramsey asked whether he hated him, Russell claimed to be misquoted, but few believed it.[55] Also, Taylor remarks that Russell overlooked that his career was only made possible by the white people who were proven anti-racists, namely his white high school coach George Powles (the person who encouraged him to play basketball), his white college coach Phil Woolpert (who integrated USF basketball), white Celtics coach Red Auerbach (who is universally regarded as an anti-racist pioneer and made him the first black NBA coach), and white Celtics owner Walter A. Brown, who gave him a high $24,000 rookie contract, just $1,000 shy of the top earning veteran Bob Cousy.[56]

Nevertheless, as a result of repeated racial bigotry, Russell refused to respond to fan acclaim or friendship from his neighbors, thinking it was insincere and hypocritical. He decided that the world had given him nothing, so in return, he could give the world nothing. This attitude contributed to his legendary bad rapport with fans and journalists.[27] He alienated the Boston Celtics fans by saying, "You owe the public the same it owes you, nothing! I refuse to smile and be nice to the kiddies."[55] This supported the opinion that Russell (who was the highest paid Celtic) was egotistical, paranoid and hypocritical, and even the FBI described Russell in his file as "an arrogant Negro who won't sign autographs for white children".[55] The already hostile atmosphere between Russell and Boston hit its nadir when vandals broke into his house, covered the walls with racist graffiti, damaged his trophies and defecated into the beds.[55] In response, Russell described Boston as a "flea market of racism".[79] After his retirement, he described the Boston press as corrupt and racist; in response, Boston sports journalist Larry Claflin claimed that Russell himself was the real racist.[80] Despite his refusal to sign autographs, he accepted a $250,000 contract to sign 5,000 pieces of memorabilia.[81]

Russell, who invariably saw himself as a victim of the media, was present neither when his Number 6 jersey was retired in 1972, nor when he was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1975, shunning the limelight both times.[53] Despite the bitterness that Russell felt toward Boston, in recent years he has visited the city on a regular basis, something he never did in the years immediately after his retirement.[82] Russell still has sore feelings towards the city, but there has been something of a reconciliation in recent years.[82] When Russell originally retired, he demanded that his jersey be retired in an empty Boston Garden.[83] In 1995, the Celtics left Boston Garden and entered the FleetCenter, now the TD Garden, and as the main festive act, the Boston organization wanted to re-retire Russell's jersey in front of a sellout audience.[56] Perennially wary of the "racist" city of Boston, Russell decided to make amends and gave his approval. On May 6, 1999 the Celtics re-retired Russell's jersey in a ceremony attended by Russell's on-court rival Chamberlain, along with Celtics legend Larry Bird and Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. The crowd gave Russell a prolonged standing ovation, which brought tears to his eyes.[83] Russell was visibly shaken at this outpour of adoration. He thanked Chamberlain for taking him to the limit and "making [him] a better player" and the crowd for "allowing [him] to be a part of their lives."[56]

On December 2, 2008, Boston Mayor Thomas Menino and The Mayor's Office of New Bostonians awarded Russell the 2008 We Are Boston Leadership Awards. Russell, who according to the mayor flew a "red-eye flight" to be there, attended the annual event with his daughter. He was visibly grateful and shared anecdotes of racial bigotry when he first came to Boston as a player and bought a home in Reading, Massachusetts. Russell congratulated the mayor on wanting to be a "mayor for all of Boston" and commented that it was a city that truly changed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts