Troy Murphy and Clipps 1st rounder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adco1212. Show adco1212's posts

Troy Murphy and Clipps 1st rounder

http://www.celticslife.com/2011/02/celtics-get-clippers-2012-1st-rounder.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Troy Murphy and Clipps 1st rounder

Wait a minute!  Lock Ainge up is this deal gets done. HE'S A THIEF!!  LMAO!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

How much better can this get!!!   What a day to be a Celtic!!  HAHAHA!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It's done.  It'll be more like a mid round pick because it's LA's via OKC, but it's lottery pick protected.

Still good return.

Nate Robinson must be ticked off for taking less to return and now being dealt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Can anyone confirm this? What did he give the Clippers?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It was OKC's pick via the Clippers. In  other words, OKC had LA's 1st rd pick.

OKC just gave it to Ainge, but it is lottery pick protected.

Yes, confirmed.

So, Ainge avoids overpayin for Perk and gets rebuilding chips by doubling picks in Rounds 1 and 2 in 2012.

Unless, he already dealt his own picks for next year's draft? I don't remember.

Final question: Since Ainge wanted Parker and Cleveland wanted a 1st in the deal with the Quis buyout, does Ainge now flip the Celts 1st rounder since he just got the Clippers'?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

So we Lost Perkins, Nate, and Semih
    for Jeff Green, who we traded for R Allen and West
    Signing Troy Murphy and Parker maybe
    A new Center
    and a lottery pick,,with a good shot at #18,,sounds good to me!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"Nate Robinson must be ticked off for taking less to return and now being dealt."

I think you're confused on this one.  Who exactly offered him more than the C's??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Murphy and Clipps 1st rounder:
    It was OKC's pick via the Clippers. In  other words, OKC had LA's 1st rd pick. OKC just gave it to Ainge, but it is lottery pick protected. Yes, confirmed. So, Ainge avoids overpayin for Perk and gets rebuilding chips by doubling picks in Rounds 1 and 2 in 2012. Unless, he already dealt his own picks for next year's draft? I don't remember. Final question: Since Ainge wanted Parker and Cleveland wanted a 1st in the deal with the Quis buyout, does Ainge now flip the Celts 1st rounder since he just got the Clippers'?
    Posted by BBReigns

Could be true, though they already have Jeff Green, and Troy Murphy might be ok, but we do need a #1 center, and all we have now are backups.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Dont panic - Ainge has control, #18 is on the way

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

He could have started elsewhere. I should have said less time on the court and probably at least a matched deal elsewhere.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Murphy and Clipps 1st rounder : Could be true, though they already have Jeff Green, and Troy Murphy might be ok, but we do need a #1 center, and all we have now are backups.
    Posted by quasi

There are no #1 centers available. There is only a handfull of true centers in the league. Perkins was defintely a good defender but he will always have hands of stone. Just look at the last game when he was fed that great pass and he muffed it big time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Murphy and Clipps 1st rounder : Could be true, though they already have Jeff Green, and Troy Murphy might be ok, but we do need a #1 center, and all we have now are backups.
    Posted by quasi

Chicago has two 1st rd picks. So does Ainge now.

I am not saying Parker is worth a 1st, but maybe Parker and a veteran starting Center is?

Maybe Varajao?

Chicago was on the trail for Parker, so Ainge now has ammo to match.

You have to think he's not quite done.  If Parker was to come here, he can play some D from the SG position and he knows Delonte West, so that's a good 2nd unit at Guard.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ac3boogi3. Show Ac3boogi3's posts

varajao is done for the season

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

How much better can this get!!!   What a day to be a Celtic!!  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by kyceltic

If it is true that Erden and Harangody were traded to Cleveland that would mean that Ainge is making room on the roster. If it is true than we might expect for Boston to pickup Hamilton from Detroit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Murphy and Clipps 1st rounder : If it is true that Erden and Harangody were traded to Cleveland that would mean that Ainge is making room on the roster. If it is true than we might expect for Boston to pickup Hamilton from Detroit.
    Posted by guyfromtex

It's true, let the speculation begin I guess.

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/25418/the-big-list-of-nba-trades

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Do we have Murphy or not??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I am not so sure about this.  The Celtics cannot get Murphy unless he already knows he will be bought out.  But we cannot get him in a trade along with the Clips 1st round draft pick because the salaries don't match and the trade deadline has passed.  We don't have an $11 million salaried player to trade TO the Clippers.

So, we can only get Murphy is he's bought out and we definitely could not get him packaged with a 1st round draft pick.

I doubt that he's officially been bought out.  I think there is speculation that "if he's bought out" he may want to come to Boston.  If that is the case, then I'm all for that.  Bring him on but that is definitely not a "done deal" right now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'll never get the fascination some of you have with Murphy.  Let's see - on a terrible team he can't get minutes, shoots 34% from the field, can't get rebounds anymore, and is slow on D.   That's the guy we want, huh?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I am not so sure about this.  The Celtics cannot get Murphy unless he already knows he will be bought out.  But we cannot get him in a trade along with the Clips 1st round draft pick because the salaries don't match and the trade deadline has passed.  We don't have an $11 million salaried player to trade TO the Clippers. So, we can only get Murphy is he's bought out and we definitely could not get him packaged with a 1st round draft pick. I doubt that he's officially been bought out.  I think there is speculation that "if he's bought out" he may want to come to Boston.  If that is the case, then I'm all for that.  Bring him on but that is definitely not a "done deal" right now.
    Posted by Petey62

Thanks for the info!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The #1 pick they got was from OKC as part of the Perk/Green deal, and I think the pick was from the Clips to OKC and is lottery protected. 

The deal for Erden and Harangody is confirmed.

The deal for Marquis is confirmed. 

There are roster spots available and there are some bigs, incluing Murphy, that could be bought out.  I was OK with bringing Murphy here assuming Perk was still here.  Krystic and Murphy don't do much for me, and with Shaq and JO being question marks, I feel less optimistic than I did yesterday about this team.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

I agree on Murphy. Why are people excited about getting him again?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Dont think DA is done....cant be, we picked up 2 players and sent 5 packing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Bradley and Wafer still hanging on!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

I really hate to burst anyone's bubble but Ainge hasn't exactly drafted well in round 1....Where is JR Giddens anyway?

Sections
Shortcuts