Troy Murphy coming to Boston. Possibly Leon Powe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCelticsBig3. Show TheCelticsBig3's posts

Troy Murphy coming to Boston. Possibly Leon Powe

http://www.redsarmy.com/home/2011/02/bucher-murphy-headed-to-celtics.html

I love it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Re: Troy Murphy coming to Boston. Possibly Leon Powe

When, I will greet him with open arm at Logan...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCelticsBig3. Show TheCelticsBig3's posts

Now there is a report saying he may stay with Golden State, but I don't see that happening. Think there is a mistake in their title though.

http://www.redsarmy.com/home/2011/02/report-murphy-might-be-be-waived-after-all.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

85057947, Sports Illustrated/Getty Images /Sports Illustrated

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oleme. Show oleme's posts

What's Murphy's role going to be with the C's?  Another 3 point shooter?  He's never done much inside.  They need inside guy.  Afraid Leon's knees are shot. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Murphy coming to Boston. Possibly Leon Powe:
    [QUOTE]We were 33-10 with Shaq and Erden. I just don't understand why we traded Erden.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Especially to give him away. Erden could have helped this year and would be really good after surgery I'll bet. Oh well ....done is done. Too Bad! I liked Erden!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]We were 33-10 with Shaq and Erden. I just don't understand why we traded Erden.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I am sure that Danny has someone in mind, just not sure when it is going to happen.  He is probably going to sign at least two other players to replace Marquis, Semih and Luke. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from townie68. Show townie68's posts

I would like to see what Tiny Gallon can do. He is 6-10 310 and averaging about 14 points and 7 rebounds a game with the Red Claws. You can't teach size.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"I just don't understand why we traded Erden."

I'm with you.  I can understand the thought process on Perkins but can't really understand giving away the only young C on our roster.  I thought he showed enough potential to be at worst a serviceable backup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Troy can absolutely rebound the basketball, its all about where he plays and his placement  on the court.  Obviously if shooting 3's, he wont be effective, but if he is there he will board, and we can always use him to stretch the court, but I dont think he has moved his family out to the 3 point Arc as Sheed had done the last 5 OR 6 years in the league, he is gonna play where u tell him to.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I hope this is true. Troy can put up big scoring and rebounding numbers. Every team can use that. It's been a long time since an Irish man played for the C's. He can second as the team mascot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

seems like we're mostly in agreement re: erden. i read where ainge was pissed that he flew home to turkey over the all-star break, but that's a dumb reason to trade someone. seemed like he could run the floor OK, better than perk and shaq anyway.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The reason why Erden was traded is to make room for Murphy. 

Why Murphy? Bill Simmons has the answer.

"only they couldn't play him at crunch time because, between Rajon Rondo's fear of getting fouled and Perkins' lack of offense, that meant the Celtics were playing three-on-five offensively down the stretch. You can't win that way. That's why Glen Davis grabbed Perkins' crunch-time minutes against good teams."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I didnt like or understand why they traded Semih, but when u think of the fact they hardly used him, and for this year atleast u can say we swapped him for Kristic, which is not bad when u think that way.

The biggest thing is making sure you fill the other 3 spots , because if you dont, you essentially traded Semih for no reason. 

If they fill out the roster with Murphy, Powe, maybe the Chris Johnson kid, then I guess it makes sense.  Im hoping we land Murphy.  He is not an all-star per say, but always seems to play really well against us, and is a pest on the boards.

I will just pray for the health of the O'neals.  One thing of note about JON.  We dont really need him back to form, now that we have more scoring.  I think he struggled with the pressure of scoring early on and fitting in, but when he comes back, I would tell him just rebound and block shots, and we are fine.  Shaq, JON, KG(plays center in a pinch) and Murphy rebounding and shooting will do  alot for this team.  We were still competing last night with 8 guys and a sour locker room.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Looks like Murphy is staying in GS there not going to buying him out!! What's next Danny boy, Powe? I hope everyone knows this isn't the same Powe we had before, he is damaged goods with two bad knees. NEXT!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Now that my grief at losing perk has subsided (was on the ledge for a while) I'm starting to get hopeful again. We have Kristic a decent 7 footer who spread the floor and started for the the thunder. We might get Murphy, who when healthy has some decent game.  

If Shaq and JO get healthy and we get Murphy in a buyout then we have 4 quality big men plus baby. Of course Those are big ifs. JO is the best defesive player of that bunch by far when healthy, but who knows how much of his corpse will be able to play. Still hope springs eternal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Well, now that murphy is looking like it's not gonna hapen, I'm gonig to go stand back on the ledge for a while. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

you want company...lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Actually I will be glad when this season is over and
    the C's can get rid of the two dead horses on the team.
    They had chemistry going got to learn the new players
    in the down side of the season hope things work out
    for the best.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

B/c Krstic is the same kind of player only a veteran, so Shaq/Krstic is actually a better duo.

Yeah Semih was active and got some boards while Krstic doesn't get as many per minute... but he'll linger at 17 feet draining J's while Baby goes to work on the box. Not a bad backup C at all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I still believe Erden will not get minutes in the playoffs if he didn't get traded.

However, if Troy Murphy doesn't end up with the Celtics next week then Ainge is a fool for trading Erden for just a 2nd round pick.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Here we go overvaluing role players again. LOL! If you want to win now you have to give up something. Erden is a good prospect but don't focus on the 2nd round pick, focus on the roster spot it created.

Ainge probably didn't want to give up Erden but if it meant keeping him and losing that spot, obviosuly he wanted that spot.

If we heard later that we kept erden and Murphy or another player signed elsewhere what would some be saying then?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

[QUOTE]Here we go overvaluing role players again. LOL! If you want to win now you have to give up something. Erden is a good prospect but don't focus on the 2nd round pick, focus on the roster spot it created. Ainge probably didn't want to give up Erden but if it meant keeping him and losing that spot, obviosuly he wanted that spot. If we heard later that we kept erden and Murphy or another player signed elsewhere what would some be saying then?
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Bias.. You have three spots if you kept Semi you could still bring in Murphy and Powe. You guy's just don't get it,  Semi isn't about this year he is about the future. Do you really thing the Celtics under Doc Rivers are going to play 14 players during the playoffs? No way! That's why you keep Semi.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Troy Murphy coming to Boston. Possibly Leon Powe : Bias.. You have three spots if you kept Semi you could still bring in Murphy and Powe. You guy's just don't get it,  Semi isn't about this year he is about the future. Do you really thing the Celtics under Doc Rivers are going to play 14 players during the playoffs? No way! That's why you keep Semi.
    Posted by paulbrr7[/QUOTE]

If Semih is on the team Murphy would have 2nd thoughts on joining the Celtics. Murphy wants to play. That's not going to happen if the Celts have 2 O'Neals, 1 Krstic, 1 Baby, and 1 Turkey.

Sections
Shortcuts