Troy Murphy coming to Boston. Possibly Leon Powe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Re: Troy Murphy coming to Boston. Possibly Leon Powe

IF Shaq n JO are healthy ??? thats a big IF that everyone is resting their dreams on

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Murphy coming to Boston. Possibly Leon Powe:
    [QUOTE]Here we go overvaluing role players again. LOL! If you want to win now you have to give up something. Erden is a good prospect but don't focus on the 2nd round pick, focus on the roster spot it created. Ainge probably didn't want to give up Erden but if it meant keeping him and losing that spot, obviosuly he wanted that spot. If we heard later that we kept erden and Murphy or another player signed elsewhere what would some be saying then?
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Talk about overvaluing players?   Why do you guys keep loving Murphy?   Amazingly, you think he's some kind os savior.  He can't play ANY D!!!!  The guy is slow and can't block a shot and is not strong down low on the block.  He's fallen way off on his shooting, as well.   I fear he's truly just a body to give us 2 points and 2 rebounds and a bunch of fouls.  I'd rather have a young, energetic, athletic D-League player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]IF Shaq n JO are healthy ??? thats a big IF that everyone is resting their dreams on
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

No Shaq and JO you still have 1 Krstic and 1 Baby. Not to mention 1 Murphy if the Cs do get him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Troy Murphy coming to Boston. Possibly Leon Powe : Talk about overvaluing players?   Why do you guys keep loving Murphy?   Amazingly, you think he's some kind os savior.  He can't play ANY D!!!!  The guy is slow and can't block a shot and is not strong down low on the block.  He's fallen way off on his shooting, as well.   I fear he's truly just a body to give us 2 points and 2 rebounds and a bunch of fouls.  I'd rather have a young, energetic, athletic D-League player.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Not true. Murphy just didn't fit in with the Nets. The guy is 6-11, a very good outside shooter and rebounder. I agree he's no savior but he's what the Celts need right now. Someone who can stretch the floor and open up the driving lanes for Pierce and Rondo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Troy Murphy coming to Boston. Possibly Leon Powe : If Semih is on the team Murphy would have 2nd thoughts on joining the Celtics. Murphy wants to play. That's not going to happen if the Celts have 2 O'Neals, 1 Krstic, 1 Baby, and 1 Turkey.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Semi is the 13th or 14th player on the team how does that effect Murphy? Now maybe Krstic would effect him but not Semi. Why can't you folks get this. P34 you made my point by saying if Semi didn't get traded he wasn't going to be in the playoff rotation. Like I said, 14 players are not going to play so who are the 3 players that will be sitting? ONE SHOULD BE SEMI!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Troy Murphy coming to Boston. Possibly Leon Powe : Semi is the 13th or 14th player on the team how does that effect Murphy? Now maybe Krstic would effect him but not Semi. Why can't you folks get this. P34 you made my point by saying if Semi didn't get traded he wasn't going to be in the playoff rotation. Like I said, 14 players are not going to play so who are the 3 players that will be sitting? ONE SHOULD BE SEMI!!!!!
    Posted by paulbrr7[/QUOTE]

Good point. The thing I can think of is the Celts are trying to save money. Since the Celts are over the cap they would have to pay double for Semih. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

for the rest of the regular season this breakdown would make sense

C: Shaq - 12 mins, Krstic - 20 mins, Baby - 16 min
    PF: KG - 24 mins, Murphy - 8 mins, Baby - 8 mins, Green - 8 mins
    SF: Pierce - 24 mins, Green - 20 mins
    SG: Ray - 32 mins, Pierce - 8 mins, Wafer - 8 mins
    PG: Rondo - 34 mins, West - 14 mins

Green is your 6th man, Baby 7th... him and Baby split time as 5th man w/ the 4 all-stars in the crunch time lineup depending on match-ups.

KG gets 6-8 mins of rest from what he'd been giving, Ray and Paul 4-5 minutes

DWest plays the last 3-4 mins of close games over Rondo

Krstic plays 20 mins and gives the 7-4 he did in OKC, paired mostly v/ Baby he hits J's when forgotten about and is told to just act 7' and be better than semih on D.

Murphy plays relatively low mins as a stretch the floor 4 (like KG) on offense w/ Shaq or Baby down low and is just told to crash the boards, where he is better than Baby, on D.

Wafer plays a tad and West proves to be a MAJOR addition

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I think most people agree that Semi is not going to play much role in the playoff or any immediate future, but the main question is why give him up for NOTHING.  OK, one roster spot for some potential throwaway that may or may not ever materialize, I guess that is ok, but why 3 roster spots?  Why the hell do we even want any more 2nd round picks anymore?  After all,  the big 3 are not going to be here forever, I believe.  2-3 years from now, these players might be good asset as role players or potential trade pieces.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Danny say...

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, and know when to run, you never count your money, when your sittin at the table, there will be time enough for countin when the dealins done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoolHandLk. Show CoolHandLk's posts

This was on Rotoworld

Comcast SportsNet's Matt Steinmetz reported Friday that Troy Murphy will still be bought out.

Things can change, but Steinmetz is plugged in at Golden State and owners should probably revert back to the stance they were taking 24 hours ago when he was looking at Boston, Miami, and Orlando to name a few.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nba/basketball

Steinmetz is a Warriors beat writer, sounds legit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

If we land him it will give Doc a plethora of options.  Is he from Boston?   

Anyways, let's not forget the KG factor.  EVERYONE Plays at a higher intensity level when he's in the game...   Loafer guys will pick it up in fear of being called out.  Murphy's talent isn't questioned and he can grab boards.  KG might kill him if he doesn't give maximum effort.  

Gotta love the Big Ticket...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Here we go overvaluing role players again. LOL! If you want to win now you have to give up something. Erden is a good prospect but don't focus on the 2nd round pick, focus on the roster spot it created. Ainge probably didn't want to give up Erden but if it meant keeping him and losing that spot, obviosuly he wanted that spot. If we heard later that we kept erden and Murphy or another player signed elsewhere what would some be saying then?
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I told you can't count on players being bought out.  You never know. Looks like no Murphy.  Erden didn't have to be traded.  We don't have to have 3 open spots. Very doubtful Danny will pick up 3 good players for them. No one is overvalueing a role player.  You just don't get it do you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Troy Murphy coming to Boston. Possibly Leon Powe : Semi is the 13th or 14th player on the team how does that effect Murphy? Now maybe Krstic would effect him but not Semi. Why can't you folks get this. P34 you made my point by saying if Semi didn't get traded he wasn't going to be in the playoff rotation. Like I said, 14 players are not going to play so who are the 3 players that will be sitting? ONE SHOULD BE SEMI!!!!!
    Posted by paulbrr7[/QUOTE]

Seems like no one understands this.  Everyone just wants explain why Danny did it and it has to be right, and we will pick up 3 players for those spots.  Very doubtful.

Sections
Shortcuts