Troy Murphy Will Get a 2nd Chance

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Troy Murphy Will Get a 2nd Chance

I hope it is not serious injury but that was the beauty of what danny did adding length to the bench.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Thats why Erden is done.I liked him but Danny knew something we didnt. Cleveland wanted Luke for the 2nd. Erden peeved Danny and all we did was add veteran depth
    Perk Robinson Erden Danials Luke    

added  Green Krystic Sasha Arroyo and Murph.  Smart move and a 1st round pick

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

Troy Murphy will redeem himself. The guy is capable of scoring 15-20 points off the bench and not to mention that 2 years ago he was one of the Top 5 rebounders in the league averaging over 11 rebounds a game.

Have a little faith in Murph. He has experience under his belt and he will surprise everyone.

Krstic get well my man. We need you come playoff time!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

They way I look at it, if Shaq and JO are eventually back and stay healthy (so far so good with JO, but it's a BIG if), those two were going to get most of the minutes at the 5 anyway.  Krystic showed some early promise, but he clearly is depth and 6 fouls if the O'Neals are back for good.  If Krystic is out, I think Murphy can take the 10-12 minutes a game that Krystic would have played without any drop off.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Frankly, Murphy's game doesn't seem to be NBA caliber.  At least not with a contending team it's not. He was a solid college player.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

well be better get off his a ss with that ankle injury and suit up.  IF shaq indeed shows up sunday and can play, that would alleviate a lot, but Troy is still needed as you dont want both O'neals coming back logging major minutes right away and drive them back to the shelf...  I just hope Doc manages this right.  After showing that we do indeed have a switch, and know when to flick it...it would be silly to risk re-injuring one of them just to fight for HCA...we know the big 4 can still ball and if all healthy we have the deepest team, but still not sure we rebound well enough and Troy can help there...I dont want Shaq jumping too much to board, but he can take up space and box out for someone else to board...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I guess Baby never plays center?  BAHAHAHA!!  The fool strikes again

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Murphy Will Get a 2nd Chance:
    [QUOTE]Why did we sign that guy?????? I have no clue just like Mr. Ainge, boy doesn't know what he's doing... Troy Murphy?????? Did he play in the NBA before???? Did he come from Europe?????
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]
    Troy Murphy`s been a solid NBA player for 10 years. He`s a far better rebounder than Krstic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

As mentioned in another thread, if Rasheed is back, Murphy will probably be waived so they can sign Rasheed.  I would like to see Rasheed return, but he still needs to play at least a few games before the playoffs begin.  I am not sure that this would even happen, just another possibility. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I wish we had Powe over Murphy.  You can't teach guts.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Troy Murphy stepping up is like saying Shaq is the key to another celtic championship. Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Murphy Will Get a 2nd Chance:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Troy Murphy Will Get a 2nd Chance : Still waiting to see how good he is after a month if he was any good and with all our injuries he should have seen some playing time. Just saying...
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

Ordinarily I would agree, but we need to remember two things:
    1.  He DID play in every game until he got hurt
    2.  He has been on the bench for almost a year

I want to see him play an extended bit.  It he can't cut it, then I will agree with you

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

I would not be surprised to see Davis log more minutes at center in the playoffs than Shaq, JO, and Murphy. His body is so big, he plays big, he's got big time jumping abilities.

I am not saying he's a center. I am thinking the way the celtics are configured KW is a true big, Paul and Davis play big for 20-25 minutes a game in the playoffs.       

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Are you joking  that BBD has big time jumping abilities?  

Sections
Shortcuts