Troy Murphy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Troy Murphy?

In addition to the Hornets, several other teams are expected to show interest in Murphy, including the Boston CelticsMiami HeatOrlando Magic and Dallas Mavericks, sources said.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

Re: Troy Murphy?

If we can teach him to play better defense then I'm all for it but then who do we drop? Can we get him for the league minimum?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Is it a buyout situation?  If so, I think the C's need to kick the tires.  Murphy could probably add more than JON at this point even if the surgery is successful.  Shaq is a question mark and Erden is hurting too.  They may need another big man.  Wojo also mentions that the C's are still interested in Rip Hamilton, not sure he'd leave that much money on the table via a buyout even for a shot at a championship.  But he'd be a great fit given Daniels' injury and West's uncertain status.     

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toine83. Show toine83's posts

If we can trade JON for a player like Battier or Posey, then sign Murphy

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

We don't need another big, we need a SF first and foremost. I just don't see a need unless they know Shaq is done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

The 3 stooges (Bias-One-P34) has no answer to my last post "POSSIBLE THREAD"
    .............and they opening another stupid trade.

No one should listen to these 3,  ruining the celtics forum.
    hallocinating brains.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

CHE is just jealous because no one pays attention to his posts.

HAHAHA!!!

AND HE SAID HE'S DONE WITH THE NBA!

HAHAHA!!! AGAIN!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

he is a 4 though, isnt him??  I think this is one of Ainge favs..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Murphy?:
    The 3 stooges (Bias-One-P34) has no answer to my last post "POSSIBLE THREAD" .............and they opening another stupid trade. No one should listen to these 3,  ruining the celtics forum. hallocinating brains.
    Posted by CHEisCHE

Hey Fidel...oops I mean Che why don't you stop trying to take shots at people and just post your comments. If you have none worth posting then just sit back and read those that do have something to say.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I don't see Troy Murphy in our championship plans.  Look over his whole career.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

If we can trade JON for a player like Battier or Posey, then sign Murphy
    Posted by toine83

If Danny can get Battier and Murphy he is a genius...one of them would work...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Since Avery Johnson has stated that Murphy is not in the Nets plans, there is no doubt he will be traded or bought out.  I just can't imagine someone NOT wanting him and picking up his $11.9 million expiring contract before the trade deadline.  He is the ideal acquisition for teams looking to trim payroll.  I believe somebody will deal for him before the deadline.

Then again, teams could take the approach that he's not in the Nets plans so let's wait it out, let him get bought out and then we can sign him for the veteran's minumum.  That is probably the most popular approach taken by teams.

And in the event he doesn't get traded and gets bought out, I would love to see him in Celtics green.  I think what he brings (outside shooting touch for a big and great rebounder) is something we can use.  We could use KG, Baby and Murphy at the PF spot for the remainder of the season.  We would have to work hard to integrate him into our defensive scheme but it's well worth it.

We'd have to let a player go and I think either Luke or Bradley will be waived.  They really are not going to be contributors towards banner #18 anyway so let's get another use-able player.  We still need a SF too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

C's could use another big.  Don't think it is safe to assume O'Neal and O'Neil suddenly get healthy at this point.  If you are counting on Erden in the postseason (which I wouldn't) keep in mind that they are holding off on his shoulder surgery until the offseason.  Spurs and Lakers are very big up front-if they don't get another big-we could end up going in with the same frontcourt as last year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Murphy? : Hey Fidel...oops I mean Che why don't you stop trying to take shots at people and just post your comments. If you have none worth posting then just sit back and read those that do have something to say.
    Posted by BiasLewis

CHE is Asian. He's trying to fight crime on the internet, specifically the Boston Celtics forum. And since the "Green Hornet" is not Asian that makes him Kato.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I don't see Troy Murphy in our championship plans.  Look over his whole career.
    Posted by concord27

concord27, in Murphy's most recent two seasons, he's averaged a double-double in points and rebounds.  What do you see over his whole career that suggests he would not help the Celtics?

His career averages are 11.8 pts, 8.5 rebs per game while shooting 45% FG, 39% on 3's and 78% from the line while playing for GS and Ind.  He's as solid a role player suited for the Celtics as it gets.  He rebounds and has a very nice outside touch for a guy 6'11".  I could see us go small with him and KG or him and Baby at times.

If we could bring him in for the veteran's min, I believe it's a no-brainer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I believe Murphy would head to Orlando or Chicago if he's bought out. Murphy knows the C's are deep in the frontcourt.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I believe Murphy would head to Orlando or Chicago if he's bought out. Murphy knows the C's are deep in the frontcourt.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Bias

How deep are they really though?  Shaq is "the big ?" at this point.  Erden is hurting and is a rook.  JON is no guarantee.  Perk, BBD and KG are the only locks I see at the 4-5.  Not saying that Murphy is the answer. but if JON and Daniels are out there are two roster spots available potentially.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

CablesWyndBairn, I think you make a good point.  We appear deep on paper but we really aren't.  If games were played on paper, we'd be champions right now.

If Murphy came here, he'd get plenty of minutes to showcase his talents and make an impact on our championship run. He is a very capable NBA player who can give us as much as what either O'Neal can give.  The best thing about Murphy right now is that he probably could stay on the court.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Since Avery Johnson has stated that Murphy is not in the Nets plans, there is no doubt he will be traded or bought out.  I just can't imagine someone NOT wanting him and picking up his $11.9 million expiring contract before the trade deadline.  He is the ideal acquisition for teams looking to trim payroll.  I believe somebody will deal for him before the deadline. Then again, teams could take the approach that he's not in the Nets plans so let's wait it out, let him get bought out and then we can sign him for the veteran's minumum.  That is probably the most popular approach taken by teams. And in the event he doesn't get traded and gets bought out, I would love to see him in Celtics green.  I think what he brings (outside shooting touch for a big and great rebounder) is something we can use.  We could use KG, Baby and Murphy at the PF spot for the remainder of the season.  We would have to work hard to integrate him into our defensive scheme but it's well worth it. We'd have to let a player go and I think either Luke or Bradley will be waived.  They really are not going to be contributors towards banner #18 anyway so let's get another use-able player.  We still need a SF too.
    Posted by Petey62

You do understand that if a team takes on salary of $11.9 mil that they have to shed similiar salary? Who do you intend to trade for Murphy to offset his salary? Rondo??
    Murphy will not be bought out at that number. He has an expiring contract, and will have some value for some team. The C's cannot match up to this type of contract. Nets w/b smarter to just let the guy sit out and allow his contract to come off of the books to chase free agents next year. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Mr negativity strikes again.

Hey Rkarp - I think we all KNOW what is in your post - we are saying IF he is bought out.  This has been widely speculated, and has been written today on both hoopshype and realgm.  It very plainly says "IF he is bought out, the Celtics, Mavs......" and other teams would be interested. 

What part of this don't you get???????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Murphy? : You do understand that if a team takes on salary of $11.9 mil that they have to shed similiar salary? Who do you intend to trade for Murphy to offset his salary? Rondo?? Murphy will not be bought out at that number. He has an expiring contract, and will have some value for some team. The C's cannot match up to this type of contract. Nets w/b smarter to just let the guy sit out and allow his contract to come off of the books to chase free agents next year. 
    Posted by rkarp

rkarp, maybe you misread my post but I was not suggesting the Celtics could trade for Murphy.  I indicated that it would best for NJ to trade him to "someone" since he has an $11.9 million expiring contract.  I agree that is valuable but I said that in my post -- guess you missed that!

Now here is a thought -- if I (a team GM) know Murphy will not be in NJ's plans, why would I trade for him as opposed to waiting until after the trade deadline in hopes that NJ buys him out, which is highly likely?  Once NJ buys him out, I could then swoop in and offer him the veteran's minimum.  That way I would not have to give up a player (or players) at that salary who I do not have right now and I would probably have to pay the veteran's minimum of about $1.4 million rather than $11.9 million (or the pro-rated value of his contract).

Now, short of finding a trade partner, I believe the Nets will simply buy him out.  And I am aware they would not buy him out at $11.9 million.

And there is no way the Nets would simply let him sit until the end of the season.  Another thought - if I (Nets GM) could buy him out at $7.5 or $8 million instead of paying him $11.9 million to have him sit, what is the best business approach?  So to suggest the Nets "would let the guy sit out and allow his contract to go off the books", that would be the most ridiculous option of all.

Please re-read my post and see if you understand then.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Murphy? : rkarp, maybe you misread my post but I was not suggesting the Celtics could trade for Murphy.  I indicated that it would best for NJ to trade him to "someone" since he has an $11.9 million expiring contract.  I agree that is valuable but I said that in my post -- guess you missed that! Now here is a thought -- if I (a team GM) know Murphy will not be in NJ's plans, why would I trade for him as opposed to waiting until after the trade deadline in hopes that NJ buys him out, which is highly likely?  Once NJ buys him out, I could then swoop in and offer him the veteran's minimum.  That way I would not have to give up a player (or players) at that salary who I do not have right now. Now, short of finding a trade partner, I believe the Nets will simply buy him out.  And I am aware they would not buy him out at $11.9 million. And there is no way the Nets would simply let him sit until the end of the season.  Another thought - if I (Nets GM) could buy him out at $7.5 or $8 million instead of paying him $11.9 million to have him sit, what is the best business approach?  So to suggest the Nets " would let the guy sit out and allow his contract to go off the books ", that would be the most ridiculous option of all. Please re-read my post and see if you understand then.
    Posted by Petey62

Another part to that is the season is over half over.  The numbers would have to adjust accordingly. We are talking about less than 6 Mill

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

That's the key, what's remaining on these deals?? We don't have that information. We have their yearly salary and I guess you can crunch numbers and figure it out but who wants to do that. LOL!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

As things slowly disintegrate in Utah they may finally move Kirelenko.  A long armed defender who can cover another teams bigs, while also filling in at chasing around the small forwards.  I guess Tayshaun Prince and Battier may fit in to this category as well as those rare defenders that can cover both forward slots.  Not alot going on now but I bet once the first deal goes through we will see some interesting stuff.

Sections
Shortcuts