Troy Murphy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RampageIMT. Show RampageIMT's posts

Troy Murphy

Did we bring in Murphy as an insurance policy in case we are not 100% healthy come playoff time?  I just don't see him fitting in the playoff rotation at all.  We can only suit up 12 and I am sure Doc will have an 8-9 man rotation come the second round of the playoffs and onwards.  That would mean if healthy we have:

Pierce
    Allen
    KG
    Shaq
    Rondo
    Green
    West
    Krstic
    Baby

Where does that leave Murphy?  Is he just here in case someone goes down injured?  I like the moves Danny did but if we are somewhat healthy come playoff time I don't think there is enough minutes to go around.  This is not a bad thing I guess if you have a surplus of extra bigs just in case but I think Murphy might be too good to be just an insurance policy for us.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfantiltheend. Show patsfantiltheend's posts

Re: Troy Murphy

This doesnt answer your question, but that 9 man rotation looks pretty dam good!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RampageIMT. Show RampageIMT's posts

No it doesn't answer the question but you are right.  That is a nasty 9 man rotation with Murphy and a potentailly healthy Jermaine O'neal on the bench.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfantiltheend. Show patsfantiltheend's posts

One big concern for me is the health of Delonte West. We would be unstoppable if he could just NOT get hurt for the rest of the year. But if West gets hurt again and misses the playoffs... i don't want Bradley getting those backup PG minutes. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Murphy:
    One big concern for me is the health of Delonte West. We would be unstoppable if he could just NOT get hurt for the rest of the year. But if West gets hurt again and misses the playoffs... i don't want Bradley getting those backup PG minutes. 
    Posted by patsfantiltheend

Enter Arroyo!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

The Celtics are going to win the Championship this year.

They simply have the deepest most talented roster in the league.

Danny Ainge is the executive of the year for what he has done since the training deadline.

Troy Murphy is a solid NBA player. The reason why people dog him was because he was paid like a #1 or #2 scorer , a franchise cornerstone. Don't hate the guy because he had a great agent and Chris Mullin was a lousy GM for Golden State......Troy Murphy is a solid 7th to 10th man in the rotation for any team in the NBA (other than this years Celtics team)

On this team, he is insurance and with all the injuries - he is solid insurance.

He hasn't played much all year and his job is to get in shape over the last 20 games. Come playoff time he might get 10 minutes a game or less. He might not get any minutes some games. Bottom line - for minimum wage, for the last 20 games and the playoffs , he is a GREAT insurance policy.

In addition, the Celtics get to look at him and see if he fits in their plans for next season. Imagine if the Celtics had the same opportunity to look at Jermaine for the last 20 games of the season and the playoffs last season ? Do you think they would have given him a $12M/2yr deal ?

There's no downside to having Troy Murphy on the team for the stretch run and the playoffs. Let him eat up as many minutes as possible before the playoffs and have him ready if needed for the playoffs.

Why all the stupidity and whining about his performance when he's only been with the team for 3 games ? Heck, he's already given the team what Rasheed gave them all season last year. (which is not much).

How about giving the guy a couple of weeks to at least learn his role and see how he looks then ? They guy has always been a solid pro, let him shake off the rust before labeling him a bust, OK ?

What kind of drugs are all you negative people on ?

Fellowship Of The Miserable indeed !

I love the Troy Murphy move. What if Big Baby doesn't make it back at all ? They way he looked like he got injured on the way up was exactly the way Garnett looked when he got injured.

Chill out and enjoy the show...

The Celtics are going to win the championship !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Celtics did look at JON last year in the playoffs. His physical condition made him a liability on the court except for the fact that he was 6 fouls to give. Unless they saw something medically that they thought they could correct, I was shocked that they signed him, even as insurance.
    I could see Murphy back in green at the right price. All things being equal and Celts do get #18, it would not surprise me to see the core of this team back to try and defend the title. However, if #18 is reality, that would mean that BBD would have played very well, making it even more difficult to sign him. Murphy and Green as #6 and #7 along with Kristic, KG, PP, Allen and Rondo and Shaq along for the part time gig is a pretty good start to next year.
    Also, count me as one who sees big potential in Bradley, and would like to see him get full summer league and training camp. I think he could be a dynamite 3rd combo guard that can defend really well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Troy Murphy has shown nothing.  It is early, but there is very little that suggest he fits in with the roster.

The point that mentions he is here for insurance makes the most sense. The only thing is based on what I have seen he supplies lousy insurance.  

Sections
Shortcuts