Troy Murphy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

Troy Murphy

Would you resign him ?
    I would.
    He's a big body who can open the floor and rebound......
    Just give him a chance to show it, he and KG together would be a good power forward !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldschoolfan. Show oldschoolfan's posts

Re: Troy Murphy

He's been hurt, I think the Celts ought to give him another look.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Troy is like a broken down old car with a long history of bad maintenance. Time to junk it and buy a new model.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

If there is another younger big who can match Murphy's skills then no, but if the pickings are slim, it's the old "better the devil you know than the devil you don't know" thing.  As far as his skills go, I don't think we saw anything near what he can do last year, and having his size and shooting could be helpful.  He's not necessarily sixth man material, but if Glen Davis is out, Murphy could be helpful.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

How anyone would feel based on what we saw that you want to continue is ridiculous?  Murphy is a broken down player. If no one else wants him I would let him come to camp.  But the odds of him being a factor are beyond slim. Doc never even gave him a look while he was on the bench and he is a veteran.  That tells you all you need to know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Murphy:
    Troy is like a broken down old car with a long history of bad maintenance. Time to junk it and buy a new model.
    Posted by henryfinkel

There aren't any new models for sale in the Celtics' price range...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Vet min - one year, prove yourself.........YES!!!

In addition, it would do two good things:
    1.  Take a little pressure of JJJ in his rookie year
    2.  See if JJJ can play Center in this league, assuming we lose Baby!

I think, and I have said for a week now, Troy Murphy can give us what Baby gave us last year, at a fraction of the cost!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

Posted by henryfinkel

Henry, you're right. Just look at the Carfax! (LOL)-Murphy's done like an old clunker!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

In Response to Troy Murphy:
    Would you resign him ? I would. He's a big body who can open the floor and rebound...... Just give him a chance to show it, he and KG together would be a good power forward !
    Posted by caesarthecat

Caesar: Murphy couldn't open up a can of Campbell Soup with a pop top lid!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

Troy Murphy? Bob Barker would say, "If the price is right!"
    Posted by Fiercest34

Whatever door he's behind, Monty Hall wouldn't even make that deal!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Why Not for vet min who is out there at that price.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

Why Not for vet min who is out there at that price.
    Posted by genaro008

You probably want the Celts to re-sign Mikki Moore too! (LOL)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Murphy : You probably want the Celts to re-sign Mikki Moore too! (LOL)
    Posted by JREwing

Who's your alternative, JR?  Miss Ellie?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Murphy : Who's your alternative, JR?  Miss Ellie?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Miss Ellie's now at the great Southfork in the sky. Let's try my brother Bobby or Ray Krebbs! (LOL)-Celts are stuck between  a rock and a hard place. No choice but to try to sign Jeff Green and hope he develops and that some production can come fron 1st rounder JaJuan Johnson. I'd consider a sign and trade for Davis, if the right package presented itself!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Murphy : Miss Ellie's now at the great Southfork in the sky. Let's try my brother Bobby or Ray Krebbs! (LOL)-Celts are stuck between  a rock and a hard place. No choice but to try to sign Jeff Green and hope he develops and that some production can come fron 1st rounder JaJuan Johnson. I'd consider a sign and trade for Davis, if the right package presented itself!
    Posted by JREwing

I agree with all that, but Murphy would be insurance in case JJJ isn't ready!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Murphy : I agree with all that, but Murphy would be insurance in case JJJ isn't ready!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Insurance? Yes! Probably more like the kind you'd get from the General, not a reputable company like State Farm, Allstate, or GEICO!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Murphy : Insurance? Yes! Probably more like the kind you'd get from the General, not a reputable company like State Farm, Allstate, or GEICO!
    Posted by JREwing

Sorry, but I disagree!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Murphy was the 3rd PF on the Nets this year so that doesn't tell you anything?
    He is washed up.
    Any young, athletic guy would be better then him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Murphy was the 3rd PF on the Nets this year so that doesn't tell you anything? He is washed up. Any young, athletic guy would be better then him.
    Posted by mtrax

Such as??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

Murphy was the 3rd PF on the Nets this year so that doesn't tell you anything? He is washed up. Any young, athletic guy would be better then him.
    Posted by mtrax

Murphy's so washed up, I hear he's down to second string in the wheel chair league sponsored by the local laundramat! (LOL)!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

could be the worst joke i've ever heard

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

could be the worst joke i've ever heard
    Posted by Sev133

NAH - my father used to tell me the one about the talcum powder - his sons actually booed him!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Troy Murphy? Didn't he retire already? If not, he should. If he doesn't, the Cs should pass on this stiff. He collected $10 million last year for nada, bupkis, zilch. Teams didn't play him for the reason the Celts quit playing him, HE'S FINISHED! No hops, no shot, no speed, no defense. Just another never was hanging on for one more big payday before he disappears into the nether world of athletic retirement.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

don't know.... washed up, old broken car....
    i only see a 31 year old 2.11 m guy who WAS able to score and to rebound until up to 2 years ago !
    then, what happened ? motivation, injuries, personal problmes ?
    come on, at 31 you're not old....

Sections
Shortcuts