True Celtics fans unlike the 99.9% here DO NOT BELIEVE IN TANKING. My respect to them.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Re: True Celtics fans unlike the 99.9% here DO NOT BELIEVE IN TANKING. My respect to them.

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:

The Celtics are about winning.  This team can rebuild without begging it's way to the front of David Stern's welfare line.

Always fight for every thing you can get and the chips will fall where they may.

100% Could have not said it better. The games are difficult to watch, but looking at another view is watching players progress to earn their right to play in the NBA even if it's with the Celtics or not. I have CELTICS PRIDE and we will be back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: True Celtics fans unlike the 99.9% here DO NOT BELIEVE IN TANKING. My respect to them.

fierce flip flops more than a man's junk when he jogs naked

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I hope they are trying to tank......  It's a heck of a lot better than "Gee....lets finish just outside of the playoffs for the next 3 years and be in NBA Purgatory"

Face it....the worst part about the NBA is that there are 2 ways to improve your team....the draft and FA's.  The Celts don't exactly have a ton of cash available for a bit so that nixes free agency.....and if they win too many games they'll be stuck in the low teens in terms of draft picks which rarely helps in the long run. 

PLEASE TANK!!!!!  This could be a decent draft....even if we don't get the #1 pick!!

TANKTANTANKTANKTANKTANKTANK!!!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to vertmont's comment:

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:

The Celtics are about winning.  This team can rebuild without begging it's way to the front of David Stern's welfare line.

Always fight for every thing you can get and the chips will fall where they may.

100% Could have not said it better. The games are difficult to watch, but looking at another view is watching players progress to earn their right to play in the NBA even if it's with the Celtics or not. I have CELTICS PRIDE and we will be back.

No disrespect BUT have either of you guys ever run a business? What do you think the owners of the club are telling DA? 1) I dont care about season ticket or merchandise sales, even if it means being the 8th seed for the next several years OR 2) Season ticket and merchandise sales are the top priority! Do what you have to do to get a franchise player in here NOW!!!! 

Winning franchises appreciate in value, much faster than losing framchises! If you dont believe me ask MJ! 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

You mean tanking like the Lakers are doing with their totally pathetic losses? (Worst in franchise history last night). 

Pot-kettle check. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

if you're gonna be bad.. why not be the worst you can be?

It's not like the C's are trying to lose (well atleast the coach and players arent, Danny Ainge certainly is though. look at this roster he's constructed, its built to tank)

I love watching a guy like Chris Johnson play his assss off every single play so he can earn that contract and make his way in the NBA.

They all try (exception on Green 2/3 the time and Rondo) and give great effort they just are built to tank.

so does THE Danny Ainge (who rebuilt the mantra 'celtic pride') not have any real pride because of the team he built? Hell no. he has more C pride than all of us. he's doing whats best for the immediate future.

whether its packaging the picks for a star or getting a potential star (hope to god its jabari) this is whats best

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

According to one of those knowledgeable Celtics fan I quoted Tanking does not work in the NBA. Look it up. I will but not now. It's only worked once.

Only one team in history has won a championship after winning the lottery - and that was a red herring. The Spurs were a good team but lost a lot after David Robinson got hurt for an entire season. They won the lottery, got Tim Duncan and then the Admiral came back and they had a formidable team right away. This is usually not the case and teams that hit rock bottom in the NBA rarely become viable (see Cleveland, Washington, heck - see the Celtics for the 20 years between titles.)

There is as much contrived controversy in your posts in this thread as there is on the felger and Mazz show...

They aren't TRYING to tank...they are not a very good team with a collection of players whose talents, frankly, are mismatched and lacking....to use the vernacular, THEY SUCK....now the Fakers, they are TANKING..on purpose...or the 76'rs....maybe your comments should be directed towards them...

BTW...I was at the game at the garden when Cowens slid across the floor on his belly to grab a loose ball and was called for travelling and left a sweat trail acroff the length of the floor...I was at the game where Jabbar hit a skyhook in Game 6 of the playoffs against Milwaukee, beating the C's....I had seasons tickets to watch Larry Legend during all those years....I watched and listened to each and every one of the C's championships...don't try to come in here and tell everyone they don't know what Celtic's Pride is all about...

C'mon dude...relax...they suck this year, no matter what they do they'll suck a little less the year after......lightning doesn't ever get caught in abottle...they have to rebuild to be excellent year after year again....they'll do it...have some faith...and patience

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Whether or not we "believe" in tanking is irrelevant.

It is what it is. This is the monster David Stern created during his unholy reign...

• Over expansion
    • WWE scripts and a market focus on individual stars over teams ("gee, everyone wants to see a Kobe vs Lebron Final!!!").
    • And last, but not least, a ridiculous lottery system (its original purpose was to get Patrick Ewing to the Knicks) that encourages tanking.

To the OP:

You are a fool. Here's why.

Dave Cowens was the FOURTH PICK in the 1970 draft. Yeah, the 1969-70 Celtics were just dripping with Celtic Pride. It's a shame that they couldn't must more of that Pride and win more games that season, if they did, we wouldn't have enjoyed those 2 championships in the 1970s, plus the 72-73 team that won 68 games only to lose to the Knicks in the semi finals after Hondo went down (knee).

Larry Bird was the SIXTH PICK (long defunct Junior Eligible Rule) in the 1979 draft. The Cs were awful in 1978-79. Gee, if that team had gotten any more pride out of Curtis Rowe, we would not have enjoyed the Bird Years.

Cs trade Bob McAdoo for the Pistons #1 pick. It's a good thing the 1979-80 Pistons didn't have any Pride. It's nice when other teams lay down the suck for you. Anyway, that led to the one of the greatest all time trades...

Celtics trade the FIRST OVERALL PICK to Golden State for Robert Parish (the EIGHTH PICK in the 1976 draft) and the Warriors #3 pick. We all know what happened after that. The Cs took Kevin McHale with the THIRD PICK in the 1980 draft.

After the Bird Era came to its true end (in 1988, not 1992). The long drought of titles emerged. Why? For starters, the Cs hung on to the Old Three for too long. Celtic Pride delayed the rebuilding process by 5 years. The 1991-92 team finished with 51 Prideful Wins and went down with Pride in the playoffs to Cleveland. Shaq was the #1 pick in the 1992 draft, but hey, who needs Shaq when we have Pride on our side.

Not to be undone, Celtic Pride lasted for a year beyond Bird. The 1992-93 team won 48 games only to lose to the Hornets in 4 games (3-1) in round 1. I really felt the Pride flowing through me like a Green Jedi. Didn't Dee Brown win the slam dunk contest that year? Ah Pride.

At least the 1993-94 team had enough Pride to finish no lower than 9th. Nothing symbolizes Celtic Pride like Eric Montross.

Fast forward through all the empty years (yet filled with Celtic Pride!) to 1998 where the Cs just came off a Prideful 36-46 season. That year they got Paul Pierce with the TENTH PICK in the 1998 draft. With less Pride, we could have had Dirk, but I'll settle for Pierce.

In March 11, 1999, Rick Pitino, raging with Celtic Pride, traded the team's #1 pick for a mediocre C, Vitaly Potapenko (I can feel the chilly waves of Celtic Pride at the mention of that name). Pitino made this trade to strengthen his insane cause to make the playoffs. He failed and that pick would wind up being the 8th pick overall. Slick Rick added insult to injury by giving Vitaly a ludicrous (and lucrative extension).

Fast forward through more empty yet Prideful years to 2007. The Celtics traded for Ray Allen (the FIFTH PICK in the 1996 draft) with the FIFTH PICK in the 2007 draft. Danny Ainge was wise to take a flyer on Al Jefferson, straight out of HS, in 2004. (FYI, for those fans who want to see more age limits to NBA entrance, you might want to rethink your position).

AJ was a valuable enough trade chip to land Kevin Garnett (also out of HS), the FIFTH PICK in the 1995 draft. Returning to 1995, the Cs had too much damn Pride to tank that year. The Cs tried with Pride to build another Banner Team with Dino Radja and an old Dominique Wilkins. They lost (again with Pride) in round 1 to the Magic (3-1). But hey, looking back, I too would be hurt to have my Celtic Pride injured from tanking just enough to have a shot of getting a career's worth of KG, rather than the leftovers remaining in his tank (no pun intended).

To Summarize:

• Dave Cowens was the FOURTH PICK in the 1970 draft.
    • Larry Bird was the SIXTH PICK (long defunct Junior Eligible Rule) in the 1979 draft.
    • Robert Parrish was the EIGHTH PICK in the 1976 draft.
    • Kevin McHale was the THIRD PICK in the 1980 draft.
    • Paul Pierce was the TENTH PICK in the 1998 draft.
    • Kevin Garnett was the FIFTH PICK in the 1995 draft.
    • Ray Allen was the FIFTH PICK in the 1996 draft.

From where did Celtic Pride originate? I'll give you a hint, it didn't come from any playoff eliminated season.

That said...

ONLY A FOOL WOULD WANT TO RELIVE THE HORROR THAT WAS THE CELTICS FROM 1988 TO 2007.

Pride comes before the fall.

Green runs deep (WHTF that means).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In truth, if the NBA was serious about ending tanking, there's a simple solution...

Allow all 14 teams and 14 picks to be equally random.

Unfair?

If you had to lay money down, who would you choose to win an NBA Title first?

Minnesota or the Lakers?

W-L records mean jack to non-competitive teams. The NBA should stop pretending that it does!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I don't believe in tanking

I didn't for Duncan, either, and look where that got us!

And it's YOU'RE welcome....not your..............geez!

Grammar lessons would screw up every thread, much like the Two-that-must-be-angry-with-each-other.  My example: words that follow hyphens are never uppercase unless that word is a proper noun (name).  If you start a your, you're, it's going to lead to they're, there, and their, then and than, subject-verb agreement, et al.  

Sections
Shortcuts