Tuesday Night - NBA Draft Lotto Predictions!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: Tuesday Night - NBA Draft Lotto Predictions!

In response to Lex44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dbeach48's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cleveland beats 1.7 per cent odds

Bags 3 first in 4 yrs

bag job

feeds perception of many back room deals in NBA

[/QUOTE]

Why they gonna back room deal for Cleveland? That's not going to help the league.  Every1 was tanking their last few games and the Celts went for the wins.  Big mistake now...You can't tell the players to lose but just don't put your best ones in.  We needed ML.  He would have known what to do.

[/QUOTE]

I was on record that the C's heroic attempt to snag a few useless and hurtful wins at the very end of the year absolutely sickened me...sickened me! There was only harm to the franchise in doing so. It was the absolute DUMBEST thing they could have done.

That being said, I cannot accept a process literally completed behind closed doors with no TV cameras and only the word of the NBA leadership that everything is on the up and up. Having hired major accounting firms like the one that "oversaw" the ping-pong ball express process I know full well what they are willing to do for a hefty paycheck...they aren't a bunch of clergy, folks.

Everyone must be available for deals now...no exceptions! The very thought that the C's could build around the terrible nucleus they hold now is laughable. The thought that they could seriously compete for a championship in 2 or 3 years is the biggest joke of all. Be serious and real people. This team is going to take the struggle road for a while. It's ok. I've been through this before with them. I just want them to get rid of the whackjobs and deadwood and build a competitive, fighting team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Lol, 6th pick in a 5 player draft! Should've known all along.  Also, Lol at the Kevin Love rumors. No way are we getting him with the 6th pick. Chicago, Cleveland, and Golden State will completely out-bid us.  

Time to start from scratch. Trade Rondo for the best pick you can get, probably LALs #7. And suck for the next 3 or 4 years.  

Draft Vonleh or Gordon at #6, Smart at #7 and KJ McDaniels at 17.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldnt give up more than Sully for Love. I like our team. Let them grow together.

Next year we package our picks to take Kaminsky.

We dont need K.Love. Sully, Vonleh and Kells have the potential to be better. Scared to give up on those guys.

We will be much better next year without K.Love. Hump, Fav and Anthony give us sufficient rim protection for rebuilding purposes.

[/QUOTE]

Anthony sucks pig toes.....Faux Hawk is what his name says, a nasty bird that cannot fly...the guy was sent to Maine, and that's where he's headed again, then OUT OF THE NBA for good.

BTW...these clowns finished with the 5th worst record in the NBA and should have finished no worse than 4th worst but for epic stupidity on the part of management NOT to tank in our final games until the final whistle. So what makes you think that this same cast of untalented or limited talented "not quite professional level" 5's can improve enough to win games? Only one was a rookie and the other two have been around a long time. They aren't going to see huge jumps in ability now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldnt give up more than Sully for Love. I like our team. Let them grow together.

Next year we package our picks to take Kaminsky.

We dont need K.Love. Sully, Vonleh and Kells have the potential to be better. Scared to give up on those guys.

We will be much better next year without K.Love. Hump, Fav and Anthony give us sufficient rim protection for rebuilding purposes.

[/QUOTE]

Anthony sucks pig toes.....Faux Hawk is what his name says, a nasty bird that cannot fly...the guy was sent to Maine, and that's where he's headed again, then OUT OF THE NBA for good.

BTW...these clowns finished with the 5th worst record in the NBA and should have finished no worse than 4th worst but for epic stupidity on the part of management NOT to tank in our final games until the final whistle. So what makes you think that this same cast of untalented or limited talented "not quite professional level" 5's can improve enough to win games? Only one was a rookie and the other two have been around a long time. They aren't going to see huge jumps in ability now.

[/QUOTE]

Agree, this team is going nowhere fast without a complete rebuild. No all-stars and no ways to get one any time soon. Just a complete glut of mediocre or worse players.  If we can't trade Rondo, which is a very real possibility, he will just walk at the end of the year. Our best young prospect, Sully, is a complete nobody outside of Boston and plays the most easily replaceable position in the NBA, PF. And we still have a stupidly unbalanced roster filled with mostly undersized and/or mediocre 4s, no elite shooters, nobody with a killer instinct to succeed, and nobody with All-star upside to hang our hat on. 

Mel, you are right about this big man corps, or should I say corpse.  It is the worst defensive big man rotation in the league. Easily.  Joel Anthony is the most expensive paperweight on the planet! Humphries leads the league in getting Fn POSTERIZED.  Sully plays like he has 50lbs ankle weights on. KO has some offensive skill but is too weak to guard real big men, and too slow to guard small guys. I will always be pissed that DA took a career role player in Olynyk over Dieng, and Plummlee who will be very good starting defensive Centers for the next decade.  Danny just loves tweeners! Loves em!  Everyone on this roster beside Rondo and Pressey are tweeners with no real position and he's about to get another one in this draft.

Danny should take whatever plans he has, crumple them up, and toss em into the trash because this current squad is garbage.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

KNobody predicted Cleveland landing the #1 pick AGAIN! Because the statistical odds of Cleveland landing the top pick 3 out 4 years based on where they picked from each year was 13,467 to 1.  Wow, that kind of luck is just mind blowing! If it looks like a duck; quacks  like a duck; walks like a duck...the NBA, where corrupt looking stuff happens all the time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I'd sure like to see those pictures in the Cleveland GMs safe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Oh and I predict we get hosed in last nights draft.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The heart says 3rd but the brain says 6th ... that will teach the tankers to be careful what you wish for and help to suppress those thoughts about doing this again next season?

[/QUOTE]

Looks like we nailed it Mployee, both went with pick 6. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ainge had money to spend on a FA back in 2003.

The best Ainge could do was Scal for 15m for 5 years.

When was the last time a big name free-agent, in his prime, opted to sign with Boston?

[/QUOTE]

For someone who acts like they know everything you sure are WRONG all the time.

First of all Scal signed with the Celtics on August 2nd, 2005. NOT in 2003. Yeesh.

And the Celtics did not have money to spend in 2003 or 2005. In 2005 the cap was 49.5 million and the Celtics were basically committed to 47 million worth of players before giving Dan Dickau 2.25 million and Scal the 5/15 deal using the MLE.

The Celtics have not had the cap space to sign a 'big name free agent' since they were a laughingstock owned by Pitino and he used his cash on Travis Knight and Chris Mills.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:

[QUOTE]

For someone who acts like they know everything you sure are WRONG all the time.

First of all Scal signed with the Celtics on August 2nd, 2005. NOT in 2003. Yeesh.

And the Celtics did not have money to spend in 2003 or 2005. In 2005 the cap was 49.5 million and the Celtics were basically committed to 47 million worth of players before giving Dan Dickau 2.25 million and Scal the 5/15 deal using the MLE.

The Celtics have not had the cap space to sign a 'big name free agent' since they were a laughingstock owned by Pitino and he used his cash on Travis Knight and Chris Mills.

[/QUOTE]

Are you really that slow?

Did I say Ainge signed Scal in 2003?

What I said was Ainge had money to spend since 2003 and the best he could come up with was Scal.

Celts are not known for big name free-agent signings.

You really want to look like a complete idiot by saying the Celts are a team who excel at signing big name free-agents?

[/QUOTE]

Sad

Twist your words when caught with your pants down making a mistake

First you were just wrong

Now you make it worse by being a liar

And Ainge did not have money to spend in 2003 (when you thought he signed Scal) OR in 2005 (when he actually signed Scal)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Fiercy, why would we care that he used MLE money to sign Scal in 2005 if you were talking about how the Celtics had money in 2003?

That's like saying 'The Celtics had the full MLE in 2005 and the best they could do was sign James Posey" when Posey signed for the MLE in 2007. Are you this slow?

You were caught with your pants down... not knowing something about the Celtics... AGAIN... like when you thought they signed Xavier McDaniels AFTER Lewis died or how you thought Gavitt signed Dominique or the new new CBA still allowed teams to sign other clubs players for 5 years... on and on

and you LIE to try and get out of being WRONG

that is what you add to this board. Bullying, arrogance, talking down to other like you know everything, and then when the posters who know more than you catch you and call you out, what do you do? LIE.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Who cares if the Celtics have not signed a big name free agent in years?

The point I was making is that Fiercy is pretty lame to think the team signed Scal in 2003 when it was 2005 and that we had money for a free agent in 2003 (we did not).

Fiercy please provide us with the offseason year since Ainge was hired that the Celtics had the money to sign a big time free agent, the amount of money under the cap that we had, the free agent Ainge targeted and the team that FA spurned us for with contract details that show the C's had the money to get him.

He will come up empty. 

There are still star players in the NBA that will sign with teams to win a ring and not to be living on a beach. We'll see what happens when Ainge actually has money and a team that is one big name contender away from being a contender. Maybe summer 2016? he hasn't had that situation yet that is for sure.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Fierce you forgot the big free agent signing of P.J. Brown

Sections
Shortcuts