Turaif to decide Wednesday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Turaif to decide Wednesday

R. Turair to decide between Boston and Miami Wednesday.  ProBasketballTalk  KG has show me that he should be resigned by Boston, he may be one of the better free agents that we can get.  Steamer has look good lately, he should be a Boston keeper also.  WE are in desperate need of a couple of big tough guys, hurry Danny. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Turair to decide Wednesday

dont you mean turiaf?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Turair to decide Wednesday

In Response to Re: Turair to decide Wednesday:
    [QUOTE]dont you mean turiaf?
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

I think Turair is the name of Turkish airlines.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: Turaif to decide Wednesday

Latest, Turaif leaning toward MIAMI

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Heard Chicago was trying to get him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

In Response to Turaif to decide Wednesday:
    [QUOTE]R. Turair to decide between Boston and Miami Wednesday.  ProBasketballTalk  KG has show me that he should be resigned by Boston, he may be one of the better free agents that we can get.  Steamer has look good lately, he should be a Boston keeper also.  WE are in desperate need of a couple of big tough guys, hurry Danny. 
    Posted by romneywins[/QUOTE]

He's injury prom..n't sure about him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

it's a good thing we swapped bass for davis because doc ravvers couldn't get along with glen.  bass is only a 4 and now KG has to be a 5.  it didn't take nostradamus to figure out that jermaine o'neal wouldn't play much this season.

so now we have steamer, who is good for spot duty and definitely fine to eat some minutes, but NOBODY to bump and grind dwight howard, bynum out of the paint.  nobody at all. 

and needless to say, bass, while perhaps a better 15 foot shooter than davis in pure accuracy, is not anywhere near the team defender, and can't play center worth beans.

oh well.  talent management.  sometimes it's the little things.  danny ainge could have made this right between doc and glen but he didn't.  and don't tell me "look at davis in orlando, he stinks".  the whole orlando team stinks because of duh-wight howard's antics and stan van grumby's song is old. 

if davis had stayed here under a new contract he would have been out there busting his butt just like before.  sure he had shortcomings but he had a lot of versatility.  and KG would NOT have been pressed into this dangerous russian roulette of playing the 5 at age 35 or 36- a most unadvisable move.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Turaif to decide Wednesday:
    [QUOTE]it's a good thing we swapped bass for davis because doc ravvers couldn't get along with glen.  bass is only a 4 and now KG has to be a 5.  it didn't take nostradamus to figure out that jermaine o'neal wouldn't play much this season. so now we have steamer, who is good for spot duty and definitely fine to eat some minutes, but NOBODY to bump and grind dwight howard, bynum out of the paint.  nobody at all.  and needless to say, bass, while perhaps a better 15 foot shooter than davis in pure accuracy, is not anywhere near the team defender, and can't play center worth beans. oh well.  talent management.  sometimes it's the little things.  danny ainge could have made this right between doc and glen but he didn't.  and don't tell me "look at davis in orlando, he stinks".  the whole orlando team stinks because of duh-wight howard's antics and stan van grumby's song is old.  if davis had stayed here under a new contract he would have been out there busting his butt just like before.  sure he had shortcomings but he had a lot of versatility.  and KG would NOT have been pressed into this dangerous russian roulette of playing the 5 at age 35 or 36- a most unadvisable move.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Ill take Bass any day...all around better and not a head case....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Acie,
    We all have 20/20 hindsight vision.
    As for BB vs BBD, I think BB is clear upgrade. We can argue about their physical capabilities all day long but by the end of that day BB will come as a winner because of his no-nonsense attitude vs menopause-like mood swing of BBD.

AK

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Acie, We all have 20/20 hindsight vision. As for BB vs BBD, I think BB is clear upgrade. We can argue about their physical capabilities all day long but by the end of that day BB will come as a winner because of his no-nonsense attitude vs menopause-like mood swing of BBD. AK
    Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]

menopause-like mood swings?  gee, i never saw that.  i did see a touch of immaturity, that is standard fare for nba players who log one or two years in college and are treated such that most all have a touch of sycophant vs. the traditional coach-ability that we all grew up with.

there is no question that bass is a hustle player.  but this team needed a lot more at the 5 than jermaine o'neal.  davis aptly backed up the 4 and 5 last season and until he strained his patellar tendon was playing knockout ball and hitting a LOT of shots to seal wins for us during our best stretch of the season last year, much of it w/o shaq and jerlame. 

what i'm saying is that the bass/davis comparison is pretty even in my book except when you get down to defensive rotation- and that covered up for a lot of rondo's heinous habits of wandering and risk taking.  davis closed those lanes that were opened by rondo's bad technique on defense.  bass tends to turn his head and while he does rotate sometimes, there is no comparison.

and then you have the big man grind fest- the sacrificing of the body- bass is more than willing to do it but not effective at it- he's missing 70 pounds and strength that davis had that no amount of wishing or training can get you. 

passing game is also another area where davis has an edge. 

we're not talking big differences except on defensive help rotations and elite 275# plus center bump and grind.

conversely, bass is a better pure rebounder than davis.

all in all, i would have taken davis 10/10 times over bass.  davis was showing that his game was still developing last year.  new post moves, decent jumper range, all hustle all the time.  it's not like he had peaked out.

so what this decision has yielded us is KG at the 5.  that's horrendous.  and enter doc stage left with a workable but rough steamer who he won't play.  just play the guy and work out the bullcrap in his game reviewing it on the tapes.  you can't review tapes of scrimmages.  steamer should be logging 20-25 mins a game at the 5, if not 30.  he blocks shots well.  very well. 

all of this falls back on doc.  doc dimed out davis to the press in an unprecedented and unprofessional manner many times until davis mentally snapped.  you just don't do that.  and now doc is continuing his habitual pattern of benching-to-death young talent that could help the cause- esp. the 5. 

if you don't believe then look at chris wilcox's minutes played- he wasn't much of a player in my estimation but a healthy body at 6-10 and better to wear him out at the 5 some than OVER play jermaine o'neal and KG sharing the 5.  but whatever, hind sight is 20/20 and doc's front sight on talent management seems to be 0/0

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Turaif to decide Wednesday : menopause-like mood swings?  gee, i never saw that.  i did see a touch of immaturity, that is standard fare for nba players who log one or two years in college and are treated such that most all have a touch of sycophant vs. the traditional coach-ability that we all grew up with. there is no question that bass is a hustle player.  but this team needed a lot more at the 5 than jermaine o'neal.  davis aptly backed up the 4 and 5 last season and until he strained his patellar tendon was playing knockout ball and hitting a LOT of shots to seal wins for us during our best stretch of the season last year, much of it w/o shaq and jerlame.  what i'm saying is that the bass/davis comparison is pretty even in my book except when you get down to defensive rotation- and that covered up for a lot of rondo's heinous habits of wandering and risk taking.  davis closed those lanes that were opened by rondo's bad technique on defense.  bass tends to turn his head and while he does rotate sometimes, there is no comparison. and then you have the big man grind fest- the sacrificing of the body- bass is more than willing to do it but not effective at it- he's missing 70 pounds and strength that davis had that no amount of wishing or training can get you.  passing game is also another area where davis has an edge.  we're not talking big differences except on defensive help rotations and elite 275# plus center bump and grind. conversely, bass is a better pure rebounder than davis. all in all, i would have taken davis 10/10 times over bass.  davis was showing that his game was still developing last year.  new post moves, decent jumper range, all hustle all the time.  it's not like he had peaked out. so what this decision has yielded us is KG at the 5.  that's horrendous.  and enter doc stage left with a workable but rough steamer who he won't play.  just play the guy and work out the bullcrap in his game reviewing it on the tapes.  you can't review tapes of scrimmages.  steamer should be logging 20-25 mins a game at the 5, if not 30.  he blocks shots well.  very well.  all of this falls back on doc.  doc dimed out davis to the press in an unprecedented and unprofessional manner many times until davis mentally snapped.  you just don't do that.  and now doc is continuing his habitual pattern of benching-to-death young talent that could help the cause- esp. the 5.  if you don't believe then look at chris wilcox's minutes played- he wasn't much of a player in my estimation but a healthy body at 6-10 and better to wear him out at the 5 some than OVER play jermaine o'neal and KG sharing the 5.  but whatever, hind sight is 20/20 and doc's front sight on talent management seems to be 0/0
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Just yesterday, i asked myself, where's Acie, and today you show up!!  I think i'll put my mind on winning the lottery, i'll let you know how it turns out!!

Sections
Shortcuts