Turnovers per 100 possessions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Turnovers per 100 possessions

This could be one of the reasons the Celtics are better without Rondo. I read on another site, that rondo's turnover ratio per 100 possessions is 22.6, the worst of any starting point guard in the league.  The ratio for most of the elite point guards is in the low teens to single degits. Paul Pierce who we think turns it over a lot is at a 12.8 ratio per 100 possessions, which is second on the Celtics.  Just another in a growing list of reasons why Danny should try and get the best deal he can for our turnover prone point guard.

14 and 4 without Rondo. There's no telling what our record would be if he had missed the entire season. We may have been fighting the Heat for best record in the East!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Turnovers per 100 possessions

Here is more from the same article probably.  I posted the whole article on the "no opinions added"  Rondo thread a couple days ago  if you want to read it all

Turnovers have been a major issue for Rondo throughout his career, especially as his usage has increased the past three seasons. Two seasons ago, his turnover rate was 24.3. Last year it was 22.8. These high percentages are largely due to his high-risk passes, which are incredibly pretty when they work but cost Boston precious possessions when they don’t.

A quick sampling of individual turnover rates tells an even bigger story.
    Turnovers/100 possessions

Pierce: 12.8
    Green: 12.7
    Lee: 10.7
    Bradley: 9.7
    Wilcox: 9.6
    Barbosa: 8.5
    Terry: 7.9
    Crawford: 7.4
    Garnett: 7.3
    Bass: 6.3

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Here is more from the same article probably.  I posted the whole article on the "no opinions added"  Rondo thread a couple days ago  if you want to read it all

Turnovers have been a major issue for Rondo throughout his career, especially as his usage has increased the past three seasons. Two seasons ago, his turnover rate was 24.3. Last year it was 22.8. These high percentages are largely due to his high-risk passes, which are incredibly pretty when they work but cost Boston precious possessions when they don’t.

A quick sampling of individual turnover rates tells an even bigger story.
    Turnovers/100 possessions

Pierce: 12.8
    Green: 12.7
    Lee: 10.7
    Bradley: 9.7
    Wilcox: 9.6
    Barbosa: 8.5
    Terry: 7.9
    Crawford: 7.4
    Garnett: 7.3
    Bass: 6.3

Thanks i must have overlooked it. Very interesting article!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

The Knick guards outscored out guards unless I misadded something like 216 to 140.  That was the difference in the series IMO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

This could be one of the reasons the Celtics are better without Rondo. I read on another site, that rondo's turnover ratio per 100 possessions is 22.6, the worst of any starting point guard in the league.  The ratio for most of the elite point guards is in the low teens to single degits. Paul Pierce who we think turns it over a lot is at a 12.8 ratio per 100 possessions, which is second on the Celtics.  Just another in a growing list of reasons why Danny should try and get the best deal he can for our turnover prone point guard.

14 and 4 without Rondo. There's no telling what our record would be if he had missed the entire season. We may have been fighting the Heat for best record in the East!!

Ky thinks the Celtics may have been fighting the Heat for best record if Rondo didn't play all year!

And he posts on a basketball forum!

8. This post has been removed.