TWilliams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

TWilliams

Good to see him playing and contribution.   Maybe reminds of Derek Smith of back in the day (? UoL connection).   Doesn't seem to shoot well from the outside, but these young players just need to play their role.   Play D,  box out, and on offense most of the time play thru PP, KG and JT.   Let those vets set them up for scores or try and set the vets up.   Don't try and do it all themselves.   For most part this is how TW seems to play.   I thought he was a good player coming out of college.   Now that he's getting game time, I can see that he just needs to get his J together like Corey Brewer of the Nuggets.
       The key to these games are basically: who is gonna play better - The Jet or JKidd?   Last couple games JKidd wasn't making any shots and wasn't a factor.   He's important in how the Knicks flow cause he settles Carmello and Smith.   His team D has been a thorn in the side of the Cs since the days of PP and Antoine.   A key is to not let him play off his man and get away w/ it.   Not let him make steals by double-teaming etc.   I think he may play PP more.   His 3s have been off past couple gms.   If JT can continue to do his thing, then his shooting should be more important than JK's.
       AB is a hustler.   But in the playoffs, then so what.   When he gets picked then his D is neutralized then he's lost.   He's not a good zone or team defensive player.   Doesn't know how to double team or play passing lane or just 'slick' defense.   Can't play defense of a Eric Snow (of back in the day) or Aaron Craft in college.   I think he should just switch when he's gonna get picked and then maybe that can help him stay in the play.   He doesn't seem to speak much on D and all good defensive players do that (see KG and even KPerkins did it).   You have to be like a traffic cop and help your teamates.   AB doesn't seem to play D that way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: TWilliams

Do you think J. Kidd's drop-off has anything to do with the fact that he is surrounded by a bunch of clowns who stopped taking this moment seriously and focused on stupid antics like talking trash (Felton), wearing black (KMAT & co), partying (J.R.) and non-basketball plays at the end of games when you're in control (J.R.)?

I do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

PSYCHED he's in instead of Crawford. They need someone who makes fewer mistakes. The whole team started making those terrible, lazy, lack of focus passes that were getting picked off left and right. Just brain furt types of plays that Crawford makes all the time. They pretty much eliminated those last game.  Plus Williams can rebound and when he does attack the basket does a decent job. I'd like to see him attack and dish tonight, but I suspect that Brandon Bass will be half asleep and won't be ready for the pass so it will go right through his hands. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

as for Bradley, he's playing like a wuss at the moment.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

R9R, JKidd may get them focus'd again.   They've got 1 or 2 games to get it together.   C's got to watch their turnovers and not let JKidd play the passing lanes.... Part of problem is that Cs can't do too much different on offense.   They have no one on the team who can create on offense even when the speed of the game gets quicker.   The best players have older legs and they have no young (or old) point guard

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Do you think J. Kidd's drop-off has anything to do with the fact that he is surrounded by a bunch of clowns who stopped taking this moment seriously and focused on stupid antics like talking trash (Felton), wearing black (KMAT & co), partying (J.R.) and non-basketball plays at the end of games when you're in control (J.R.)?

I do.

Well, he wore that black suit too.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Yeah, thats what age will do to you.  Notice to Pierce, Garnett, Terry, Kobe and Nash who will considerably decline in production and defensive ability next year too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to docc's comment:

Good to see him playing and contribution.   Maybe reminds of Derek Smith of back in the day (? UoL connection).   Doesn't seem to shoot well from the outside, but these young players just need to play their role.   Play D,  box out, and on offense most of the time play thru PP, KG and JT.   Let those vets set them up for scores or try and set the vets up.   Don't try and do it all themselves.   For most part this is how TW seems to play.   I thought he was a good player coming out of college.   Now that he's getting game time, I can see that he just needs to get his J together like Corey Brewer of the Nuggets.

I agree but dont be surprised if you dont see him again

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I like the kid.terrrfic athlete,.plays under control, solid D, and has good handle...perfect off the bench...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Where is that love for this guy coming from. He has a a nice handle for his frame but besides that? Terrible turnovers, horrible shooting (and missed layups) and big time defensive mistakes. His +/- was beyond terrible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

T Will should have played much more. The kid has game but I fear another TA situation if Doc stays. We have a few players that I feel,have shown they belong this season. With KG and PPs future becoming smaller and smaller we are going to have to make some decisions about pace style and rotations.

I really want PP to play from 1st to last game with the Celtics BUT,he is going to have to realize is that he will have to share the load and try to do too much and have be less of a focal point offensively. KG has another year or two physically but does he want to continue the grind mentally when we will not probably be considered a top tier contender next season?

We have some bright spots and good news first being that both AB and Green were recovering from major surgeries and should be be truly 100% physically. I think AB coming back in December and playing as well as he did considering he had to become our starting PG and Green played better than most expected and I don't think they have peeked performance wise. I feel T-Will is also a bright spot,I saw a lot of potential in this kid and I think he returned from China a player that is willing to work at his craft and is more mature andno longer under the dellusion that because he was a lottery pick he would have a starting job given to him and will be a very solid contributor, hopefully on this team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Where is that love for this guy coming from. He has a a nice handle for his frame but besides that? Terrible turnovers, horrible shooting (and missed layups) and big time defensive mistakes. His +/- was beyond terrible.

You got it right, TWill will tease you at times, but will always be the guy who can't shoot, makes terrible turnovers, and have a very low basketball IQ.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

TWill, Shav and DJ White are just salary cap fodder.  Players that can be traded to make salaries match.  The receiving team then just waives them.  You will not see them with the Celts next year.

Sections
Shortcuts