Two Boston Celtics starting for the East in All Star Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Two Boston Celtics starting for the East in All Star Game

Congrats KG and Rondo, KG returning to the game after a one year hiatus, and Rondo starting his 1st All Star game. But wait. HOW?

I thought everyone saw Rondo as an average to below average, cranky, bully point guard with Zero shooting ability and the worst defense in NBA history? Its mind boggling that he is not only on the AS team, but he is STARTING. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Two Boston Celtics starting for the East in All Star Game

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

Congrats KG and Rondo, KG returning to the game after a one year hiatus, and Rondo starting his 1st All Star game. But wait. HOW?

I thought everyone saw Rondo as an average to below average, cranky, bully point guard with Zero shooting ability and the worst defense in NBA history? Its mind boggling that he is not only on the AS team, but he is STARTING. 

That is pretty odd.  Apparently the majority of the people in the country are not as smart as a guy who calls himself Pud.

That's the only explanation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I think you're right.  They are not as smart as Pud.  They only look at stats and PR, not the whole picture (like Coach K did when he did not select Rondo for the Olympic team).  and I completely agree with Pud.

Go google  "most over-rated NBA players".  What you'll find is Rondo comes up on every list and at the top of several lists compiled by SPORTS WRITERS, the analysts who study bball players for a living and know more about basketball than you and/or the voting fans.

The good news is that now maybe he'll have more trade value!!!

Trade: Rondo and Terry 

Fire: Doc

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I think you're right.  They are not as smart as Pud.  They only look at stats and PR, not the whole picture (like Coach K did when he did not select Rondo for the Olympic team).  and I completely agree with Pud.

Go google  "most over-rated NBA players".  What you'll find is Rondo comes up on every list and at the top of several lists compiled by SPORTS WRITERS, the analysts who study bball players for a living and know more about basketball than you and/or the voting fans.

The good news is that now maybe he'll have more trade value!!!

Trade: Rondo and Terry 

Fire: Doc

Me? I never said Rondo was the best pg in the East.  Which of my basketball opinions don't you agree with?

You agree with Pud?  Pud is either a troll or insane. You can't tell? If you can't tell that Pud is just messing around then I don't trust your judgement on hoops either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Your responce and logic is a bit messy:

First, I never accused you of saying Rondo was "the best pg in the east."

Second, I don't know any of your basketball opinions, other than I do not agree with your assessment of Rondo.

Third, I agree with Pud's position that Rondo is over-rated.  I'm not familiar with his position on anything else.

Fourth,  I'm not seeking, nor do I care, if you trust my judgement or not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Your responce and logic is a bit messy:

First, I never accused you of saying Rondo was "the best pg in the east."

Second, I don't know any of your basketball opinions, other than I do not agree with your assessment of Rondo.

Third, I agree with Pud's position that Rondo is over-rated.  I'm not familiar with his position on anything else.

Fourth,  I'm not seeking, nor do I care, if you trust my judgement or not.

Its neat how you rank things in order like that,

Pud doesn't have a position about anything else.  All he talks about is Rondo.

I wouldn't expect you to care if I trust your judgement or not.  That would make you creepy.

What is my assessment of Rondo that you don't agree with? You just said you don't agree with it.

what my assessment of Rondo be?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo being an all star should never matter to a Celtic fan.  In an NBA city with nothing going for it, it might mean something.  By the way Rondo is a very good point guard.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I never know who makes the team and I never watch the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Unfortunately Rondo seems to care way too much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Ahh! I may have mis-interperted your original response as being in complete agreement with the OPs very high opinion of Rondo.  I apologize if that is not the case.  

I'm battle weary from defending my assessment of Rondo's many weaknesses (as well as strengths) and describing why Rondo is not the best floor leader for the Celtics, given the current talent, from his rabid fans.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Ahh! I may have mis-interperted your original response as being in complete agreement with the OPs very high opinion of Rondo.  I apologize if that is not the case.  

I'm battle weary from defending my assessment of Rondo's many weaknesses (as well as strengths) and describing why Rondo is not the best floor leader for the Celtics, given the current talent, from his rabid fans.

Don't mistake me mocking Pud for a total love of Rondo.  No problem.

I am one of those somewhat rare people on this board that think come down in the middle on Rondo. I just get irritated when people act like he is beelzebub instead of what he is, a good point guard who has some big flaws in his game.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Only means Rondo will not be traded. Boston sports fans paying to see Rondo play at the Garden will kill Ainge if Rondo gets traded.

Eldunker said that by January 15 Rondo will be traded already. Didn't happen. Will not happen.

i am one of those fans that would kill ainge...hes a young starting point guard making his 4th apperance and starting this years nba all star game only boston hater fans are the ones that constantly want him gone...just ridiculous

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to celtic213's comment:

Only means Rondo will not be traded. Boston sports fans paying to see Rondo play at the Garden will kill Ainge if Rondo gets traded.

Eldunker said that by January 15 Rondo will be traded already. Didn't happen. Will not happen.

i am one of those fans that would kill ainge...hes a young starting point guard making his 4th apperance and starting this years nba all star game only boston hater fans are the ones that constantly want him gone...just ridiculous

No real Celtic thinks making the All Star team amounts to a hill of beans.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

yeah cuz starting an all star game means you should be traded

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Don't mistake me mocking Pud for a total love of Rondo.  No problem.

I am one of those somewhat rare people on this board that think come down in the middle on Rondo. I just get irritated when people act like he is beelzebub instead of what he is, a good point guard who has some big flaws in his game.

Eldunker thinks Rondo is beelzebub.

Please don't put words in my mouth. I have never even associated the terms Rondo and beelzebub.

I am blunt in my assessment of Rondo both positive and negative.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The point is Rondo's a household name now. Some might think the All-Star amounts to a hill of beans, but there are some who don't see it that way. So it's debatable.

Like I said, explore trading Rondo in the offseason. Trading Rondo now means the season is over.

So your saying that management wants to keep Rondo because of financial reasons and not necessarily becuase of his team play... but exploring a Rondo trade later...becuase he is not a beelzebub as others here think???  Please explain your position regarding Rondo.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The point is Rondo's a household name now. Some might think the All-Star amounts to a hill of beans, but there are some who don't see it that way. So it's debatable.

Like I said, explore trading Rondo in the offseason. Trading Rondo now means the season is over.

So your saying that management wants to keep Rondo because of financial reasons and not necessarily becuase of his team play... but exploring a Rondo trade later...becuase he is not a beelzebub as others here think???  Please explain your position regarding Rondo.

Trading Rondo now would eliminate the Celtics from contention as it would ruin team chemistry. Celtics struggle with their halfcourt offense without Rondo, in case you didn't notice.

In the offseason, if Ainge thinks it's a total rebuild then he will trade Rondo.

I have never said Rondo is untouchable.

We struggle without Rondo because we don't have an adequate backup.  Terry, Lee and Bradley are primarily SG and are just fill-ins at PG.  If we traded Rondo, we would need to address the PG position unless Bradley can work into it which I would love to see.

and you did not answer my question.  What is your honest assessment of Rondo on the Celtics?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Unfortunately Rondo seems to care way too much.

im not sure what player WOULDNT want to be in the ASG. Seriously, why shouldnt he be excited about it? Why shouldnt he care? Who doesnt want to be recognized as a top player in the league? I know if i was in the league i would love to take part in those festivities, especially as a young player. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I actually believe that Tyson Chandler should have been chosen over KG.  It just proves that getting selected to this is sometimes just a popularity contest since the fans vote for this. Not that KG doesn't deserve to be on the team, but considering how well the Knicks are playing, he would have been a better choice.  Also I would rather see the veteran players for the Celtics not participating in the all-star game. 

Sections
Shortcuts