Two Boston Celtics starting for the East in All Star Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Two Boston Celtics starting for the East in All Star Game

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I never know who makes the team and I never watch the game.

Unfortunately Rondo seems to care way too much.

You do realize being a starter in the All Star game doesn't mean your a top player.  It means you won a popularity contest.  If you get chosen by the coaches it means you are what the coachs percieve as a top player.

im not sure what player WOULDNT want to be in the ASG. Seriously, why shouldnt he be excited about it? Why shouldnt he care? Who doesnt want to be recognized as a top player in the league? I know if i was in the league i would love to take part in those festivities, especially as a young player. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Congrats KG and Rondo, KG returning to the game after a one year hiatus, and Rondo starting his 1st All Star game. But wait. HOW?

I thought everyone saw Rondo as an average to below average, cranky, bully point guard with Zero shooting ability and the worst defense in NBA history? Its mind boggling that he is not only on the AS team, but he is STARTING. 

That is pretty odd.  Apparently the majority of the people in the country are not as smart as a guy who calls himself Pud.

That's the only explanation.

You really need to get over your obsession of Pud!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

+1

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Congrats KG and Rondo, KG returning to the game after a one year hiatus, and Rondo starting his 1st All Star game. But wait. HOW?

I thought everyone saw Rondo as an average to below average, cranky, bully point guard with Zero shooting ability and the worst defense in NBA history? Its mind boggling that he is not only on the AS team, but he is STARTING. 

He's starting because Rose is injured and Garnett starts because they eliminated the center position otherwise Chandler would be the (deserving) starter instead. By the way does the All Star game mean anything? Lin gets more votes than Parker, Curry, Westbrook and Harden and he almost got the nod ahead of CP3.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Ahh! I may have mis-interperted your original response as being in complete agreement with the OPs very high opinion of Rondo.  I apologize if that is not the case.  

I'm battle weary from defending my assessment of Rondo's many weaknesses (as well as strengths) and describing why Rondo is not the best floor leader for the Celtics, given the current talent, from his rabid fans.

Don't mistake me mocking Pud for a total love of Rondo.  No problem.

I am one of those somewhat rare people on this board that think come down in the middle on Rondo. I just get irritated when people act like he is beelzebub instead of what he is, a good point guard who has some big flaws in his game.

I don't think your opinion of Rondo is that rare on this board. I, for one, share it.

In any case, the allstar game doesn't matter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

He's starting because Rose is injured and Garnett starts because they eliminated the center position otherwise Chandler would be the (deserving) starter instead. By the way does the All Star game mean anything? Lin gets more votes than Parker, Curry, Westbrook and Harden and he almost got the nod ahead of CP3.

+1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Indeed he does.

Last season, Rondo was moping around because he was not going to be selected for the AS game... playing accordingly lackluster ball. Butt-hurtin' low energy ball. 

Rose gets injured, can't make the game, R9R senses the opportunity to be selected as a replacement AS pick, suddenly plays like a man possessed for 2/3 games, plays with urgency, takes the ball to the hoop, hits his FTs, plays great D... and BINGO.

You guessed it.  He gets selected for the AS game. HOURAY!!!

My sense is that Rondo would take individual honors over team honors any day... and has consistently done so while shaping his game accordingly... to build his brand.

UGH! 

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Indeed he does.

Last season, Rondo was moping around because he was not going to be selected for the AS game... playing accordingly lackluster ball. Butt-hurtin' low energy ball. 

Rose gets injured, can't make the game, R9R senses the opportunity to be selected as a replacement AS pick, suddenly plays like a man possessed for 2/3 games, plays with urgency, takes the ball to the hoop, hits his FTs, plays great D... and BINGO.

You guessed it.  He gets selected for the AS game. HOURAY!!!

My sense is that Rondo would take individual honors over team honors any day... and has consistently done so while shaping his game accordingly... to build his brand.

UGH! 

Pud

there he is.  Rondo's stalker.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

so sez Pud's stalker.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

so sez Pud's stalker.

Pud

You think babe?

Aww.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I was hoping you were going to say that. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I am ambivalent toward Rondo.......if he is traded, and we get Cousins for him, I'm okay with that, if we trade him in the off season, I'm okay with that, too.  If we keep him......ditto.  I do NOT think, however, that Rajon Rondo is the kind of player to build a franchise around.   Who has ever built a team around a PG who can't score??  Based on his regular season inconsistency, I would rank him in the upper THIRD of PG's in the league.  I would rather have Rose, Irving, Paul........and more over him.  In the playoffs?  He is great, but we have to get there first!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I am ambivalent toward Rondo.......if he is traded, and we get Cousins for him, I'm okay with that, if we trade him in the off season, I'm okay with that, too.  If we keep him......ditto.  I do NOT think, however, that Rajon Rondo is the kind of player to build a franchise around.   Who has ever built a team around a PG who can't score??  Based on his regular season inconsistency, I would rank him in the upper THIRD of PG's in the league.  I would rather have Rose, Irving, Paul........and more over him.  In the playoffs?  He is great, but we have to get there first!!!!!!!!

My feelings exactly. He can't carry a team allthough he's a very good player. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

+100

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

All I know is a starting 5 of Garnett, Rondo, LeBron, Wade and Carmello should be dysfunctional as all get out. These guys all pretty much hate each other. I know they're pros, but it'll be pretty interesting to see.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I'm battle weary from defending my assessment of Rondo's many weaknesses (as well as strengths) and describing why Rondo is not the best floor leader for the Celtics, given the current talent, from his rabid fans."

Then let it go. He's not going to be traded this season period, so you may as well take a break from this campaign. 

Siding with Pud doesn't help you, he's an anti-Rondo troll. 

You have a right to criticize Rondo all you want but bringing up the Olympic team stuff is petty. The Celtics aren't playing in the Olympics. 

I will agree with you on this: If the Celtics were playing in the Olympics and this were international basketball, then Rondo should not be our point guard. 

Lots of point guards weren't cut from the Olympic team because they weren't even good enough to be on the Olympic team. Being cut from such a selective group is an honor. The point guards kept in front of Rondo are all better than him. The ones that didn't make the team tryouts at all - most of the league - are worse than him.  Nice going.

Rondo gets the start in the All Star game and deservedly so. But, that's mostly because Deron Williams is having an off year and Rose is hurt. But, he gets the start, he earned it. And his shooting percentage is way up. Enjoy Rondo, he'll be on the team the rest of the year. As for next year, I'm going to hold off and see how this season plays out and then offer an assessment when there is a full season of Rondo as "our leader" to assess.

KG on the other hand does not deserve the start, this should have gone to Chandler. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" I would rather have Rose, Irving, Paul........and more over him. "

Nice argument - Rose who has not played for more than a year. Paul who himself has had a heck of time staying healthy. You base your argument on consistency in the regular season and yet two of the three players you cite have a heck of a time staying healthy in the regular season. 

If anything you should give Rondo an edge over Rose and Paul for being able to stay more consistently on the floor and put in more minutes. That's one of the few areas where he has an edge over those guys. Irving isn't even in that discussion yet, not enough time in the NBA to prove his durability.

By the way Rondo was drafted 21st, Chris Paul 4th, Derrick Rose 1st, and Kylie Irving drafted 1st as well. So yeah, you'd rather have guys that were drafted in the top four, and/or twenty picks higher than Rondo, than Rondo. And that's somehow an insult to Rondo that you see him as a bit inferior to guys who were consensus top one and top five picks. 

I'd say you have just made a compelling argument for why Rondo is a pretty incredible player for the Celtics who have not have the privelege to draft in the top five. And now people think that other teams will trade a top five pick for Rondo or that Rondo should be traded at a discount because you don't like his game. Not gonna happen. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

That is pretty odd.  Apparently the majority of the people in the country are not as smart as a guy who calls himself Pud.

Why? It's obviously bothering him.  And he deserves to be bothered.

It's cute how you stick up for him though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

" I would rather have Rose, Irving, Paul........and more over him. "

Nice argument - Rose who has not played for more than a year. Paul who himself has had a heck of time staying healthy. You base your argument on consistency in the regular season and yet two of the three players you cite have a heck of a time staying healthy in the regular season. 

If anything you should give Rondo an edge over Rose and Paul for being able to stay more consistently on the floor and put in more minutes. That's one of the few areas where he has an edge over those guys. Irving isn't even in that discussion yet, not enough time in the NBA to prove his durability.

By the way Rondo was drafted 21st, Chris Paul 4th, Derrick Rose 1st, and Kylie Irving drafted 1st as well. So yeah, you'd rather have guys that were drafted in the top four, and/or twenty picks higher than Rondo, than Rondo. And that's somehow an insult to Rondo that you see him as a bit inferior to guys who were consensus top one and top five picks. 

I'd say you have just made a compelling argument for why Rondo is a pretty incredible player for the Celtics who have not have the privelege to draft in the top five. And now people think that other teams will trade a top five pick for Rondo or that Rondo should be traded at a discount because you don't like his game. Not gonna happen. 

+1

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

its very very interesting, that in years past you heard alot of " Rondo wasnt even picked for the all star team, he had to be voted in as a reserve", and now that Rondo is in, the excuses are FLOWING! "Rose is injured, All Star game doesnt matter, Hes only in it bc he wanted it soooo bad!"

PATHETIC!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I never know who makes the team and I never watch the game.

You do realize being a starter in the All Star game doesn't mean your a top player.  It means you won a popularity contest.  If you get chosen by the coaches it means you are what the coachs percieve as a top player.

im not sure what player WOULDNT want to be in the ASG. Seriously, why shouldnt he be excited about it? Why shouldnt he care? Who doesnt want to be recognized as a top player in the league? I know if i was in the league i would love to take part in those festivities, especially as a young player. 

ok, so what starters in the ASG for BOTH SIDES arent top players at their positions in the league? Lebron? KD? CP3? oh...only Rondo and KG, the Celtics players, arent top players. Interesting. 

Sections
Shortcuts