Two burning questions coming out of the Denver game...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Two burning questions coming out of the Denver game...

1) how could espn have JON barry, the same rat who refused to sign with boston do color on a BOSTON game?

2) WHERE did whack job JR smith go when he was yanked for abhorrent bombing in the late third or fourth quarter?  he ran right to the locker room!  everyone looked scared on the DEN bench.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Two burning questions coming out of the Denver game...

yes, i know.  utterly unimportant.  just trying to spice up a dead board following the blowout of a languid team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

He did give us a nice shot as he said we were the best team both in the east and the league. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Two more burning question that you missed, acie.

Why doesn't Rondo take the time off to fully heal?

Is this what Rondo is going to look like when he loses a step and still can't throw the ball into the ocean? Oodles of dimes but scores in the low single digits and gets eaten alive by even the 2nd tier (but suddenly much quicker) PGs in the NBA.

Ty Lawson had a 24/7 game.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

First off, thanks for making me look up the word "languid", Im a wiser man now. lol

I agree with the question of why is Rondo still out there, especially with big minutes when his hamstring/foot are still concerns?

Also, anyone catch Rondos first assist of the night? The no-look, over the shoulder heave from under the basket to outside the 3 pt line...right on the money... to Ray  SWISH!!

I mean, that was sick!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Two burning questions coming out of the Denver game...:
    [QUOTE]Two more burning question that you missed, acie. Why doesn't Rondo take the time off to fully heal? Is this what Rondo is going to look like when he loses a step and still can't throw the ball into the ocean?
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

now you're being serious, i was about half serious about rodent jon barry doing color on a celts game, kind of like the heat miser giving a talk on global warming.

i don't understand why the franchise would risk long term /aggravating an existing injury to rondo with delonte already shelved.  now is a good time to focus on getting nate fully functional with a marquis / delonte figure running the point, right?

and i can't personally fathom a rondo with a lost step unable to shoot.  there is no precedent for it in the league because when jacque vaughan and speedy claxton slowed down, they bowed out of the league.

rondo did have an illuminating quote to the other bimbo behind a mic last night (not barry) before the game when asked about his shooting woes- "if i was on a team that didn't have all these great shooters, i'd be a better shooter." young ronodo said.  

well folks, that pretty much spells it out for you.  42% from the charity stripe is a-ok with rajon. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

You know, this (injuries) is one thing that burns me uo with this team.  They are so inconsistent regarding injuries.  Last week Doc said JON would not play until he's 100%.  100%?  What does that mean?  Who's 100%?

Yet, when the most important piece of your team is obviously nagged by injuries (hamstring/foot), and it shows in his play, you play him.  I would bet my house that Rondo is scratched from tonight's game vs Philly.  Shaq and Semih play without JON.  Nate and Avery play without Rondo.

Rondo's first assist was sick as was the one to Semih on the break.  However, his overthrow of Shaq that sailed into the first row and the attempted lead pass that clanged off the rim are "blooper material".  For every sweet assist by Rondo, he makes a ridiculous turnover while attempting to get another.

If anyone believes Rondo's illuminating quote holds any truth, they need to have their head checked.  To suggest you are not a better shooter BECAUSE of all the great shooters on your team, that's a copout.  Not a bright quote.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

[QUOTE]You know, this (injuries) is one thing that burns me uo with this team.  They are so inconsistent regarding injuries.  Last week Doc said JON would not play until he's 100%.  100%?  What does that mean?  Who's 100%? Yet, when the most important piece of your team is obviously nagged by injuries (hamstring/foot), and it shows in his play, you play him.  I would bet my house that Rondo is scratched from tonight's game vs Philly.  Shaq and Semih play without JON.  Nate and Avery play without Rondo. Rondo's first assist was sick as was the one to Semih on the break.  However, his overthrow of Shaq that sailed into the first row and the attempted lead pass that clanged off the rim are "blooper material".  For every sweet assist by Rondo, he makes a ridiculous turnover while attempting to get another. If anyone believes Rondo's illuminating quote holds any truth, they need to have their head checked.  To suggest you are not a better shooter BECAUSE of all the great shooters on your team, that's a copout.  Not a bright quote.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]
     The quote is 100 percent true. The more you shoot the better rythym and feel for you shot you get. He is asked to get everyone else going,but last year against the Cavs,when he was asked to score he did.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

[QUOTE]First off, thanks for making me look up the word "languid", Im a wiser man now. lol I agree with the question of why is Rondo still out there, especially with big minutes when his hamstring/foot are still concerns? Also, anyone catch Rondos first assist of the night? The no-look, over the shoulder heave from under the basket to outside the 3 pt line...right on the money... to Ray  SWISH!! I mean, that was sick!!
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I don't know when I've seen a more amazing pass than that one.  I'm surprised it's not getting more play than it has.  Only jon seemed to really appreciate how tough that pass was.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Rondo should not play tonight and heal.
    Don't even let him on the plane
    More Semih!!!

I thought (don't kill me) Wafer was .......okay.  Nice crossover move, another decent shot.  Horrible turnover, though.  He is clearly rusty, but I think he could be a mini-JR Smith if given reasonable time........maybe tonight!!

Speaking of ole JR, I, too wonder what happened to him.  They showed him run in, and never mentioned it again.  Very strange!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two burning questions coming out of the Denver game... :  The quote is 100 percent true. The more you shoot the better rythym and feel for you shot you get. He is asked to get everyone else going,but last year against the Cavs,when he was asked to score he did.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

Good point Notrade.  However, I'm not talking about a two-week period in the playoffs against the Cavs where Rondo scores more than usual.  I'm talking about Rondo's overall skill consistently over the course of a season.

If Rondo committed to improving his shot, THROUGH PRACTICE, he would get his share of the shots in games.  Heck, Doc is practically demanding he take more now.  Because he does not commit to it, he's reluctant to take them and he "settles" for assists.  Imagine how much more dangerous Rondo would be if a defender knew he could consistently hit the mid-range shot.  And he would take less pounding going to the rim.

Your (Rondo's) arguement can go both ways.  The other way goes -- if Rondo was a much-better shooter, REGARDLESS of his teammates, he'd take more shots, confidently, and make more.  He's selling himself short by claiming he'd be better if he did not have the great shooters already on the team.

Rondo should be working to master his shot and IF HE WAS DOING THAT, we'd see an improvement.

notrade, you can't tell me that it's acceptable that Rondo doesn't work on his shot because of the great shooters on the team?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]You know, this (injuries) is one thing that burns me uo with this team.  They are so inconsistent regarding injuries.  Last week Doc said JON would not play until he's 100%.  100%?  What does that mean? 

now you're onto something petey!  jerlame is nursed along at a frighteningly slow pace with an amorphous injury that encompasses an entire leg it seems, and then they just think rondo will play out of it.

doc and danny have to get smart about this season.  and if we have the same record as last year at the end of it then so be it.  what i am saying is you have to take care of everything just right. 

rondo is hurt, so rest him.  and in the mean time, move the nate undersized 2 experiment into hyper-drive to see what we have with that option for nut cupping time..

if that means losing a couple of games then who cares.

i'd really also like to burn a question into doc's mind with WHAT was KG doing on the floor with 2 and change left in the fourth quarter and we're up 15??  i mean really.  that is the time for a bbd/semi 4/5 tandem and throw in some assorted bench chum to round it out.

i'm growing increasingly afraid the more that i see that mgt/doc is focusing on regular season record and sacrificing doing things the right way.  denver could have been beaten by a div 2 college team last night and here we are running rondo extended minutes on a bad wheel.  and other things.  crazy.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE] To suggest you are not a better shooter BECAUSE of all the great shooters on your team, that's a copout.  Not a bright quote.

Its true though. 

Management has never required that Rondo become a better shooter.

Its not something Rondo would do on his own. Given his perference, Rondo would shoot nothing but gimmes because they come naturally to him.

Blame coddling management/player development for enabling the current situation.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blame coddling management/player development for enabling the current situation. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

best i can figure, danny is the one who started it with handing the keys to the joint to rajon after 20 games of footloose rookie year on a basement team- suddenly he was the "starter of our future" which is fine but there were caveats needed that were never given as pre-conditions for the defining point of "future".

instead it was just given to him and he's never learned to shoot a lick because he hasn't had to.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Pud, you might be right but I don't buy that notion.  Rondo's not a better shooter because HE has decided not to become one.  You are right that management has allowed that to manifest but it still falls on Rondo.

However, whatever management has allowed, it's up to HIM to do everything in his power to become the best ALL AROUND PG in the NBA.

Maybe its me but how does a player disregard developing a major aspect of his game?  How does a professional athlete NOT sharpen a part of his game that is lacking.

Rondo is a beast but imagine if he had a consistent jump shot?  He'd be unstoppable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

1. Brent Barry was better than Jon Barry

2. who cares man ?

3. I was shocked to see Rondo tonight , he should have rested but I'm glad we won. Big game, don't kid yourself. We need to keep pace.

4. Erden was big time again tonight. Best #60 pick in Celtic history ?
    Without a doubt...I like this guy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe its me but how does a player disregard developing a major aspect of his game?  How does a professional athlete NOT sharpen a part of his game that is lacking. Rondo is a beast but imagine if he had a consistent jump shot?  He'd be unstoppable.

what's more amazing to me is that the big 3 haven't pinned him up against the wall in the locker room (like kg and shak had nate up on the wall during pre-season) and told him to do it (get the shot down) or else..........??

rondo is a jumper and a free throw shot short of a full happy meal.  with those two simple ingredients he could be the best in the game at his position.  it's maddening.

Sections
Shortcuts