Two games into it, we are once again relentless....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Two games into it, we are once again relentless....

in how we are playing ray allen.  39 mins in game 1, 35 and change in game 2. 

do we ever learn?  marquis has played well.  wafer is an able body who came on late in training camp. 

if we (read: DANNY AND DOC) do not get this ray allen minute situation FIGURED OUT, this team has no chance of going deep as ray will be in a deep freeze just like the last three years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Two games into it, we are once again relentless....

In Response to Two games into it, we are once again relentless....:
    [QUOTE]in how we are playing ray allen.  39 mins in game 1, 35 and change in game 2.  do we ever learn?  marquis has played well.  wafer is an able body who came on late in training camp.  if we (read: DANNY AND DOC) do not get this ray allen minute situation FIGURED OUT, this team has no chance of going deep as ray will be in a deep freeze just like the last three years.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

I think it's more of Delonte being absent than not giving Wafer a chance. Against the Cavs Wafer wasn't effective. I didn't understand why he kept driving to the basket when he should be looking for his shot from the outside.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

In Response to Re: Two games into it, we are once again relentless....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Two games into it, we are once again relentless.... : I think it's more of Delonte being absent than not giving Wafer a chance. Against the Cavs Wafer wasn't effective. I didn't understand why he kept driving to the basket when he should be looking for his shot from the outside.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Is it painful for you when people can't see what is painfully obvious?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two games into it, we are once again relentless.... : Is it painful for you when people can't see what is painfully obvious?
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two games into it, we are once again relentless.... : Is it painful for you when people can't see what is painfully obvious?
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

it's painfully obvious to me that it's not worth taxing ray allen out to the max for any stretch of this regular season.  we've done it too much already.  shake it up a little go small with nate and rondo for spurts.  do something, but for goodness sake, let's quit playing ray like he's 24 again. 

let wafer work out the kinks.  or cut him loose and get someone else on staff.  quick like.  check out another painfully obvious thing- delonte is always injured.  so since we have hired a bunch of habitual gimps this year, we have to get it done by committee at multiple positions for the bench guys and not wait around until game 50 x 35+ mins a game on ray to get down to it.

those things are painfully obvious to me.  you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two games into it, we are once again relentless.... : it's painfully obvious to me that it's not worth taxing ray allen out to the max for any stretch of this regular season.  we've done it too much already.  shake it up a little go small with nate and rondo for spurts.  do something, but for goodness sake, let's quit playing ray like he's 24 again.  let wafer work out the kinks.  or cut him loose and get someone else on staff.  quick like.  check out another painfully obvious thing- delonte is always injured.  so since we have hired a bunch of habitual gimps this year, we have to get it done by committee at multiple positions for the bench guys and not wait around until game 50 x 35+ mins a game on ray to get down to it. those things are painfully obvious to me.  you?

Even if you replace Wafer with another SG it would still take time for that new player to get acclimated to the Celtics system.

If Ray Allen continues to average 36 minutes per game, even if Delonte is back, then we really have a problem with the coaching.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc is sometimes stubborn and hard to understand. Ray wasnt very effective last night, but neither was Wafer or Nate.  Ray constantly tries to be a PG which hes 100,000,000 miles from being. Spot ups & driving an open lane should be his limitations. Handling the ball or driving the baseline when its obviously clogged and Ray turns into Tony Allen. An automatic turnover.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

It was just not Ray's night, 0-5 from 3pt land is proof of that. 

A win against the Knicks tomorrow will make it all better. Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]It was just not Ray's night, 0-5 from 3pt land is proof of that.  A win against the Knicks tomorrow will make it all better. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Its never Rays night when hes handling the ball. His shooting you cant worry about. Hes missing open shots and I dont know why he seems so streaky, maybe the miuntes played, who knows. 

In the finals he was a nightmare shooting but at least you could say he was exhausted from giving Kobe fits defensively. he did a great job on Kobe.

Ray is a streaky shooter, more so than I thought. If Eddie got 6 open looks you know 2-3 minimum are going down almost everytime. Not so with Ray.  Hard to figure with his work ethic...  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: even if Delonte is back, then we really have a problem with the coaching.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

c'mon man.  you talk like "delonte being back" is money in the bank mentally or physically.  the guy is injured for significant stretches each year and he has added legitimate crazy problems to that the last two years. 

to me, delonte is a risk like jerlame o'neal.  and not one you blow a whole season trying to figure out.  if the injuries or the crazies keep up, delonte is worth nothing to the team.  i hope he gets help and all that but if he's around for his normal 45 games this year for us, or on that pace, he should be CUT.

trust me, we are on target to wear the treads off of ray's sneakers again.  PLAY THAT YOUNG MARQUIS KID 30 MINS A GAME before you run the living daylights out of ray for 35, 39 and who knows what treats we have in store coming up!  c'mon!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In the finals he was a nightmare shooting but at least you could say he was exhausted from giving Kobe fits defensively. Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

it's not hard to figure- let's be clear on this man- the LAST THREE YEARS ray has disappeared for LONG STRETCHES of the playoffs after being played 8 to 10 minutes too much per game all year long!  let's call it 8 mins per game x the last 240+ regular season games- well dang, that's 3200 minutes of OVER USE!!!

double ankle surgery- if you don't have the wheels you don't have the shot.  it may be subtle to ray but as a guy who wrecked his ankles playing this game, i know that they're never quite the same once a doc puts them back together.  you can't just play him more than ever at this age w/o serious repurcussions and risk of further injury as he drags himself around overused in all these minutes that he is performing poorly at anyway!

it's time to stop tempting fate.  especially with games against the cavs.  i don't care if we go 8-12 in the first 20 trying to figure out the rotation but we need the right players playing the right minutes.  NOW!  and if we don't have 'em on hand then we need to find them.  fast.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two games into it, we are once again relentless.... : c'mon man.  you talk like "delonte being back" is money in the bank mentally or physically.  the guy is injured for significant stretches each year and he has added legitimate crazy problems to that the last two years.  to me, delonte is a risk like jerlame o'neal.  and not one you blow a whole season trying to figure out.  if the injuries or the crazies keep up, delonte is worth nothing to the team.  i hope he gets help and all that but if he's around for his normal 45 games this year for us, or on that pace, he should be CUT. trust me, we are on target to wear the treads off of ray's sneakers again.  PLAY THAT YOUNG MARQUIS KID 30 MINS A GAME before you run the living daylights out of ray for 35, 39 and who knows what treats we have in store coming up!  c'mon!

Playing Daniels more will not help because he's not a shooter. 

I think it's best if we wait for Delonte's return. That way we'll know for sure if the "treads" are really at risk of wearing out or not. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two games into it, we are once again relentless.... : Playing Daniels more will not help because he's not a shooter.  Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

daniels has been a nice driving aggressive force and shown the corner 3 better than tony allen has for years.  but beyond that, you plug NATE ROB in with him to cover the shooting problem.  it's like a straight exchange b/t rondo/ray and nate/marquis, no?  you have outside shooting in both of those tandems.

Sections
Shortcuts