Two New Celtics in 2+ Weeks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Two New Celtics in 2+ Weeks

Its no secret that the Celtics WILL trade for a center or a PF/C (like Garnett) who can rebound. Will most likely be a three way team trade.  Listed in order of my priority and probably available for the right price:     

1. Cousins,  2. Gortat,  3. Love,  4. Varejao,  5. Aldridge;  6. Nene/Kaman - Tier 2: Zeller, Oakfor 

The Celtics also badly need a scorer at the SG position. Unfortueately Terry and Lee are not producing and Terry's defense is dibilitating.  I see Bradley playing both SG and PG. 

1. Mayo,  2. Evens,  3. JJ Reddick,  4. Belinelli,  5. Jordon Crawford

Players the Celtics will not trade:  Bradley, Green, Garnett (C's will keep Lee if Rondo is traded)

MY prediction is that Rondo and Terry (and other(s)) will be traded.  We're not getting a top tier center without trading Rondo IMO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Two New Celtics in 2+ Weeks

they are not trading Rondo..............

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Just an FYI.  The Sacramento sports talk have been pushing that Cousins will be gone soon and they say the rumors here are Boston.  I would rather have Gortat or Varejo because they are team players and fit the need.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I believe that Ainge makes his move this weekend in Sactown. I think several Celtics will be left with the Kings before they return to Beantown and AB comes back.

I think it's going to be a combination of Bass, Lee, Melo and multiple picks to land a combo of Cousins, Evans and Fredette.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

This is way out there IMHO.  I would expect exactly zero of this to happen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I believe that Ainge makes his move this weekend in Sactown. I think several Celtics will be left with the Kings before they return to Beantown and AB comes back.

I think it's going to be a combination of Bass, Lee, Melo and multiple picks to land a combo of Cousins, Evans and Fredette.

[/QUOTE]

Bass can't be traded until Jan. 15.

[/QUOTE]

I think Ainge being on this trip as others have mentioned is very telling.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bass can't be traded until Jan. 15.

[/QUOTE]

I think Ainge being on this trip as others have mentioned is very telling.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

Ainge goes on nearly every road trip.  Always has.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Garnet likes the kid (cousins) and that must have some weight specially how bad the C's are looking

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

1. Cousins has said he doesn't want to go.  
    2. Sac has said they're not dealing him.  
    3. He's a major head case like the league has seldom seen.

Three strikes.  Next.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to NYCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Three strikes.  Next.

[/QUOTE]

KnOw It AlL...NeXtT

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry...perhaps you don't understand. NOBODY is going to trade quality players, ESPECIALLY A YOUNG TALENTED STARTING CENTER, for trash.  The players you mention (except Terry not Lee) PLUS two first round picks could get Cousins... best case, maybe... but then we still need a SG or the center acquisition will be a long term solution...and we waste the remaining value of Pierce and Garnett...  Rondo has to go in order for us to get a quality young Center to anchor the team for the future.  And then we trade our rubish plus picks to get the starting SG. Bradley to PG with Lee as backup. Someone like Evens or Mayo at SG, with Pierce, Garnett, Cousins and Green with big minutes as 6th man.  That team can hunt and could compete with any team in the NBA for the Championship.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Three strikes.  Next.

[/QUOTE]

KnOw It AlL...NeXtT

[/QUOTE]

It's just the facts.  We wouldn't take that chance anyway.  He's simply Vin Baker without the happy hour.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry...perhaps you don't understand. NOBODY is going to trade quality players, ESPECIALLY A YOUNG TALENTED STARTING CENTER, for trash.  The players you mention (except Terry not Lee) PLUS two first round picks could get Cousins... best case, maybe... but then we still need a SG or the center acquisition will be a long term solution...and we waste the remaining value of Pierce and Garnett...  Rondo has to go in order for us to get a quality young Center to anchor the team for the future.  And then we trade our rubish plus picks to get the starting SG. Bradley to PG with Lee as backup. Someone like Evens or Mayo at SG, with Pierce, Garnett, Cousins and Green with big minutes as 6th man.  That team can hunt and could compete with any team in the NMBA for the Championship.  

[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? The Kings know they have damaged goods with Cousins and no one is going to give them premium players for him right now. Melo gives thema C back and the picks give them something to build on. No one is saying they would have to build around Lee and Bass. Now is the time to get him while the bargaining power is good. He's a headache to the Kings and they aren't picking up wins with him which makes it twice as bad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry...perhaps you don't understand. NOBODY is going to trade quality players, ESPECIALLY A YOUNG TALENTED STARTING CENTER, for trash.  The players you mention (except Terry not Lee) PLUS two first round picks could get Cousins... best case, maybe... but then we still need a SG or the center acquisition will be a long term solution...and we waste the remaining value of Pierce and Garnett...  Rondo has to go in order for us to get a quality young Center to anchor the team for the future.  And then we trade our rubish plus picks to get the starting SG. Bradley to PG with Lee as backup. Someone like Evens or Mayo at SG, with Pierce, Garnett, Cousins and Green with big minutes as 6th man.  That team can hunt and could compete with any team in the NBA for the Championship.  

[/QUOTE]

None of that is going to happen!!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

[/QUOTE]

None of that is going to happen!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

You've got that right...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

oh, so Vin Baker at his peak, without the happy hour = all star... plus 4 inches in height, younger, more athletic, and played on a championship team.  Yeah, I'll take that deal. A 22 year old immaturity with support is fixable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Someone like KG is exactly what Cousins needs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

[QUOTE]

oh, so Vin Baker at his peak, without the happy hour = all star... plus 4 inches in height, younger, more athletic, and played on a championship team.  Yeah, I'll take that deal. A 22 year old immaturity with support is fixable.

[/QUOTE]

The point is both are lost causes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

Where does the mystique that KG can fix just about any attitude problem come from?  Other than the fact that he's as intense as they come and I absolutely love having him on our team is there any player who's butt he's actually been able to kick into shape?  When they're a lost cause it's all over and Cousins has some serious issues.  He's even snubbed the suggestion from his current team that he should get help after several people within the organization expressed concern.  We want to bring this in the house?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

Ainge goes on nearly every road trip.  Always has.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that.  Have not seen him in the stands on many road trips. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Celtics need something fast, but I don't think it will matter in the end. Pierce is too old, as is Terry and even KG. Although he still impresses the h_ll out of me. How about trading Pierce?????? I am sure I am going to be hung out to dry for that suggestion. Bass can go Jan. 15th. C's need a rebounder. Doc should be embarrassed he has not taught his team the art of rebounding. It is called boxing out your man. All C's should be working on that. Stop worrying about the fast break. Rebound first.

Sections
Shortcuts