In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

oh, so Vin Baker at his peak, without the happy hour = all star... plus 4 inches in height, younger, more athletic, and played on a championship team.  Yeah, I'll take that deal. A 22 year old immaturity with support is fixable.

[/QUOTE]

Immaturity versus mental issues.  One is fixable, the other is not.  You can only deal with mental illness.  Once you have spent some time dealing with it, you will understand that it is not fixable.  Cousins' issues are not maturity.  I don't think that the Celts should go near him.

[/QUOTE]

i agree...

[/QUOTE]

Don't you think Ainge and Doc will be better able to determine if he is immature or mentally ill? They are not stupid.  The league has had crazy guys before.  They can find this stuff out.

[/QUOTE]
    i don't think they are stupid....but why do the kings want to get rid of him if he's so good? maybe he has more talent or athletic ability than sully...but i'll take sully as of right now.

[/QUOTE]

All I am saying is that Danny and Doc can get much better information than we can and make a good decision.

[/QUOTE]

i understand that...all i'm saying i don't want him...i'd rather keep sully...that guy has a good head on his shoulders..and he can play some ball...strong under the basket for rebounds..his shot will get blocked alot..so what.

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  Who care who YOU want?  You would rather have Sully over Cousins ? HAHAHA  and your commentary is as profound as a 5th grader..."he can play some strong ball"  WOW.   

[/QUOTE]

are you in special ed?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

Re: Two New Celtics in 2+ Weeks

We have all seen how media covering all topics love to create a story.

Doubtful the Celtics have any sincere interest in Cousins anyway.  They've worked too hard to maintain a competitive team to risk bringing someone in whose problems, while not completely determined or public, appear to be deep.

I do get the opinion on keeping Sully over Cousins.  While Sully isn't in Cousins' league in terms of front court ability he is a smart team oriented player.  Sully will never be a star and probably never a starter but he is reliable and provides solid depth.  Having Sully behind a solid power forward on the depth chart you know you're rotation to the second unit will keep the pace.  That power forward may come in the draft or a future deal, but I do see the point some are trying to make about preferring Sully over bringing in a high-risk proposition like Cousins.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Here's my guess we're in Sacramento tommorow,the Kings want to dump D Cousins desperatly, so we trade Lee, Terry and a pick for DC,Evans and Fredette. I worked out the trade on ESPNs trade machine and financially it works. Lee and Terry give Sac some vets that aren't opposed to give and take with Thorton and Thomas, would get out from 3 players that aren't in ling term plans anymore and a pick that gives them a chance for a do over. We get some really nice pieces at a fairly low risk. Evans is in the last year of his contract and the Kings have balked at resigning him, Cousins has flat out worn out his welcome and they alleviate the locals calling for Fredette . I think it is a win win we get a dynamic young player rhat we have 1st dibs at in Evans that can help us right away,we get a decent backup PG that has range and a a very talented headcase with 2years left on his rookie salary. As another bonus we get out from paying Lee and Terry combined 35 mil and exchange it for 12 million in salary commitments

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I thought it was Dec 15, I'm not sure, I'll take your word on it . but that really would be a good trade for both teams with a decent risk/reward for both.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Someone like KG is exactly what Cousins needs.

[/QUOTE]

Looks like you never had to deal with a person with mental illness.  I suppose Celts should also get Royce White from Houston for a 2nd. round pick?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he could ride on the back of Donte West's motorsickle(since he's afraid of flying). Hopefully it seats three cuz LB's mom will be already there, beaming...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

We do not trade Sully, Green and Melo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are the stars for the future.

Get rid of Bass please.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I would never consider trading Rondo until I can see the combo of him and Bradley playing together for a few games as I feel they could be one of the best PG duos in the game. BUT, although we will improve, we will not be championship calibre as our only biggie is KG. Sullinger is improving and reminds me of Big Baby whom I miss actually but is only 6'9". All our other Fowards are average some having good nights and then bad nights. We need a 6'11"/ 7 footer like Cousins and, unfortunately, need to keep Rondo & A Bradley who can drive to to the basket and or pass to Garnett, better playing PF, while Cousins is in the post to dunk a pass & get rebounds for 2nd chances.

Can we get Cousins by giving up 2 of the following 4, Bass, Green, Lee, Terry  & a draft pick---dunno ???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

DeMarcus Cousins - F/C - Kings

According to former Kings beat writer Sam Amick, DeMarcus Cousins' reinstatement from suspension on Dec. 24 was "made unilaterally by the team's owners and went against the wishes and planned protocol of the team's front office."

Keith Smart was informed of the decision but was later "allowed" to bench Cousins for Wednesday's game, while GM Geoff Petrie, who has been with the Kings for 19 years, "was not a key part of the reinstatement process." Roughly speaking, this leaves us with a disgruntled (to be kind) franchise player who is being pressured to take the team's suggestion that he see a psychiatrist, a puppet coach whose rotations and game management defy logic, a GM who is reduced to a cipher now at the most critical junctures (and who is "all but certain" to leave the team after the season), and a pair of nouveau-broke millionaire owners who are trying to sell the Kings at an above-value price of $500 million on the pretext that a new owner could move it to a more lucrative market. At this point, the only dignified thing that could save the NBA's image here is for the other owners to pressure the Maloofs to sell the team to Sacto buyers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

Its no secret that the Celtics WILL trade for a center or a PF/C (like Garnett) who can rebound. Will most likely be a three way team trade.  Listed in order of my priority and probably available for the right price:     

1. Cousins,  2. Gortat,  3. Love,  4. Varejao,  5. Aldridge;  6. Nene/Kaman - Tier 2: Zeller, Oakfor 

The Celtics also badly need a scorer at the SG position. Unfortueately Terry and Lee are not producing and Terry's defense is dibilitating.  I see Bradley playing both SG and PG. 

1. Mayo,  2. Evens,  3. JJ Reddick,  4. Belinelli,  5. Jordon Crawford

Players the Celtics will not trade:  Bradley, Green, Garnett (C's will keep Lee if Rondo is traded)

MY prediction is that Rondo and Terry (and other(s)) will be traded.  We're not getting a top tier center without trading Rondo IMO.

[/QUOTE]B I N G O   !!!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Its no secret that the Celtics WILL trade for a center or a PF/C (like Garnett) who can rebound. Will most likely be a three way team trade.  Listed in order of my priority and probably available for the right price:     

1. Cousins,  2. Gortat,  3. Love,  4. Varejao,  5. Aldridge;  6. Nene/Kaman - Tier 2: Zeller, Oakfor 

The Celtics also badly need a scorer at the SG position. Unfortueately Terry and Lee are not producing and Terry's defense is dibilitating.  I see Bradley playing both SG and PG. 

1. Mayo,  2. Evens,  3. JJ Reddick,  4. Belinelli,  5. Jordon Crawford

Players the Celtics will not trade:  Bradley, Green, Garnett (C's will keep Lee if Rondo is traded)

MY prediction is that Rondo and Terry (and other(s)) will be traded.  We're not getting a top tier center without trading Rondo IMO.

GREAT POST......   Rondo has to go !!

Sections
Shortcuts