Two Number Ones, Rondo and Big Expiring Contracts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Two Number Ones, Rondo and Big Expiring Contracts

Its possible, in the near future, Danny will be able to recycle the Celtic tradition of being highly competitive, in a relatively short amount of time.  At least, he will be able to build around Rondo or the latter will be a very big trading chip.  The Celts will not need to start from scratch and there will be assets (draft choices and big expiring contracts) to hopefully find very good players, soon.  But this year the Championship is the objective.  Go Oldtimers!   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Two Number Ones, Rondo and Big Expiring Contracts

In Response to Two Number Ones, Rondo and Big Expiring Contracts:
    [QUOTE]Its possible, in the near future, Danny will be able to recycle the Celtic tradition of being highly competitive, in a relatively short amount of time.  At least, he will be able to build around Rondo or the latter will be a very big trading chip.  The Celts will not need to start from scratch and there will be assets (draft choices and big expiring contracts) to hopefully find very good players, soon.  But this year the Championship is the objective.  Go Oldtimers!   
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]
    Cavs fans you look at it with the just the right amount of optimism. I am going to try to get my self in that frame of mind. Thanks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

I like to look at it that way too, except that those 2 number ones don't look to be all that valuable.  I think they're the Clippers and Celtics picks, which if the draft was based on today's standings, would mean picking 17 and 22nd. 

Free agents can be hard to get, especially with the new rules (if it comes down to money, the free agent will make more staying with the team he's on). 

And in looking at this list (http://www.hoopsworld.com/2012-nba-free-agents) I don't see too many free agents that would turn a team around.  Dwight Howard, sure, but he's a longshot.  Then there's Deron Williams who also seems like a longshot (and IMO not a guy to build a team around).  Eric Gordon looks like the best option out there.  The only option really if you're talking about a big-name free agent that you're going to throw a lot of money at.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

go get smith...then go get howard. we'll be fine. what you don't wanna do is facilitate some other team's (LA, dallas) ability to go get the guys we want buy making trades that help them free up cap space. or buy trading players (rondo) that make other destinations more desireable. in other words, you wouldn't want to trade rondo, plus some expiring contract to LA so that LA becomes a more likely destination for howard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

Optimism is great. A good GM could probably make something happen with this situation. Unfortunately, the guy pulling the strings is the village idiot - Danny Ainge.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Two Number Ones, Rondo and Big Expiring Contracts": [QUOTE]go get smith...then go get howard. we'll be fine. what you don't wanna do is facilitate some other team's (LA, dallas) ability to go get the guys we want buy making trades that help them free up cap space. or buy trading players (rondo) that make other destinations more desireable. in other words, you wouldn't want to trade rondo, plus some expiring contract to LA so that LA becomes a more likely destination for howard. Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE] Smith is very athletic, but not a great player. He doesn't shoot well and takes dumb shots. He doesn't bring the total energy every night. He's an underachiever. I'd rather use the draft choices to trade up or trade a player like JJJ and a draft choice to trade up. If DH is available, I am all for getting him, but if we can't get DH or DWill as a shooting guard, let's hold tight and make the moves in the offseason.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

In Response to Re: Two Number Ones, Rondo and Big Expiring Contracts:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two Number Ones, Rondo and Big Expiring Contracts : If DH isn't traded by the deadline, in all likelihood, NJ would have no choice but to trade DWill on the Ides of March to avoid losing him to FA with nothing in return. Then maybe you consider trading Rondo, straight up, for DWill as a means to an end (DH) but that's the only instance I can see right now where you'd want to trade Rondo and exactly why you don't trade him for anyone else until the Ides of March. Et tu Brutus!!!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Popeye always kicked Brutus' a$$! lol

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two Number Ones, Rondo and Big Expiring Contracts : You're no Popeye though you do belong in a cartoon ...

Did Fierce give you another beating? You always can't sleep every time you get your ash kicked here on this board. lol

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two Number Ones, Rondo and Big Expiring Contracts : Fierce can't kick anybody's butt, he's a weanie ... but you do a good job sniffing his crack ... Hat tip to you ... you're his man! http://www.funnyfidos.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/funny-dog-cartoon-crack.jpg

Do you even sleep at all? Every time I'm here early in the morning you're here talking to no one but yourself. Where you from?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

[QUOTE]Syria!

You are such a weanie! lol

GTG

I have to be on the road in 30 minutes. I hope to run over you sometime when I'm on the road.Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

Ohhh, i thought you were suggesting TRADING the two first round picks, Rondo and a contract for something good, like Howard

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

Rondo, Allen, Pierce for Gasol, Ellis, DW Williams Ellis Green Garnett Gasol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In Response to Two Number Ones, Rondo and Big Expiring Contracts:
    [QUOTE]Its possible, in the near future, Danny will be able to recycle the Celtic tradition of being highly competitive, in a relatively short amount of time.  At least, he will be able to build around Rondo or the latter will be a very big trading chip.  The Celts will not need to start from scratch and there will be assets (draft choices and big expiring contracts) to hopefully find very good players, soon.  But this year the Championship is the objective.  Go Oldtimers!   
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

Did you serve a mission by any chance???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Cavs fan you are a class act. 

I"m glad your franchise got an exciting young point guard, wishing you guys well in the years to come.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Two Number Ones, Rondo and Big Expiring Contracts": Smith is very athletic, but not a great player. He doesn't shoot well and takes dumb shots. He doesn't bring the total energy every night. He's an underachiever. I'd rather use the draft choices to trade up or trade a player like JJJ and a draft choice to trade up. If DH is available, I am all for getting him, but if we can't get DH or DWill as a shooting guard, let's hold tight and make the moves in the offseason.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

you get smith in order to get howard.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two Number Ones, Rondo and Big Expiring Contracts : If DH isn't traded by the deadline, in all likelihood, NJ would have no choice but to trade DWill on the Ides of March to avoid losing him to FA with nothing in return. Then maybe you consider trading Rondo, straight up, for DWill as a means to an end (DH) but that's the only instance I can see right now where you'd want to trade Rondo and exactly why you don't trade him for anyone else until the Ides of March. Et tu Brutus!!!

only if DWill would sign an extension. otherwise, he walks on us and we have nothing, no rondo, no DWill.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]Imagine a team with Rondo, Dwight, and Josh Smith. If it's a close game in the last 2 minutes the opposing team has 3 players they can foul who will surely only make 1 of 2 FTs. Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    You know, you're probably right about that Fiercest.
    But if you were GM and had the opportunity to get Josh Smith and Dwight Howard, I'd bet you'd go for it.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two Number Ones, Rondo and Big Expiring Contracts : I'd go for it but I won't add Rondo to that duo of brick layers.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    That's why it would work.

Sections
Shortcuts