Two Number Ones, Rondo and Big Expiring Contracts

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Two Number Ones, Rondo and Big Expiring Contracts

In Response to Re: Two Number Ones, Rondo and Big Expiring Contracts:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two Number Ones, Rondo and Big Expiring Contracts : We'll know what Ainge really thinks of Rondo next week or in June 2012.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Can't argue with you there, bud.
    I just wonder if Ainge's opinions on which players are indespensable to the master plan and which players are easily replaced change much from month to month.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

See this is where we messed up. We should have kept Perk and just sat on KG and Rays deals and let them expire. Were not signing any all star next year and are going to be in the Blake Griffin market when he hits in two years.

Trading Perkins has been the headline for me this season. Just personal mistakes from the top down. When we should have resigned Tony Allen and kept Posey? We didn't and let them both walk. When we should have extended our big guy Perkins after showing he as tough as nails? We trade him to OKC whos primed to win a ring this year.

Then now it shifts to Rondo. Your like well we can't trade/cut KG or Pierce and the only real trade bait we have is Rondo. 

I am for keeping Rondo and trying to get Dwight and if that fails which it all likely will then you gotta just be patient and spend the money correctly. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Two Number Ones, Rondo and Big Expiring Contracts": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two Number Ones, Rondo and Big Expiring Contracts : you get smith in order to get howard. Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE] Getting Smith doesn't get you Howard. That's a wish but no real evidence. You wait to see if Howard is traded and if he's not you go after 2 stars at the end of the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Confession.

Around the All-Star break I suffered a medical setback that required me to take large quantities of painkillers. These drugs did have side effects that they did not tell me about.

I became expert in all things Celtic. No longer just a fan, I began to channel Rajon Rondo. I had special insights available to no one else. I shared these secret revelations, perhaps unwisely, often in the wee hours.

I also discovered that I didn’t need to sleep at all… though in the end, they tried to make me… grrrr.

Alas, I have returned to earth and no longer have any idea how to fix this team, this season. I look forward to the suggestions posed by those members of this board, who clearly do.

Carry on…

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Two Number Ones, Rondo and Big Expiring Contracts": Smith is very athletic, but not a great player. He doesn't shoot well and takes dumb shots. He doesn't bring the total energy every night. He's an underachiever. I'd rather use the draft choices to trade up or trade a player like JJJ and a draft choice to trade up. If DH is available, I am all for getting him, but if we can't get DH or DWill as a shooting guard, let's hold tight and make the moves in the offseason.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

i have been pulling for a trade for Smith, but I agree about his consistency questions.  I'm watching Chris Humphries play right now.  The guy makes his free throws, grabs boards, runs the floor well, looks to set high picks, took some tuff contact and wasn't phased then stepped to the line and drained the free throws, and seems to have a good Bball IQ.

if they signed him as a piece the future puzzle during the off season, it might end up being a very good move.  His career looks to be on the upswing going forward.  He'll probably get overpaid by somebody, but if the Celts can get him without overpaying, I wouldn't mind it.  Could very well be a better sign than Josh Smith.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]Cavs fan you are a class act.  I"m glad your franchise got an exciting young point guard, wishing you guys well in the years to come.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]
    Thank You.  I just think that it would be nice if all the Celtic fans (including Dud and Pud) have something exciting to root for now and in the future. 

Sections
Shortcuts