TWolves willing to trade 2nd pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

TWolves willing to trade 2nd pick

Any chance that anyone is willing to deal Rondo for the 2nd pick? TWolves need a PG since Rubio hasn't come over and Flynn is on the block.

I would immediately try to move that pick for a vet.

Is Rondo enough or worth the 2nd pick??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheraz110. Show sheraz110's posts

Re: TWolves willing to trade 2nd pick

None of these kids coming out are proven. Rondo is the only youth going for the celtics, what happens if the 2nd person you draft isnt as good and you are left with nothing after big three age further after this coming year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Silliest idea I've read here today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

LOL! Read the post I didn't say we should keep the pick. Do you believe that flipping the #2 pick, Green, BBD (S&T) could get us Howard or a legitimate player?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In Response to Re: TWolves willing to trade 2nd pick:
    [QUOTE]LOL! Read the post I didn't say we should keep the pick. Do you believe that flipping the #2 pick, Green, BBD (S&T) could get us Howard or a legitimate player?
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Seriously doubt it.  And even if he would come here (which I doubt), Howard would not be the team savior.  We'd have to give too much, and he's shown he isn't able -- or temperamentally suited -- to doing it all by himself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I just think the C's need to explore everything. We have better assets now than we did when we tried to trade for KG & RA. We had AJ and the #5 pick then. Now we have a All-Star PG, a FA PF in BBD and a up and coming wing player in Green.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I just think the C's need to explore everything. We have better assets now than we did when we tried to trade for KG & RA. We had AJ and the #5 pick then. Now we have a All-Star PG, a FA PF in BBD and a up and coming wing player in Green.

Do you really think that the C's are not "exploring" everything?  Believe me Bias I am sure you haven't thought of anything that Danny hasn't thought of already.  If you had Howard, would you trade him for Rondo (when you already have a PG  that can shoot),  BB  who completely "lost himself"  and Green that while a nice player has never shown he can be the man.   Who you do that? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

OneonOne, I'm with you on that. I will still go back to the RA and KG trades. There are some dumb GMs in the NBA. All you need is one All Star, a few picks and a few S&T possibilities and anything is possible.

Do you remember what we gave up to get KG?? AJ and what?? Then the TWolves moved AJ for what?

Yes I'm sure Ainge is thinking of everything but i'm just expressing thoughts to the board.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]OneonOne, I'm with you on that. I will still go back to the RA and KG trades. There are some dumb GMs in the NBA. All you need is one All Star, a few picks and a few S&T possibilities and anything is possible. Do you remember what we gave up to get KG?? AJ and what?? Then the TWolves moved AJ for what? Yes I'm sure Ainge is thinking of everything but i'm just expressing thoughts to the board.

I don't see this draft as all that strong - when you have a handful of Euro BIGs going early in the draft I am not sure it is all that strong.

I really don't think any of these moves is a good idea until there is some concrete speculation as to exactly what the new CBA is.

I am very afraid of what I would call the Pistons - Ben Gordon - Charlie V syndrome.

I think when push comes to shove posters / fans are going to learn to digest the lottery pill.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Stevie Wonder saw the Cavs getting two high picks. I wish they would just scrap the lottery. The worst team hasn't gotten the #1 pick in years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Stevie Wonder saw the Cavs getting two high picks. I wish they would just scrap the lottery. The worst team hasn't gotten the #1 pick in years.

The lottery in a warped sort of way to some degree maintains integrity in the regular season.  If you are a lousy team and you want Kyrie Irving (another point guard that will come into the eastern conference) you tank all the games you need to in order to be worst and then you get your pick but if there is a lottery, then everyone has a chance and the regular season games are not just games to be tanked.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWolves willing to trade 2nd pick :   I don't see this draft as all that strong - when you have a handful of Euro BIGs going early in the draft I am not sure it is all that strong. I really don't think any of these moves is a good idea until there is some concrete speculation as to exactly what the new CBA is. I am very afraid of what I would call the Pistons - Ben Gordon - Charlie V syndrome. I think when push comes to shove posters / fans are going to learn to digest the lottery pill.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I like Derrick Williams, but he's very similar in skillset to Jeff Green

If you could include Jeff Green in said trade and maybe get other assets, OK, especially if you could deal your hated Rondo and turn him into a point guard upgrade (Chris Paul or Deron Williams)

And I think we can get better bigs later (tougher, more defensive-minded guys).  Biyombo is too high risk to take in the lottery and I'm not sold on Kanter

Lucas Noguiera and Mamadou Diarra should be around late first to second round and I'd give them as much upside and lower risk than the other guys higher on the board

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWolves willing to trade 2nd pick : The lottery in a warped sort of way to some degree maintains integrity in the regular season.  If you are a lousy team and you want Kyrie Irving (another point guard that will come into the eastern conference) you tank all the games you need to in order to be worst and then you get your pick but if there is a lottery, then everyone has a chance and the regular season games are not just games to be tanked.

I tend to think that the worst teams deserve to have the highest picks

Yet another reason why I think the NFL is so much better than the NBA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWolves willing to trade 2nd pick : I tend to think that the worst teams deserve to have the highest picks Yet another reason why I think the NFL is so much better than the NBA
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you.  It would make sense for the worst teams to have the highest picks. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from santafesino. Show santafesino's posts

I want Bebe Nogueira. he's a beast!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

If teams starting tanking games they would lose money so no fans would show up. We know owners don't want that. Integrity? How about getting a new group of refs and have them managed by another entity if we're worried about integrity.

If the worst teams aren't getting the top picks even every once in awhile what sense does it make to even have it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]If teams starting tanking games they would lose money so no fans would show up. We know owners don't want that. Integrity? How about getting a new group of refs and have them managed by another entity if we're worried about integrity. If the worst teams aren't getting the top picks even every once in awhile what sense does it make to even have it.

Co-sign

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWolves willing to trade 2nd pick : I tend to think that the worst teams deserve to have the highest picks Yet another reason why I think the NFL is so much better than the NBA

I agree I think the worst teams should get the best picks..... but I also think that the worst teams in the league should be tanking their last 15 games to make sure they get the best pick, this to some degree provides at least a subtle attempt at integrity for the regular season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWolves willing to trade 2nd pick : I like Derrick Williams, but he's very similar in skillset to Jeff Green If you could include Jeff Green in said trade and maybe get other assets, OK, especially if you could deal your hated Rondo and turn him into a point guard upgrade (Chris Paul or Deron Williams) And I think we can get better bigs later (tougher, more defensive-minded guys).  Biyombo is too high risk to take in the lottery and I'm not sold on Kanter Lucas Noguiera and Mamadou Diarra should be around late first to second round and I'd give them as much upside and lower risk than the other guys higher on the board

I can't imagine any team giving up the second pick in the draft for any combination of what the Cs have to offer.  One of the best young front courts in the league include a #2 and a #5 pick (Beasly and Love).

I don't hate Rondo, I simply point out that in my opinion his strengths don't outweigh his weaknesses but that on this board there is actually debate about whether Rondo is the best point guard in the league even though there are a whole bunch of guys that can perform his "strengths" just about as well as him and his "weaknesses" are the routine parts of his peers and somehow that makes him an elite point guard.... as I have said many times if he played in Milwaukee he would be a joke but because he is wearing Cs green he is elite and any mention otherwise is blasphemy. 

Let's see, Williams, Beasly, Love, draft a point guard with their second first round pick, eventually trade the rights to Rubio and they are on their way to respectability.  No matter who they trade the number 2 pick for they are not going to win 60 games, they are way more than a player away.

Why on earth would they bring in a player that gets them to 45 wins and allows them to stay there indefinitely when they can s uck for another couple of years and stockpile even more legit blue chip talent. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWolves willing to trade 2nd pick :   I don't see this draft as all that strong - when you have a handful of Euro BIGs going early in the draft I am not sure it is all that strong. I really don't think any of these moves is a good idea until there is some concrete speculation as to exactly what the new CBA is. I am very afraid of what I would call the Pistons - Ben Gordon - Charlie V syndrome. I think when push comes to shove posters / fans are going to learn to digest the lottery pill.

This is like the second time I've agreed with you today. This draft is not worth trading any of our starters for, it's just a weak draft. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWolves willing to trade 2nd pick : This is like the second time I've agreed with you today. This draft is not worth trading any of our starters for, it's just a weak draft. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

To me it is a combination of a weak draft, though what I have seen, heard, read is that it is deep in terms of secondary players.

I don't have as much time to watch college ball as I used to but what I do is go to nbadraft.net and look at the top players and to whom they are compared and when I go and see that a top 10 pick is compared to someone that is not even in the league I get concerned about what the draft will really be like, but of course there are the guys that say we need to wait 3 to 5 years  to see what the draft will really become... today 4 years in advance I am willing to bet this draft will not produce Pierce, Dirk, Jamison, LaFrentz, white chocolate, Bibby, and Vince Carter but who knows?

I think it is the combination of the depth / weakness of the draft and the new CBA that will preclude these magical Danny moves that some think that are imminent driven by the signing of Doc... Danny says "Doc is a coach at heart and Doc will coach the team to the goals of the organization, so if the goal is to just make the playoffs -Doc will coach, if they are going through the rebuilding process - Doc will coach accordingly, blah blah blah".... the posters / fans / bloggers think this means that Danny has cooked up something while ignoring the new CBA, the lockout, the aging BIG 3, and the needs, etc. of all the other teams that are in a vastly superior position than are the Cs...... Danny apparently has some sort of magic that no other GM has but year after year there are at least 3 or 4 players that Danny leaves on the board that would have this team in much better shape than they currently are.......  I can see it right now on draft night - wow Danny got the sleeper of the draft, the steal, blah blah blah... an automatic 10 year perennial all-star, the guy drafted after Danny's pick will be an MVP but somehow when Danny's pick is serving burgers Danny will be a genius.........

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Funny thing about the draft is some of the drafts that were concidered week turned out down the road to be very strong. Some drafts that were very strong turned out to be total busts. Pierce falling to us one year if you do that same draft over would PP be the number two and Dirk number 1?

Michael Olowokandi (C)

Mike Bibby (PG)

Raef LaFrentz (C/F)

Antawn Jamison+ (F)

Vince Carter* (G/F)

Robert Traylor (F/C)

Jason Williams (PG)

Larry Hughes (SG)

Dirk Nowitzki* (PF)

Paul Pierce* (G/F)

Bonzi Wells (G/F)

Michael Doleac (C)

Keon Clark (F/C)

Michael Dickerson (SG)

Matt Harpring (F/G)

Bryce Drew (PG)

Radoslav Nesterovič (C)

Mirsad Türkcan (PF)

Pat Garrity (PF)

Roshown McLeod (SF)

Ricky Davis (G/F)

Brian Skinner (F/C)

Tyronn Lue (PG)

Felipe López (SG)

Al Harrington (F)

Sam Jacobson (SG)

Vladimir Stepania (C)

Corey Benjamin (SG)

Nazr Mohammed (C/F)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Funny thing about the draft is some of the drafts that were concidered week turned out down the road to be very strong. Some drafts that were very strong turned out to be total busts. Pierce falling to us one year if you do that same draft over would PP be the number two and Dirk number 1? 1 Michael Olowokandi  (C) 2 Mike Bibby  (PG) 3 Raef LaFrentz  (C/F) 4 Antawn Jamison +  (F) 5 Vince Carter * (G/F) 6 Robert Traylor  (F/C) 7 Jason Williams  (PG) 8 Larry Hughes  (SG) 9 Dirk Nowitzki * (PF) 10 Paul Pierce * (G/F) 11 Bonzi Wells  (G/F) 12 Michael Doleac  (C) 13 Keon Clark  (F/C) 14 Michael Dickerson  (SG) 15 Matt Harpring  (F/G) 16 Bryce Drew  (PG) 17 Radoslav Nesterovič  (C) 18 Mirsad Türkcan  (PF) 19 Pat Garrity  (PF) 20 Roshown McLeod  (SF) 21 Ricky Davis  (G/F) 22 Brian Skinner  (F/C) 23 Tyronn Lue  (PG) 24 Felipe López  (SG) 25 Al Harrington  (F) 26 Sam Jacobson  (SG) 27 Vladimir Stepania  (C) 28 Corey Benjamin  (SG) 29 Nazr Mohammed  (C/F)
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

Well leading up to the draft and with both Pierce and LaFrentz on the same team they were both considered top of the draft picks, Pierce was considered the number two overall pick until draft night when he started to slip but of course if you knew that you would not have made the statement suggesting that if the draft were held today Pierce would have been a top pick, at the time he was, he just happened to fall.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I was saying Dirk would be number 1 and pierce be number two if we knew then what we know now. That was concidered a strong draft at the time we were lucky some teams drafted for need and that helped Pierce land in boston. My point is the draft is a crap shoot sometimes it takes years to see what kind of draft it really was.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I was saying Dirk would be number 1 and pierce be number two if we knew then what we know now. That was concidered a strong draft at the time we were lucking teams needs helped Pierce land in boston. My point is the draft is a crap shoot sometimes it takes years to see what kind of draft it really was.
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

And my point was that Pierce was considered the #2 pick at the time.......