TWolves willing to trade 2nd pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: TWolves willing to trade 2nd pick

In Response to TWolves willing to trade 2nd pick:
    [QUOTE]Any chance that anyone is willing to deal Rondo for the 2nd pick? TWolves need a PG since Rubio hasn't come over and Flynn is on the block. I would immediately try to move that pick for a vet. Is Rondo enough or worth the 2nd pick??
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]NOT going to knock this as quicky as others are. nice CONTRARIAN thinking there bias. good one. iperhaps danny could do a 3-way. or convince rubio to come over or take flynn in addition to the second pick. some great euro big men available and some great forwards. no need to draft a rookie pg. plus if we can get delonte on an affordable 3 to 4 year deal, i think he's better than rondo anyway. 

having west start could win us more games in itself. have flynn back him up. with jeff green and the #2 pick plus our 2 #1s in 2012, we will really have something cooking in 2013 and beyond even as we compete for rings in the interim and get YOUNGER! I'm sure danny is considering it. can we get mchale back there as well as the GM. the last trade worked out pretty good. isnt that how they got kevin love?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: TWolves willing to trade 2nd pick:
    [QUOTE]Funny thing about the draft is some of the drafts that were concidered week turned out down the road to be very strong. Some drafts that were very strong turned out to be total busts. Pierce falling to us one year if you do that same draft over would PP be the number two and Dirk number 1? 1 Michael Olowokandi  (C) 2 Mike Bibby  (PG) 3 Raef LaFrentz  (C/F) 4 Antawn Jamison +  (F) 5 Vince Carter * (G/F) 6 Robert Traylor  (F/C) 7 Jason Williams  (PG) 8 Larry Hughes  (SG) 9 Dirk Nowitzki * (PF) 10 Paul Pierce * (G/F) 11 Bonzi Wells  (G/F) 12 Michael Doleac  (C) 13 Keon Clark  (F/C) 14 Michael Dickerson  (SG) 15 Matt Harpring  (F/G) 16 Bryce Drew  (PG) 17 Radoslav Nesterovič  (C) 18 Mirsad Türkcan  (PF) 19 Pat Garrity  (PF) 20 Roshown McLeod  (SF) 21 Ricky Davis  (G/F) 22 Brian Skinner  (F/C) 23 Tyronn Lue  (PG) 24 Felipe López  (SG) 25 Al Harrington  (F) 26 Sam Jacobson  (SG) 27 Vladimir Stepania  (C) 28 Corey Benjamin  (SG) 29 Nazr Mohammed  (C/F)
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]the dirk and pp debate will go back and forth unless dirk wins it all this year. if not, pp is still the best of that crop! pp and dirk must lugh their a-s-s off watching mike bibby drag his limp self around when he was the #2. pp must have made the candyman hate every day he was here in boston. poor tyron lue, now the a celtic assistant must hear it everyday. pp must be happy though watching nazr mohammd the lat #1 of that classs still playing and about to push perky out of minutes in okc. cant complain with vince carter though at #5. he had the hype machine and the high flying game back then and pp did lose to him by finishing second in the college slam dunk contest. check out pp's nasty dunks in that contest on youtube. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWolves willing to trade 2nd pick : the dirk and pp debate will go back and forth unless dirk wins it all this year. if not, pp is still the best of that crop! pp and dirk must lugh their a-s-s off watching mike bibby drag his limp self around when he was the #2. pp must have made the candyman hate every day he was here in boston. poor tyron lue, now the a celtic assistant must hear it everyday. pp must be happy though watching nazr mohammd the lat #1 of that classs still playing and about to push perky out of minutes in okc. cant complain with vince carter though at #5. he had the hype machine and the high flying game back then and pp did lose to him by finishing second in the college slam dunk contest. check out pp's nasty dunks in that contest on youtube. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    Raef LaFrentz came to Boston 4 years latter and got that stupid contract and at the time I think Pierce must have been shaking his head.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtics have to decide who their best player is (i.e. the one you wantto build around) beforeany moves can be made.  Right now that's a tough call.  Rule out the "Big Three"....and if it's Rondo then he needs to be surrounded by shooters and scorers, preferably at least two that can create their own shot. Between Danny and Doc,they're probably pulling down close to $15 - $20 mil a year.  I'll let them worry about it...
    Posted by jallen5799[/QUOTE]

There are 4 teams left, one of them doesn't have a point guard - though I would argue that LeBron and Wade are effectively the Heat's point guards (see Michael and Scottie - the guys that handle the ball and execute the offense and control the point of attack)..... in the long run.... Rose, Kidd, Westbook, and LeBron / Wade will all be considered better.

I don't think the point guard is nearly as important as some would suggest..... I quite often hear the point guard and the center are the most important decisions... not one elite center is playing in the final 4 and while the final four all have better point guards than the Cs, this board will argue they are not really point guards because they have a scoring mentality.... hmmmm. maybe that is why they are in the final 4......

I guess what I am getting at is building around a point guard that succeeds only because of whom he plays with and is a huge liability to his team at the offensive end is not someone you want to build around.

With Kidd, Westbrook, Rose, and LeBron / Wade the Cs are still playing... with Rondo none of those teams are still playing..... call me crazy....

Building around a one dimensional player whose position has proved largely irrelevant in terms of winning championships over the last 20 years is a gigantic mistake but Danny knows better... on draft night he will draft a tweener / sleeper who will be the savior on this board, unless and until the board wakes up from the disastrous hangover that allows them to believe that Danny's picks are always the players that will perpetuate the greatness......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Good idea for a discussion Bias, but my answer is no. I'd only trade Rondo for an allstar caliber point guard in return such as CP3. Rondo with a role player for CP3 works for me. Another poster had that idea, so I can't take credit for it. He suggested a sign and trade of B.B & Rondo for CP3.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWolves willing to trade 2nd pick : I agree I think the worst teams should get the best picks..... but I also think that the worst teams in the league should be tanking their last 15 games to make sure they get the best pick, this to some degree provides at least a subtle attempt at integrity for the regular season.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

True, but if they're so bad they have to tank, then they don't have the talent to compete anyways and still need the top pick.
    In the NBA, I guess it's just more noticeable, but I'd think that fans would be more upset that they played just well enough to miss out on a top talent than if they tanked and got a LeBron/Carmelo/Wade/Howard/Kobe/Garnett type talent
    After years of Pitino sh*tting on our franchise (f*ck*r) and a decade of losing, Tim Duncan was the least we deserved as the cornerstone of a rebuilding process.
    Instead we got Pierce and Antoine Walker.  Pierce is a future Hall of Famer, but Walker meant five years of mediocrity where we made the playoffs with no chance of winning a championship

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]LOL! Read the post I didn't say we should keep the pick. Do you believe that flipping the #2 pick, Green, BBD (S&T) could get us Howard or a legitimate player?
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    Not even close.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWolves willing to trade 2nd pick : This is like the second time I've agreed with you today. This draft is not worth trading any of our starters for, it's just a weak draft. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

I agree that this draft definitely is one of the worse in recent years and it definitely isn't worth trading starters for. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

The C's need to find 1 new elite player at either the 2 or 3, even if it means trading one of the big three and/or rondo to get there.  The 2/3 position is the leader in this league.  They create their own shot and score from both inside or out.  The war is won in the trenches, but the battle is never fought if you don't have a pierce/Ra to lead the team.  With these big 3 near the end, The C's have to get someone, preferably on the cheap so they can still go get a howard next year or via trade...

Sections
Shortcuts