Typical Bad Ainge draft, Athletic defenders

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Typical Bad Ainge draft, Athletic defenders

Did anyone expect Jimmer, Howard,Singler,Leuer or any one of 15 international players?????

No- not with Doc and Danny,they love only athletes.

I am so tired of watching slow down thug ball, with scores like 78-73.

Give me the old C's of the 50's-60's-70's anyday. Bring back Tommy H and bring back exciting team ball.

I will go watch the western conf teams who play uptempo team ball and win.

The Western conference has dominated the Eastern Conf for the last 15 years,because they use international players and play uptempo team ball.

Go Mavs  Go Lakers Go Thunder Go Suns Go Jazz Go Spurs  Go Kings with Jimmer scoring 30 a night.

Go Ainge Go away-  Go home to Utah -just Go and take Doc with you.

Run

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Typical Bad Ainge draft, Athletic defenders

I don't think the C's improved last night but I'm not too familiar with these 2 Purdue guys.

The only thing left is FA and a S&T for BBD. UGH!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I think this is more sensible than Giddens, Bradley, Gerald Green or Telfair of the last 4-5 drafts. But it remains to be seen why this 6'10" guy big10 player of the year is ranked so low and was passed by most people.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The more I read on these guys the more I'm liking what I'm reading. They both are seniors, All Big Ten, POY and avg almost 20ppg. That's not bad for as late as we were picking.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

They picked 25th. I'm so mad they didn't draft another Semih Erden. The franchise is doomed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Re: Typical Bad Ainge draft, Athletic defenders:
    [QUOTE]I don't think the C's improved last night but I'm not too familiar with these 2 Purdue guys. The only thing left is FA and a S&T for BBD. UGH!!
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Hi Bias

Johnson is tooooo thin to play in the NBA 6-11 and 219 lbs .He also plays inside and will get knocked off the block and taken to the rim on defense.With no outside shot 19% from 3 point land ,Johnson will be D league at best.

Take care Run

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]They picked 25th. I'm so mad they didn't draft another Semih Erden. The franchise is doomed.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]
     Erden had game and could play, Johnson will never be more then a D league player.

Run

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

Typical bandwagon fan. When things gets tough, cheer for other teams. good job Mr. runrunpinkhat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i like the video i've seen on johnson. looks like he can play. athletic and can run. i would have choked if we'd drafted jimmer. he will be a bust.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

Some things never change, no wonder I seldom post here and stick to another board.  How can anyone be critical of what Danny Ainge did in last night's draft?

He selected a player we clearly don't need, saw two available bigs that we could use still on the board (Johnson and Hamilton) traded down getting Johnson (Consensus All America and Big Ten Player of the Year) and a 2nd rounder in 2014 from NJ, and then took an established All Big Ten senior 2-guard in the second round.  Plus the two selected are teammates...chemistry too, anyone?

Johnson has often been compared to Garnett.  OK, no guarantees but a good start.  Johnson is a true center despite his slim build and could very well end up as the starting 5 for us as soon as this season (if there is a this season).

Moore is an incredible defender and scorer.  He set records at Purdue for assists, yet still averaged over 21 points and more than 5 rebounds per game.  His shot blocking skills are exceptional. 

Both players can run by the way, and the Big Ten Conference is a great proving ground for the NBA with consistent top-notch talent.  Both these players were Defensive All Big 10, among many other Big ten and All-America awards they earned.

Ainge gets our possible starting center, at worst two solid players to fuel a dynamic second unit, picks up a future draft pick and does not give up the Clippers pick we own for next year in doing so.

We probably did as well as anyone in an average at best draft year, picking up two solid players who can contribute right away and there is a post complaining?

Get real!  Oh, wait, look who started the topic...

Regards

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]i like the video i've seen on johnson. looks like he can play. athletic and can run. i would have choked if we'd drafted jimmer. he will be a bust.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

Jimmer went 10th  10th  he is faster then Kemba,Erving and Knight in the drills and will be an all star for years to come.

Run

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Typical Bad Ainge draft, Athletic defenders : Jimmer went 10th  10th  he is faster then Kemba,Erving and Knight in the drills and will be an all star for years to come. Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]

i'm happy to take any bet you care to make on that. he's a shorter adam morrison.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Johnson is not a center, some people even think he should play 3 in the NBA.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Jimmer is going to be an Allstar for years to come? At least you have a good sense of humor.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Run,

Your race based arguing reflects the ugliest forms of demagoguery of American society both present and historically. If you were an important public person, it would rightly kill your career, but because you are nothing more than an anonymous poster, likely without much stature in the real world, it has not. Many people and institutions have stood tall against this, including, very prominently, the Boston Celtics, and Bill Russell, arguably the best basketball player ever; ironically, one who built his resume on his unique athleticism and defense, and, of course, enormous basketball and worldly intelligence. The only thing somewhat “normal” about your post is that you, like many others, compare white players to other white players, and black players to other black players. I never think this way, because I was taught (not directly of course) the wisdom of Red Auerbach to look at players as they are, not as they appear (skin color, from Europe, “thugs” - by the way, what’s that a code word for?). I grew up going to games and idolizing Hondo and Cowens because of what they represented as Celtics, never because of how they looked more like me than other players. I really can’t imagine a Celtics fan thinking in terms of race because that’s antithetical to everything the organization has been about from Red to now. I do not expect to sway you at all with this; instead, this post serves that I want to be known on this chat board as opposing everything you and other racists stand for.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Run thinks all black players are"thugs."Those international players are reknowned for their sportsmanship. Krstic hit another player on the head with a chair in the Euro league.You can watch it on YOU TUBE. Try that in the NBA and plan on taking the season off.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

Let me tell you the worst kept secret, no matter who Danny selected, run would have hated the pick. I can't stand when someone says this player will suceed and this player's not. You need at least a couple of years to make that statement.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Two seniors good players and good teemates not one negative thing about them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Ainge did what he always does, get something for nothing.  He is a very good manger.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Just how much salary credit did Ainge get for dumping Semih Erden ?
    Erden would have went top 10 in last night's draft...

were they really so sure they would lose him , that he was that "homesick" ?
    or was it his shoulder injury ? that the C's thought he'd never stay healthy thru the playoffs, that he was one play away from season ending surgury (he only played maybe 4 games with Cleveland and was out for the year)

I hope JJ Johnson gets the minutes Erden got for 40 games , even at 220 lbs , he still has 6 fouls and should be able to handle the low post for 14 minutes a game. That's what Erden played for the Celtics. I hope Johnson does not end up like those other Celtic rookies who play 10 games in their rookie year , and end up playing more games in the D League

And did we give away what would have been the perfect athletic swingman , a more offensively talented player than Marquis Daniels , in trading Marshon Brooks ? Was shocked when they traded him , thought he's be perfect with the Celtics (so Von Wafer is the guy?)... but it makes sense that they went for their favorite big guy

Let's hope JJ Johnson gets at least 15 minutes a game and plays 75 games
    and if the Celtics were able to play a 6'6" Big Baby at Center , then they can play a 220lb center in Johnson

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

Your self-proclamation of having 147 IQ is getting dimmer with Jimmer by the minute, oldschool.

Tell me.......how can the Cs draft Jimmer if he was picked 10th and the Cs don't get to pick until 25th? Maybe they should have picked Kevin Durant three years ago according to your logic. Oh wait, according to your personal preference to "international" players, Durant would be a "thug". Never mind.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]Run, Your race based arguing reflects the ugliest forms of demagoguery of American society both present and historically. If you were an important public person, it would rightly kill your career, but because you are nothing more than an anonymous poster, likely without much stature in the real world, it has not. Many people and institutions have stood tall against this, including, very prominently, the Boston Celtics, and Bill Russell, arguably the best basketball player ever; ironically, one who built his resume on his unique athleticism and defense, and, of course, enormous basketball and worldly intelligence. The only thing somewhat “normal” about your post is that you, like many others, compare white players to other white players, and black players to other black players. I never think this way, because I was taught (not directly of course) the wisdom of Red Auerbach to look at players as they are, not as they appear (skin color, from Europe, “thugs” - by the way, what’s that a code word for?). I grew up going to games and idolizing Hondo and Cowens because of what they represented as Celtics, never because of how they looked more like me than other players. I really can’t imagine a Celtics fan thinking in terms of race because that’s antithetical to everything the organization has been about from Red to now. I do not expect to sway you at all with this; instead, this post serves that I want to be known on this chat board as opposing everything you and other racists stand for.  
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Hey fut

This is not racist thought,I love all people .

This is about style of hoop.  Ainge likes slow ball,thug ball= beat your man up style hoop,it is not about race.

The Mavs play team ball and play high scoring games. They beat you with offense not elbows.

Danny and Doc select the best athlete available,they do not care about skill level on offense only defense. This creates a tough thug style team,not pretty to watch . Ugly slow down foul  fueled games.

Give me the fast breaking teams with great shooting anytime.

Danny Ainge = John Thompson

Take care Run

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]Your self-proclamation of having 147 IQ is getting dimmer with Jimmer by the minute, oldschool. Tell me.......how can the Cs draft Jimmer if he was picked 10th and the Cs don't get to pick until 25th? Maybe they should have picked Kevin Durant three years ago according to your logic. Oh wait, according to your personal preference to "international" players, Durant would be a "thug". Never mind.
    Posted by stevekubersky[/QUOTE]

Durant would be a great Celtic,fast lean ,great shooter and a nice man.

Ainge could have traded down by giving up Avery maybe to get Jimmer.

Run

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]Some things never change, no wonder I seldom post here and stick to another board.  How can anyone be critical of what Danny Ainge did in last night's draft? He selected a player we clearly don't need, saw two available bigs that we could use still on the board (Johnson and Hamilton) traded down getting Johnson (Consensus All America and Big Ten Player of the Year) and a 2nd rounder in 2014 from NJ, and then took an established All Big Ten senior 2-guard in the second round.  Plus the two selected are teammates...chemistry too, anyone? Johnson has often been compared to Garnett.  OK, no guarantees but a good start.  Johnson is a true center despite his slim build and could very well end up as the starting 5 for us as soon as this season (if there is a this season). Moore is an incredible defender and scorer.  He set records at Purdue for assists, yet still averaged over 21 points and more than 5 rebounds per game.  His shot blocking skills are exceptional.  Both players can run by the way, and the Big Ten Conference is a great proving ground for the NBA with consistent top-notch talent.  Both these players were Defensive All Big 10, among many other Big ten and All-America awards they earned. Ainge gets our possible starting center, at worst two solid players to fuel a dynamic second unit, picks up a future draft pick and does not give up the Clippers pick we own for next year in doing so. We probably did as well as anyone in an average at best draft year, picking up two solid players who can contribute right away and there is a post complaining? Get real!   Oh, wait, look who started the topic... Regards
    Posted by NYCelt[/QUOTE]

NY NY

Both players will be bust's, both players were picked to go late in the second round,so most experts thought very little of either player.

Johnson is too thin to play center,can't shoot well enough to play forward and is a third string center at best.Moore is so slow he will never get a shot off in the NBA.

Bad draft

Run

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Typical Bad Ainge draft, Athletic defenders : NY NY Both players will be bust's, both players were picked to go late in the second round,so most experts thought very little of either player. Johnson is too thin to play center,can't shoot well enough to play forward and is a third string center at best.Moore is so slow he will never get a shot off in the NBA. Bad draft Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]

Run,

Make sure to bring this up again at the end of 2012 season.  Until then your opinion is just an opinion.  So is mine which happens to be completely different from yours.