Typical Bad Ainge draft, Athletic defenders

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: Typical Bad Ainge draft, Athletic defenders

i saw a lot of video on youtube of johnson hitting a lot of tough mig-range jumpers. he looks like he can shoot alright to me. and he dosn't look THAT thin, although he could certainly put on 20-30 pounds. he looks remarkably athletic to me. didn't see much on moore. i'd love to see us sign a center and let BBD go and let johnson take the slot backing up KG. love BBD, but would love to see us play above the rim for a change.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

i like these guys from Purdue; they seem like good players and if Jajuan puts on some more muscle and keeps up his work ethic, he might be sensational. his idol is KG so if KG's intensity and work habits rub off on him, maybe we got a steal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Typical Bad Ainge draft, Athletic defenders:
    [QUOTE]i like these guys from Purdue; they seem like good players and if Jajuan puts on some more muscle and keeps up his work ethic, he might be sensational. his idol is KG so if KG's intensity and work habits rub off on him, maybe we got a steal.
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  They might both turn out to be good players for the Celtics.
    The biggest obstacle is if Doc gives them playing time.  He isn't very good about playing rookies and I would imagine that he won't change this year.  According to Barkley and others that I have heard in the past couple of days, they don't think the NBA will have a season next year.  I heard Chris Mannix on the radio this morning and he said that if their is a shortened season this would be a big disadvantage for the Celtics since they would be playing a lot of back to back games. We all know how difficult it is for the Celtics to be successful in back to back games.  He also believes that it is a good possibility that their won't be an NBA season next year. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

i guess no one told him that the problem with many of these internation players is they don't like to work. Which is why erden was sent away.

They don't work athletes like we do here. They aren't used to actually having to grind through 82 games plus playoffs and finals. 

Its not about how physical the guy is, but how those guys don't put in the work.

Look how many of them never reach their potential. Dirk, Manu, Pau and Tony are the exceptions. The rest get outworked and outhustled.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Erden was home sick he wanted to go back he will not be in the NBA this year. The trade was more for Luke in exchange for a 2nd round pick. Luke looked good for the Cavs I wish him well.

Krystic was leaving to go home. He was leaving OKC or Boston didnt matter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clappy. Show clappy's posts

I'm sure JJ will work on strength and might put on a few pounds of muscle in the process. Remember how Perkins body changed after he was drafted.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

He's not a bandwagon fan, he's a pitfiful racist

Johnson is no thinner than Parish and KG at that age

I'd trust him guarding Bosh, with that 7'2" wingspan, defensive player of the year award and 2+ blocks per game, over fat stump Baby.

Run the racist looking for the 'white guy' to be picked. Gag me. Kyle Singler and Jon Leuer were the next two white guys picked after our spot at 25. I'd bet my house and probably even my life that they don't have better careers than Johnson.

What a fool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Please don't respond to runrunrun like he's a real fan. He sees the world through a negative racial lense and only posts here when he can stir up negativity. He prefers a losing Celtics season to a winning one as that suits his anti-tattooed athlete worldview. He didn't even enjoy the Celts championship because the team did not contain Larry Bird or white foreign players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Please don't respond to runrunrun like he's a real fan. He sees the world through a negative racial lense and only posts here when he can stir up negativity. He prefers a losing Celtics season to a winning one as that suits his anti-tattooed athlete worldview. He didn't even enjoy the Celts championship because the team did not contain Larry Bird or white foreign players.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Yep.  He constantly complained all year that Scal was the only white guy and that Doc didn't play him because he was white.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Since the "typical bad Ainge draft" nets us a Delonte West, Al Jefferson, Tony Allen, Kendrick Perkins, Ryan Gomes, Leon Powe, Rajon Rondo, BBD . . . I think I'll take it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Typical Bad Ainge draft, Athletic defenders : Durant would be a great Celtic,fast lean ,great shooter and a nice man. Ainge could have traded down by giving up Avery maybe to get Jimmer. Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]

oldschool oldschool,

Your self proclaimed 147 IQ just went a few dozen points lower oldschool. Now that you declare Kevin Durant is not a "thug", why do you keep wasting your time with this Jimmer character then? Maybe if you complain the Cs don't have players like Durant for a change, instead of Jimmer, Gansey, and Pittsnoggle, you're argument would carry more weight. Besides, the Cs already have a great point guard. Oh wait, you think Rondo is a "thug", right oldschool?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

[QUOTE]Johnson is not a center, some people even think he should play 3 in the NBA.
    Posted by scubber[/QUOTE]

Umm, no.  He's a center/power forward.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Typical Bad Ainge draft, Athletic defenders : Run, Make sure to bring this up again at the end of 2012 season.  Until then your opinion is just an opinion.  So is mine which happens to be completely different from yours.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

As much as I would like to reply to Run/OldSchool/whatever he calls himself these days I know there is no reasoning with him.

I'll let prakash speak for me on this one.  His response is better than anything I could come up with.

I will remind Run/whatever how bad you pegged Rondo to be.  If this draft turns out as bad as Rondo we should be in very good shape.

Regards

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

runrunrun should have at least come out and said we only draft african americans, and that he doesn't like any player that isn't white. E'twaun and JaJuan both play defense. Does that make them thugs? Or is it the color of their skin that you are alluding to. I'd rather have tough players, KG/Rondo, than spineless scorers like durant or jimmer. Every team that wins wins on defense and toughness. Dallas, despite Dirk's brilliance, can't win without marion, chandler, or stevenson. I like Johnson, and hope to see him progress as a player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Typical Bad Ainge draft, Athletic defenders:
    [QUOTE]Did anyone expect Jimmer, Howard,Singler,Leuer or any one of 15 international players????? No- not with Doc and Danny,they love only athletes. I am so tired of watching slow down thug ball, with scores like 78-73. Give me the old C's of the 50's-60's-70's anyday. Bring back Tommy H and bring back exciting team ball. I will go watch the western conf teams who play uptempo team ball and win. The Western conference has dominated the Eastern Conf for the last 15 years,because they use international players and play uptempo team ball. Go Mavs  Go Lakers Go Thunder Go Suns Go Jazz Go Spurs  Go Kings with Jimmer scoring 30 a night. Go Ainge Go away-  Go home to Utah -just Go and take Doc with you. Run
    Anoyhe big drafr night for the celtics.Drafting in the botton they came out with 2 good players.No complains here.Good job Danny boy

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Isn Response to Re: Typical Bad Ainge draft, Athletic defenders:
    [QUOTE]Erden was home sick he wanted to go back he will not be in the NBA this year. The trade was more for Luke in exchange for a 2nd round pick. Luke looked good for the Cavs I wish him well. Krystic was leaving to go home. He was leaving OKC or Boston didnt matter.
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

Erden wanted off the C's period. Garnett and Shaq broke the mans shoulder in practice. Garnett dosn't like international guys and made life hard on Erden and Kristic.

Run

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]i like these guys from Purdue; they seem like good players and if Jajuan puts on some more muscle and keeps up his work ethic, he might be sensational. his idol is KG so if KG's intensity and work habits rub off on him, maybe we got a steal.
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

Purdue stunk in the NCAA playoffs and were eliminated all four years in the early rounds. If Johnson and Moore were any good they would have won more tourney games.

Run

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]He's not a bandwagon fan, he's a pitfiful racist Johnson is no thinner than Parish and KG at that age I'd trust him guarding Bosh, with that 7'2" wingspan, defensive player of the year award and 2+ blocks per game, over fat stump Baby. Run the racist looking for the 'white guy' to be picked. Gag me. Kyle Singler and Jon Leuer were the next two white guys picked after our spot at 25. I'd bet my house and probably even my life that they don't have better careers than Johnson. What a fool
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Rap your the racist!!!

You think all white players are slow,you think all international players are soft.
    You think all black players are naturally good.

You don't think ! You live in a stereotyped dream world. All humans are equal in hoop and life.

Singler will have a very good NBA career. Johnson and Moore will be D players and then maybe the CBA.

Enjoy your Sunday Morning ,  Dirk winning the Ring must really hurt you ?

Run

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]i guess no one told him that the problem with many of these internation players is they don't like to work. Which is why erden was sent away. They don't work athletes like we do here. They aren't used to actually having to grind through 82 games plus playoffs and finals.  Its not about how physical the guy is, but how those guys don't put in the work. Look how many of them never reach their potential. Dirk, Manu, Pau and Tony are the exceptions. The rest get outworked and outhustled.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

So most international players don't work hard according to you??

Funny this is what was said about Black Americans for years and about the Irish for years. Your  idea is totally false and ignorant, international guys work just as hard as American players.But they do play a different game,more fundamentally sound,better shooting,passing and team play.Uptempo ball movement and less fouling and less one on one star ball.

Take care Run

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Typical Bad Ainge draft, Athletic defenders : Rap your the racist!!! You think all white players are slow,you think all international players are soft. You think all black players are naturally good. You don't think ! You live in a stereotyped dream world. All humans are equal in hoop and life. Singler will have a very good NBA career. Johnson and Moore will be D players and then maybe the CBA. Enjoy your Sunday Morning ,  Dirk winning the Ring must really hurt you ? Run

LOVED seeing dirk win, as I told you before you SAD SAD racist, I'd have taken Dirk over Paul as far back as 2002.

I know ball, not color, and am not a pathetic hater like you

The CBA (hahahaha doesn't exist anymore) is the perfect place for a guy like Singler. Johnson will have a solid career off the bench, maybe as a Hakim Warrick type... but I'd take him on Bosh over Baby anyday

As always you are a miserable racist who calls it wrong

take care

Ram

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Erden was on Celtics Now and the Association and said he loved KG and when he was traded he said he miss KG like a big brother.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Typical Bad Ainge draft, Athletic defenders : Durant would be a great Celtic,fast lean ,great shooter and a nice man. Ainge could have traded down by giving up Avery maybe to get Jimmer. Run

"...fast, lean, good shooter, nice man..."

You just described JaJuan Johnson.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Typical Bad Ainge draft, Athletic defenders : "...fast, lean, good shooter, nice man..." You just described JaJuan Johnson.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Johnson is not Durant,and never will be. Johnson has a low post game only and is to skinny to go down low.

Run

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Typical Bad Ainge draft, Athletic defenders : Johnson is not Durant,and never will be. Johnson has a low post game only and is to skinny to go down low. Run

I agree that Johnson is no Durant, but that's largely irrelevant to this discussion.

The fact of the matter is that you stated that you like the traits Durant possesses. JaJuan Johnson also possesses those traits, although in a lesser form.

Regardless of the talent difference, how can you possibly love Durant, and then turn around and hate Johnson, when in reality, they're very similar players. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTruthsays. Show TheTruthsays's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Typical Bad Ainge draft, Athletic defenders : So most international players don't work hard according to you?? Funny this is what was said about Black Americans for years and about the Irish for years. Your  idea is totally false and ignorant, international guys work just as hard as American players.But they do play a different game,more fundamentally sound,better shooting,passing and team play.Uptempo ball movement and less fouling and less one on one star ball. Take care Run

run, you keep telling it like it is.

White guilt and ignorant white people trying so hard to prove they're not racist, they throw their own people under the bus.

Facts are facts. White players in general play a better team game, that's T E A M, not one on one hero ball or watch me dunk while my team loses the game.

It's why so many Euro, Asian & SA coaches don't want NBA players, they're so hard to coach. It's also why Europe and the rest of the world has catch the USA in basketball, why they beat us in the World championships with such inferior athletes. Ever wonder about that you reverse racist dogs?

Sections
Shortcuts