Tyshaun Prince and Ben Wallace to Boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Tyshaun Prince and Ben Wallace to Boston?

The Celtics already have Daniels to backup Pierce. Trading Big Baby will leave KG without a backup. Ben Wallace and Prince are NOT PFs. 

I don't see anything wrong with this current Celtics team.

C - Perk, Shaq, Erden, and JO
    PF - KG, Davis, and Harangody
    SF - Pierce and Daniels
    SG - Ray and Wafer
    PG - Rondo, West, and Nate

Just because the trade works on the trade machine it doesn't mean it's good for the Celtics. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigbird1111. Show Bigbird1111's posts

In Response to Re: Tyshaun Prince and Ben Wallace to Boston?:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics already have Daniels to backup Pierce. Trading Big Baby will leave KG without a backup. Ben Wallace and Prince are NOT PFs.  I don't see anything wrong with this current Celtics team. C - Perk, Shaq, Erden, and JO PF - KG, Davis, and Harangody SF - Pierce and Daniels SG - Ray and Wafer PG - Rondo, West, and Nate Just because the trade works on the trade machine it doesn't mean it's good for the Celtics. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]  Daniels should back up Allen.  Davis and Nate are unrestricted after this season.  Baby is going to want at least 10 million a year  n Nate will want a raise.  Oneil will most likely retire with bone on bone in his knee. Sheed will be back after Feb 24 to spell KG.  Prince could be had for mid level money at this point in his career.  Wafer is a shooting gaurd not a point.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigbird1111. Show Bigbird1111's posts

[QUOTE]  Daniels should back up Allen.  Davis and Nate are unrestricted after this season.  Baby is going to want at least 10 million a year  n Nate will want a raise.  Oneil will most likely retire with bone on bone in his knee. Sheed will be back after Feb 24 to spell KG.  Prince could be had for mid level money at this point in his career.  Wafer is a shooting gaurd not a point.   Sheed is a power forward . 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyshaun Prince and Ben Wallace to Boston? :   Daniels should back up Allen.  Davis and Nate are unrestricted after this season.  Baby is going to want at least 10 million a year  n Nate will want a raise.  Oneil will most likely retire with bone on bone in his knee. Sheed will be back after Feb 24 to spell KG.  Prince could be had for mid level money at this point in his career.  Wafer is a shooting gaurd not a point.   
    Posted by Bigbird1111[/QUOTE]

Nate will not be a unrestricted free-agent after this season, he's under contract until 2012.

No team will give Davis 10m per year.

If you check my post again I had Wafer as Ray's backup.

Until the Celtics release or waive a player there is no way the Celtics can sign Sheed. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Give it up, BiasLewis. There's only one person here who wants Big Baby traded and that's you!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The SG and the SF are interchangeable, Daniels can backup Pierce and Allen. In Daniels' absence last night it was Wafer who played backup SF and Nate was playing SG when Rondo was in there with them. The point is if the Celtics traded Big Baby Harangody will be the only backup PF left. So, once again, Big Baby is not going to be traded any time soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

BBD is 25 and Nate is 26, Wallace and Prince are well into their thirties, you need a balance of veterans and youth on championship teams. I would love Prince and Wallace but you can't have everybody.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBaby11. Show BigBaby11's posts

Why would you want to trade "The Great Big Baby"? Yell

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Another crazy trade talk. Why would you fix something that is not broken.

The last time I checked, Boston have the best record in the East.

Even with a depleted team, they still have the best record.

We need "health" not "trade."

Time Will Only Tell

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyshaun Prince and Ben Wallace to Boston? :   Daniels should back up Allen.  Davis and Nate are unrestricted after this season.  Baby is going to want at least 10 million a year  n Nate will want a raise.  Oneil will most likely retire with bone on bone in his knee. Sheed will be back after Feb 24 to spell KG.  Prince could be had for mid level money at this point in his career.  Wafer is a shooting gaurd not a point.   
    Posted by Bigbird1111[/QUOTE]

If all your point are true than this is the team you want?

C - Perk 20 min, Shaq 16m, Big Ben 8m and KG 4m
    PF - KG 28 min, Sheed 16m, Prince 4m
    SF - Pierce 28 min, Prince 20m
    SG - Ray 32m, Pierce 8m, Nate 8m
    PG - Rondo 40m, DWest 8m

The team has 4 mins of KG-Prince-Paul-Ray and DWest (or Rondo if he gets his FT% to 70) on the court at the same time?

I think Baby is too valuable... he is playing great and his chemistry w/ the 5 starters from '08 is very good. If he really wants 10 million we could likely work a sign and trade as few teams will be under the cap and feel like giving him that $

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Celts can trade:

Wafer
    JON
    Nate

to Detroit for:

Prince
    Ben Wallace

Detroit saves 3 million this year but has to pay out an extra 8 million next year. Prob a little less as they can makde some $ off them as expiring contracts.

I'd say Avery and/or our '12 1st rd pick would be needed to close this deal and convince Detroit to take on like 4 million.

Then you can still add Sheed and just use him more against Gasol, Bosh and Howard while using Baby against Odom, LeBron (charges), Boozer and Bass.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If you trust 'Quis as a defensive SF (I really don't) and just want to vastly improve the Nate role... short off-guard who can fill it up in BUNCHES... while DWest plays PG and guards SG's... then you could look at Ben Gordon.

JON and Nate + the '12 pick for him seems fair when he is pouting and basically asking to leave and it saves Detroit 15 million.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Don't for a minute think Gordon is a malcontent. He's got some Dennis Johnson pre-Boston in him is all. He is a very quiet unassuming guy who will mope a bit but it is b/c he loves to win, has a killer instinct, etc. Like DJ was a killer on Seattle title team Gordon was at UConn and in that epic '09 7 gamer.

I'm sure he would jump at the chance to get an expanded version of Nate's role, get two shots at a title off the bench and then start and play big mins next to Rondo in a contract year when he'll only be 29.

Maybe Phoenix will send us Grant Hill for 'Quis and a 2nd rd pick. Repay the favor when we sent them Waltah for the 7 seconds or less teams playoff puch in '05. Hill would upgrade Sf Defense and passing from a pretty good defender/passer already.

It is like we get two guys who play JUST LIKE Nate and Daniels... can fir in seamlessly, but are both upgrades

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

if anyone you get Ben Gordon. trade JON(altho noone wants him), nate, wafer and a pick. thats probly still not enough to get him. 

I like the team as is anyways, we dont need anyone else.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I have a good idea: let's get some more old dudes on the team! We don't need youth. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Both Wallace and Prince are injury prone and past their playing primes. Why would the Celts want to give up Glen Davis for them?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

If anyone is coming to Boston from Detroit its going to be Rip Hamilton.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]Both Wallace and Prince are injury prone and past their playing primes. Why would the Celts want to give up Glen Davis for them?
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

We have one whole game with the 08 starting five so far as well as a loaded back-up crew. Why would they screw it up.. It months to develop the chemistry of the defense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Baby stays, baby stays, baby stays!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Even I say no to that deal and I don't turn down many.

I don't see Prince or Wallace improving us that much.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Guys ...take two aspirin and go lay down.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

This trade should be avoided at all costs.

Sections
Shortcuts