Ugly Loss: Too many Jumpshots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Ugly Loss: Too many Jumpshots

In Response to Re: Ugly Loss: Too many Jumpshots:
    Also, you don't have to necessarily "devise a strategy" to be aggressive and go to the rim.  We continued to shoot jumper after jumper after jumper with no success.  Initially that's on the players lack of execution as well as the shots just not falling.  However, after a couple of timeouts, it becomes coaching when they stick to a failed game plan of shooting jump shots that aren't falling.
    Posted by Petey62

Zactly.  couldn't have said it better.  beyond a certain point, if nothing does change, especially over that VAST period of time we were throwing the game by being a 100% predictable (inaccurate) jump shot festival, then who to blame?

the tiller man is the coach, he puts the ship on a different direction when it's going off course.  if he turns the tiller and the ship still doesn't move, then big trouble......

and he's right, there were no substitutions for those who weren't doing the common sense "get aggressive, do some slashing to the hoop, draw some fouls" approach when your game goes stale on missed jumpers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

HERE'S ANOTHER REAL CONCERN...WE MAY WIN BUT I FEEL WE NEEDED TO DO IT IN 5 AND NOT MORE THAN 6 !!!  IF IT TAKES 7, GONNA BE REAL TOUGH TO COMPETE WITH ENERGIZED LEBRON & WADE !!! THE REASON: TIME FOR SOME WOUNDS TO HEAL & OLD LEGS TO GET REINVIGORATED !!!
    Posted by mandobello

ATL should have been in 5.  few saw the importance of it on this board.  when you have injuries every single day of rest counts on your side.  as it was, we had NO REST coming in to play against philly. 

as in pierce had NO REST before being harrassed to the high heavens by iguodala

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Ugly Loss: Too many Jumpshots : Wake up GOPers ... I got on you over your hidden agenda (BBD) of focussing our losses on the play of Bass. Bass is a backup playing in a starters role. I like him for what he is and he's been much better for this team in that role than BBD ever was. That said, you could be right about having KG play PF against Philly since we have noone else but Bass at that position now. Hollins & Steamer s/b able to slow down Hawes and if Doc won't bring in Williams, there's no other option other than JJJ.
    Posted by Mployee8

comrade, you are up and down like a hore's drawers on bass.  you love what he's done for the C's yet you want shawne williams or a rookie splinter triple J to take over minutes from him?

maybe you're running a temperature or having a bad week or something.  or maybe this is just par for the course with you- bold statements in one sentence followed by complete reversals in the next.

and once again, you are the only person talking about davis.  i commented on your hypocrisy of climbing up one side of me and down the other on another thread and calling me a "davis lover" when i said NOTHING about davis when I posted about what my eyes see and what the stats tell me that bass is failing.   and then YOU come over to this thread and go 25 miles beyond anything I ever said and demand that ROOKIES and guys who haven't played 100 minutes all year for us should suddenly replace bass?  ay carrumba, intellectual vertigo!!

but hell, keep talking about davis.  i am not.  your hyper defensiveness of bass can't even last through one sentence before you turn on him yourself. 

Sections
Shortcuts