Ugly Win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Ugly Win

Still, a win is a win.

And JO "officially" tipped that ball in to give the Celtics a 97-95 lead.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Ugly Win

In Response to Re: Ugly Win:
    Ugly is right. But it is a win and that is all that counts. Well, not really. If they keep letting Pierce handle the ball in the 4th, the outcomes will not be wins I don't think. The C's really need Shaq. Never thought I would say those words. And Doc has to manage minutes tighter this year. Good ugly win.
    Posted by antiqueman1

If Rondo dribbled that ball the Bucks would have fouled him immediately. I don't think Pierce would be handling that ball too much if Rondo is a great FT shooter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Ugly Win : The Bucks would not be fouling with 8-9 minutes to go I dont think in the 4th. Pierce does not need to become the guard. Keep the ball in Rondo's hands. He is the play maker, not Pierce.
    Posted by antiqueman1

You have got to be kidding.  I am sure Rondo would have hit 11 for 11 free throws as well as 6-6 in the closing seconds.  Yea your right keep it in Rondo's hands and lets watch him shot free throws.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The Celtics depth is hurting the team without Shaq and Delonte. I believe Delonte will be a big part of this team once he returns. Thank goodness it won't be long now. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Ugly win, but entertaining game.  Hard fought, the Bucks played the C's tough.  It was nice to see them turn it on when it mattered.  I think the C's are making an effort to protect their home court this year because KG, PP, Ray and Rondo are playing a lot of minutes.  After all, winning a few more games could've meant they hosted a finals, which may have made a difference. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Ugly Win:
    Still, a win is a win. And JO "officially" tipped that ball in to give the Celtics a 97-95 lead.
    Posted by P34

Sometimes its a good thing to be the weakest link on the floor. Defenders ignore your presense and after the athletes exhaust themselves for rebounds and kareem off each other, the ball just may bounce your way that you can tip it in from 1'. 

Lets think about this. In just that split second, JO scored 40% of his points in the game. His other 3 points were spread out more proportionately during the  other 25 minutes he spent on the court.  

I think hes officially starting to come around

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm glad we won that game. Milw is tough. However I'm tired of PP getting the ball to end games. LEAVE the ball in Rondo's hands and let him continue to make decisions. Don't play the entire game let Rondo rack up assists and then take the ball and give it to PP. We've seen that movie way to many times...turnover, forced shot and an occasionally GW. A few years ago Rondo couldn't handle it but I think it's clearly his team now.

BBD is BALLIN!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I'm glad we won that game. Milw is tough. However I'm tired of PP getting the ball to end games. LEAVE the ball in Rondo's hands and let him continue to make decisions. Don't play the entire game let Rondo rack up assists and then take the ball and give it to PP. We've seen that movie way to many times...turnover, forced shot and an occasionally GW. A few years ago Rondo couldn't handle it but I think it's clearly his team now. BBD is BALLIN!!
    Posted by BiasLewis

Big Baby is doing his best to get a big multi year extension. I hope Danny gets it done before the end of the season because B.B will be a big factor in the summers free agent market, that's if there's not a lock out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Ugly Win :    Big Baby is doing his best to get a big multi year extension. I hope Danny gets it done before the end of the season because B.B will be a big factor in the summers free agent market, that's if there's not a lock out.
    Posted by mem17

I think a team like the Suns would offer Glen Davis a lot of money. Like what Paul Millsap is getting. 

It's either Perk or Baby, I don't think the Cs can keep both.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Seeing Pierce handle the ball towards the end of the game reminds me of the "Iso Joe" offense of the Hawks last season, it didn't work out quite well.

Like another poster said, put the ball in Rondo's hands and let HIM run the offense. The Hawks are playing better this season since they ditched the one on one plays and are now moving the ball from side to side.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Seeing Pierce handle the ball towards the end of the game reminds me of the "Iso Joe" offense of the Hawks last season, it didn't work out quite well. Like another poster said, put the ball in Rondo's hands and let HIM run the offense. The Hawks are playing better this season since they ditched the one on one plays and are now moving the ball from side to side.
    Posted by Waynestarr

Game 3 of the 2010 playoffs, Boston@Miami, and that buzzer beater by Baron Davis against the Celtics in LA last January. Against Miami Pierce had the ball until the end of the game. In that LA game Rondo was the one with the ball towards the end of the game.

Think about it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4677788/happy-feet

Guess Rondo was hurting down the stretch.

Sections
Shortcuts