ULTIMATELY LJ>MJ, SPOELSTRA=PHIL JACKSON, WADE<PIPPEN +BILL RUSSELL=JOHN OATES!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: LEBRON'S SKILLS +UPSIDE ARE SUPERIOR TO JORDAN'S!

In Response to Re: LEBRON'S SKILLS +UPSIDE ARE SUPERIOR TO JORDAN'S!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: LEBRON'S SKILLS +UPSIDE ARE SUPERIOR TO JORDAN'S! : If you`d ever actually SEEN Bill Russell play your opinion might mean something.Since celebrity-worship is paramount these days, I`m not surprised to see attention -seekers like you jump on  the Lebron bandwagon.Sis Russell?We need a perspective? The perspective of the non-witness is, by definition, limited.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

The poor kid has made a buffoon of himself this entire thread.

Russell a better version of Perk? LOL This kid is a total idiot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsulats. Show jsulats's posts

[QUOTE]Lebron is the better athlete when it comes to running and jumping, but there is no way Lebron is better than Michael Jordan when it comes to playing basketball.  Commie, you're better off fighting the communists than talking basketball.
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Re: LEBRON'S SKILLS ARE SUPERIOR TO JORDAN'S, HE WILL ULTIMATELY BE GREATER! WADE/BOSH =PIPPEN!

Lebron is next even the best player of his era yet alone of all time; kobe is better than lebron, and jordan is better than kobe

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LEBRON'S SKILLS +UPSIDE ARE SUPERIOR TO JORDAN'S! : If you`d ever actually SEEN Bill Russell play your opinion might mean something.Since celebrity-worship is paramount these days, I`m not surprised to see attention -seekers like you jump on  the Lebron bandwagon.Sis Russell?We need a perspective? The perspective of the non-witness is, by definition, limited.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]yes, i actually saw russell play. i am age 41 and love to study history and old films. i have seen every one of ali's matches (ones with film) per example. i have seen a lot of russell's games in its entirety as well. i did not mean to insult the icon by calling him "sis". i mistyped "is"... no disrespect or insult intended to the great one. russell is a worthy legend and a real man. but again, i like perspective and i love to compare the past from the contexts of the present. there is a reason that despite 11 rings most people incl the bob ryans who were right their in the front row as russ did his thing never call him the best guy ever. he is the best celtic ever however. does any one say that mj had to win 11 rings to be mentioned in the same breath as russ? bottom line at the time he played and retired, russ was the best ever. in time he has steadily been knocked off that perch. talking strictly basketball, i will increasingly find it tough to keep russ in the top 5 even amongst just pure centers. lets see, for now: jabbar, hakeem, shaq, russ +wilt. in a few years, mr. howard will command inclusion. in my lifetime, there will be another center coming to push the issue. 

look, no fault of russ. but in his day field goal percentages were atrocious. lots of opps for rebounds. also at almost 7 feet tall, there was not much height competition esp for tall guys with the athleticism of russ. made it much easier to block shots and play defense as well.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LEBRON'S SKILLS +UPSIDE ARE SUPERIOR TO JORDAN'S! : The poor kid has made a buffoon of himself this entire thread. Russell a better version of Perk? LOL This kid is a total idiot.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]i can live with this. thats your opinion. you used to love my threads and always post compliments. now they are dumb and i'm a buffoon because i hurt your man-crush on jordan. i get it. truthers always initially paty the price. always best not to be the nail that stands out or just wait til everything is obvious. just as 1991 vs the lakes was mj's coming out tour to greatness, likewise this championship vs the mavs will be bron's coming out party. after these games, will be no  more doubt in miami that wade is now pippen along with bosh (at times). fyi, bron has the FOURTH highest scoring average in playoff history at 28.73 right behind jerry west, iverson and MJ!

it will be bron's team going forward without dispute amd mr. wade will have to like it. i'm just calling the revolution before and as it happens. don't worry, as it gets obvious by game 3, everyone will be on my bandwagon. like buying stocks, best to get there before the bandwagon comes, and sell as they max out! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: LEBRON'S SKILLS ARE SUPERIOR TO JORDAN'S, HE WILL ULTIMATELY BE GREATER!

In Response to Re: LEBRON'S SKILLS ARE SUPERIOR TO JORDAN'S, HE WILL ULTIMATELY BE GREATER!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: LEBRON'S SKILLS ARE SUPERIOR TO JORDAN'S, HE WILL ULTIMATELY BE GREATER! : If I had any lingering doubt about you being a fool, the above lines just removed it. Are you really comparing Pippen (a forward) to Wade ( a guard) and how Pippen would shut him down defensively ??? LMAO Also, Wade + Bosh = Pippen?  LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, I used to read some of your posts in the past... some were interesting but I know realize those were the exceptions. Maybe you just copied them from an article somewhere. Now that the truth is revealed, I see no point to do more than skim a sampling of your posts going forward. Everyone has an opinion and I usually respect that but yours is either offered up as beyond stupid ot your just baiting everyone to get a response (typical troll).. However, there is a thirs possibility which holds some merit. Thats the one where you constantly post on the forum for one reason....and thats for attention. Maybe thats why you start so many game threads and get upset if someone else puts it up before you. Maybe thats why you post so often on your own threads cause you feel the need to keep yours revlevent.... its an ego/attention thing I believe. Anyway, have a good time entertaining yourself.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]nice cheapshots. really displays your immaturity and insecurities. i come here for dialogue and interaction about the celtics. i live in MD, not exactly the hotbed of boston lovers or sports fans. i didnt come on here prior to this year so spare me your soft kool-aid. i respond to you and engage you for you have strong convictions and opinions and sometimes even throw actual logic rather than 4yo hurtful and spiteful language. the same with the others. when i was going off on perk, i wasnt a buffoon then right? oh, i must have read that from espn too right? 

lets see, let me read espn magazine for my opinion on rondo. how about shaq? i was WRONG on the guy after he got hurt the last time. despite the overwhelming majority of popular and not so popular view, i held strong to my convictions to the very end. i have had full faith in doc and ainge from day one of their tenure with us (thick and thin). oh lets see what karlost and others have written on that over the years and last season. 

like with everything else, hang out long enough, we may agree again. maturity and perspective comes when you dont jump over the bridge or throw out the baby with the bathwater like a little byitch  everytime there are differences of opinion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Re: LEBRON'S SKILLS ARE SUPERIOR TO JORDAN'S, HE WILL ULTIMATELY BE GREATER! WADE/BOSH =PIPPEN!

Russell quit playing around the timeCC was born, but she`s watched some old black and white footage which makes her an expert .Field goal percentages were lower because fast break basketball was the name of the game.More shots were taken earlier in the clock.Anybody who thinks center play is better today than in the Russ-Wilt era  should have their picture posted next to the word ignorant in the dictionary.The purpose of competing in sports is to win.Russell won 11 times ,Jordan 6. That`s not the end of the argument,but it shouldn`t be ignored.Lebron hasn`t won anything yet and he fell apart at crucial moments in past seasons He`s in the same category as Dirk, an excellent player who hasn`t made his bones.Jordan  never dribbled in place until the clock wound down and threw up a prayer with games on the line as Lebron has done frequently.If you want to give Lebron style points like the russian figure-skating judge,fine, but some of us think that the best thing a great player can do is carry his team across the finish line.Your" sis Russell" remark lost you any credibility you might have had,bicycleist. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsulats. Show jsulats's posts

As a life long Celtic fan, the greatest individual player of all time was Wilt.  Please read below, Jordan or Lebron don't come close. , and yes, I saw Wilt play.

In that year the center set several all-time records which have never been threatened since. In the 1961–62 NBA season he averaged 50.4 points and grabbed 25.7 rebounds per game.[40] And perhaps most astounding on March 2, 1962, in Hershey, Pennsylvania, Wilt scored 100 points, shooting 36 of 63 from the field, and making 28 out of 32 free throws against the New York Knicks. Chamberlain's 4,029 regular-season points made him the first and only player to break the 4,000-point barrier.[2] To place this in perspective the only player other than Chamberlain to break the 3,000-point barrier is Michael Jordan, who scored 3,041 points in the 1986–87 NBA season. Chamberlain once again broke the 2,000 rebound barrier by grabbing 2,052 rebounds. Additionally, he was on the hardwood for an average of 48.5 minutes, playing 3,882 of his team's 3,890 minutes.[40] Because Chamberlain played in overtime games, he averaged more minutes per game than the 48 minutes in regulation; in fact, Chamberlain would have hit the 3,890 minute mark if he had not been ejected in one game after picking up his second technical foul with 8 minutes left to play

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

Wow...this has to be the dumbest post I have ever seen.  LeBron lost all creditibility about becoming the best ever when he sigend with Miami.  He couldn't win in Cleveland so he had to high tail it out of there and sign with 2 All Stars to get it done.  Jordan, Bird and Magic would have never done that.  Also, calling Jordan, Pippen and Horace Grant a big 3 is comical.  I like your examples saying LeBron is a better rebounder, passer, shot blocker and all that other nonsense.  Guess what, Bill Russell was a better rebounder and shot blocker than Jordan too.  And that doesn't mean s h ! t.  The true mark of greatness is making everyone else around you better which Jordan, Bird and Magic did.  LeBron couldn't do that in Cleveland because he is a cry baby complainer who quits when the tough gets going.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: LEBRON'S SKILLS ARE SUPERIOR TO JORDAN'S, HE WILL ULTIMATELY BE GREATER! WADE/BOSH =PIPPEN!:
    [QUOTE]Wow...this has to be the dumbest post I have ever seen.  LeBron lost all creditibility about becoming the best ever when he sigend with Miami.  He couldn't win in Cleveland so he had to high tail it out of there and sign with 2 All Stars to get it done.  Jordan, Bird and Magic would have never done that.  Also, calling Jordan, Pippen and Horace Grant a big 3 is comical.  I like your examples saying LeBron is a better rebounder, passer, shot blocker and all that other nonsense.  Guess what, Bill Russell was a better rebounder and shot blocker than Jordan too.  And that doesn't mean s h ! t.  The true mark of greatness is making everyone else around you better which Jordan, Bird and Magic did.  LeBron couldn't do that in Cleveland because he is a cry baby complainer who quits when the tough gets going.   
    Posted by rampageimt23[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Some people just fall all over themselves when one of their idols (Pippen) says something ... he thinks cause Pippen was a good player, he must know everything there is to know.  LOL

Ill tell ya something else, watching replays of games years ago  is a far cry from watching them live.... when you already know who the winner was and when you dont feel the pressure of the game and cant really appreciate the pressure the players are under...  its night & day and put way out of perspective.

You cant know watching Russ go against Thurmond what the circumstances are  when your watching a replay 30 years later..

Hes just another blinded kid acrowning Lebron again, like so many have foolishly in the past... He wants to be the one to say I TOLD YOU SO... if one day his prognostication comes true. Its so comical watching him hang on and grasp for straws... Way over his head but too stubborn & full of himself to ever admit he really doesnt understand what hes saying

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Contrarian, im with you most of the time my friend, but not here.  Your post was far to long for me to read lol.  Lebron CAN never and WILL never be even close to a Michael Jordan.  My first and only point...

Michael Jordan won 6 Rings... with Pippin and Rodman.  Lebron has won ZERO.  He can win this year.. wont matter.  He has Dwayne wade and Chris Bosh.  Are you going to look me in the monitor and tell me Scottie Pippin anywhere close to the player Dwayne wade is?  If you can.. your insane!  Dwayne wade can be a cornerstone and carry a team to the playoffs single handedly.  he is a playoff MVP!  Scottie pippin was great because he was in Jordans shadow.  He could not carry a team by himself and neither could Rodman.  However Bosh was a 30 PPG player before he went to Miami if Im not mistaken. 

Lebron should have stayed in Cleveland if he wanted an MJ comparison.  Win 2-3 in cleveland and we would have an arguement.  Win 6 in Miami and you just worked the system.   Lebron cant close out games and he isnt mentally a stone cold assasin like MJ.  He gives up on plays.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: LEBRON'S SKILLS ARE SUPERIOR TO JORDAN'S, HE WILL ULTIMATELY BE GREATER! WADE/BOSH =PIPPEN!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: LEBRON'S SKILLS ARE SUPERIOR TO JORDAN'S, HE WILL ULTIMATELY BE GREATER! WADE/BOSH =PIPPEN! : Agreed.  Some people just fall all over themselves when one of their idols (Pippen) says something ... he thinks cause Pippen was a good player, he must know everything there is to know.  LOL Ill tell ya something else, watching replays of games years ago  is a far cry from watching them live.... when you already know who the winner was and when you dont feel the pressure of the game and cant really appreciate the pressure the players are under...  its night & day and put way out of perspective. You cant know watching Russ go against Thurmond what the circumstances are  when your watching a replay 30 years later.. Hes just another blinded kid acrowning Lebron again, like so many have foolishly in the past... He wants to be the one to say I TOLD YOU SO... if one day his prognostication comes true. Its so comical watching him hang on and grasp for straws... Way over his head but too stubborn & full of himself to ever admit he really doesnt understand what hes saying
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]i've just about had it with some of you lamebrains. you cant read, complain about things i'm clearly not sayin and despite 30 clarifications you're still too dumb to not stop running into the wall of idiocy! first of, i was never a big pippen fan. I'm more of an MJ guy. my best all-time player was LARRY BIRD and yeah i am a brotha as well. paul pierce as all of you who actually READ my words on this board is by far and away my fave player today not LEBRON. 

unlike a lot of you i am able to take my head out of my homer sand castles and stop sipping the standard issued kool-aid and think objectively. i've NEVER really been a bron fan. however, right now, i give the man his props based on what i have seen, not read or heard from others. i find most experts dead wrong and full of hype and agendas. just as i have done on issues where i am clearly in the wrong, if it is proven that bron is still not up to the task or worthy of the pedestal i am reserving for him i will admit that. would any of you do the same if he is named finals mvp and he sweeps or dominates the mvvies? we'll see! you just keeep stewing like a bunch of little children. 

of course bron isnt there yet, who said he was presently better overall than mj? i'm a pierce guy but lots of guys who have had far superior talent and skills have never amounted to a hill of beans. a giant will. killer instinct , dedication and leadership are things that count even more and cant be easily  quantified. pp has those in spades if not in actual freakish athleticism. as to the moron saying russell "could rebound and block shots better than mj" so lets crown him greater as well... all i can is you need help in reading and interpretation. 

if russell at 6'11 also played the point and covered oscar robunson and guys like jerry west and so forth, you may have a point. russ was a center pure and simple. you still dont get this? bron and mike would have been going one on one, mano a mano had they played in the same era esp in the fourth quarter as he did in SHUTTING down mr. rose (6% on fgs when bron was in his zip code). would a scenario exist where russ is one on one on iso plays with mj or a bron or vice versa? give me a break. 

finally in the dumbest retort i have ever heard, you karlost come back to the fact that since i actually did not see russ play i have no idea of what i am talking about. oh really? so y judge babe ruth, george washington or jesus? y should those born in the 90s ever have an opinion on jordan? y should those born 10 years from now ever have an opinion on bron? see how dumb and moronic you sound now? heck y limit it to just tv watching. you must actually be at the games. only those reporters who actually have acccess to the locker room can comment. r u kidding me with this nonsense? we must make the best of what we have and use our power of deduction. i have seen enoughof russ to know that had he enough been surrounded by an all-star hall of fame team that he would not have been as great. thats what i meant by my healthy perk comparison. 

when you have 4 all-stars and great depth off the bench, a russ is luxury. he survived the injury bug, was black at the right time and able to stay around for a while so he's the greatest ever? give me a break. russ was and is the JOHN OATES of the nba. oates is the most renowned and highest paid backup singer in the history of music. bill russell is the most most glorified player of role player/backup-worthy skills in the history of sports and the nba. again, back to the perk thing. nothing wrong with that, i still hold him in respect and esteem but lets get a grip and some perspective!

i am a huge hall and oates fan as i am with bill russell. like oates, russ was the ultimate team player, perhaps the greatest team player in history. oates wrote a lot of hits, participated as a songwriter and producer, colaborated with other artists, played like 50 instruments and still has one of the most soulful voices i have ever heard. but come on, daryl hall is the actual jordan of the group. without oates however there is no team holding together and hall aint shining as he did. no oates, no big glory for hall! no biggest selling duo in music history moniker or long lasting legacy. like russ, every major young guy today pays homage to hall and oates in terms of samples, guest appearances, tributes and shout-outs. russ always had more mainstream critic appeal but i see him in the same vain. the ultimate glue guy! tons of love.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Re: LJ WILL END UP GREATER THAN MJ, WADE/BOSH =PIPPEN +BILL RUSSELL=JOHN OATES!

It cracks me up you still keep babbling about Lebron's defense. He will never even be a good as good of a defender as Pippen was.Deng covers mulitple positions old man Kidd does too and was guarding Durant at times along with PG and SG. Deng is a better defensive player than Lebron. Lebron covers rose for less than 10 minutes in a series and your all on his nuts. He was guarding Deng 90% of the minutes and he got his season averages and outplayed him game one. How can that be if he locks down everyone? Your an attention whoore who makes up stupid posts in the Celtics Patriots and Redsox forums just to get responses. You even had to use ESPN to come up with this awesome thread. Almost as bad as RicoCeltic pretending he's a Celtics fan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Wow...this has to be the dumbest post I have ever seen.  LeBron lost all creditibility about becoming the best ever when he sigend with Miami.  He couldn't win in Cleveland so he had to high tail it out of there and sign with 2 All Stars to get it done.  Jordan, Bird and Magic would have never done that.  Also, calling Jordan, Pippen and Horace Grant a big 3 is comical.  I like your examples saying LeBron is a better rebounder, passer, shot blocker and all that other nonsense.  Guess what, Bill Russell was a better rebounder and shot blocker than Jordan too.  And that doesn't mean s h ! t.  The true mark of greatness is making everyone else around you better which Jordan, Bird and Magic did.  LeBron couldn't do that in Cleveland because he is a cry baby complainer who quits when the tough gets going.   
    Posted by rampageimt23[/QUOTE]this is just NUTS! lebron stayed loyal to cleveland for SEVEN years with minimal help. again again again again, can someone just name ONE potential hall of famer who the cave drafted or recruited to play with lebron or was an in-his-prime certified hall of famer (to get you clowns off the shaq thing)? you can only make tomato cans so good and no further. bird, jordan and others never made hall of famers out of scrubs. bird pretty much inherited mchale and chief. later got an in his prime DJ. then got one great year out of bill walton. ainge and maxwell are not hall players but certainly could have been in different circumstances. both are at the next level below hall of famer whatever that is. thats y their numbers hang and will hang at the rafters in boston. anyone telling me that anyone of those guys actually needed larry bird walking in the room to be good, hall-worthy players? 

give me a break. mchale could have been greater and the man without having larry around playing the alpha dog role. chief likewise would be even more highly regarded without both mchale and bird taking up all the spotlight. pippen on his own led the jordanless bulls all the way to the eastern conference finals and was one bad call away from getting them to the finals. clearly had the bulls brought him some help the bulls could have easily won a ring with pippen as the alpha dog! 

look at magic, when he walked in the door, he had an in-his-prime and far superior player in jabbar in his lockerroom. he came in as the compliment not the alpha dog. they got him a james worthy. i saw him play every game in college living in NC. worthy would have been worthy of the hall of fame without magic johnson. 

with this as the backdrop, you think if jordan, magic or bird  were stuck with ham and eggers for their first 7 years, they would have just put up with it had they the chance to leave in free agency. bron NEVER demanded a trade nyou morons. he sat there and took it like a man. once he was FREE, he exercised his freedom. how is that wrong? is that not the american way you commies?  thats y i'm a contrarian, i enjoy calling out the tyrannical stylings of the MAJORITY! those guys may not have gine on espn to announce it but the bottom line would have been the same. they just were pampered to the point they were lucky enough not to have to consider leaving... period! had bron been given any of those supporting players to work with, he would still be in cleveland. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LEBRON'S SKILLS ARE SUPERIOR TO JORDAN'S, HE WILL ULTIMATELY BE GREATER! WADE/BOSH =PIPPEN! : this is just NUTS! lebron stayed loyal to cleveland for SEVEN years with minimal help. again again again again, can someone just name ONE potential hall of famer who the cave drafted or recruited to play with lebron or in his prime certified hall of famer (to get you clowns off the shaq thing)? you can only make tomato cans so good and no further. bird, jordan and others never made hall of famers out of scrubs. bird pretty much inherited mchale and chief. later got an in his prime DJ. then got one great year out of bill walton. ainge and maxwell are not hall players but certainly could have been in different circumstances. both are at the next level below hall of famer whatever that is. thats y their numbers hang and will hang at the rafters in boston. anyone telling me that anyone of those guys actually needed larry bird walking in the room to be good, hall-worthy players?  give me a break. mchale could have been greater and the man without having larry around playing the alpha dog role. chief likewise would be even more highly regarded without both mchale and bird taking up all the spotlight. pippen on his own led the jordanless bulls all the way to the eastern conference finals and was one bad cll away from getting them to the finals. clearly had the bulls brought him some help the bulls could have easily won a ring with pippen as the alpha dog!  look at magic, when he walked in the door, he had an in-his-prime and far superior player in jabbar in his lockerroom. he came in as the compliment not the alpha dog. they got him a james worthy. i saw him play every game in college living in NC. worthy would have been worthy of the hall of fame without magic johnson.  with this as the backdrop, you think if jordan, magic or bird  were stuck with ham and eggers for their first 7 years, they would have just put up with it had they the chance to leave in free agency. bron NEVER demanded a trade nyou morons. he sat there and took it like a man. once he was FREE, he exercised his freedom. how is that wrong? is that not the american way you commies?  thats y i'm a contrarian, i enjoy calling out the tyrannical stylings of the MAJORITY! those guys may not have gine on espn to announce it but the bottom line would have been the same. they just were pampered to the point they were lucky enough not to have to consider leaving... period! had bron been given any of those supporting players to work with, he would still be in cleveland. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

What a complete idiot you are.

"chief likewise would be even more highly regarded without both mchale and bird taking up all the spotlight"

The Chief spent his first 4 years with GS without Bird & McHale and played well but never would have made HOF without those 2.  Parrish is highly regarded because of Bird& McHale etc. 

In general, Id like to say you are one D F

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LEBRON'S SKILLS ARE SUPERIOR TO JORDAN'S, HE WILL ULTIMATELY BE GREATER! WADE/BOSH =PIPPEN! : i've just about had it with some of you lamebrains. you cant read, complain about things i'm clearly not sayin and despite 30 clarifications you're still too dumb to not stop running into the wall of idiocy! first of, i was never a big pippen fan. I'm more of an MJ guy. my best all-time player was LARRY BIRD and yeah i am a brotha as well. paul pierce as all of you who actually READ my words on this board is by far and away my fave player today not LEBRON.  unlike a lot of you i am able to take my head out of my homer sand castles and stop sipping the standard issued kool-aid and think objectively. i've NEVER really been a bron fan. however, right now, i give the man his props based on what i have seen, not read or heard from others. i find most experts dead wrong and full of hype and agendas. just as i have done on issues where i am clearly in the wrong, if it is proven that bron is still not up to the task or worthy of the pedestal i am reserving for him i will admit that. would any of you do the same if he is named finals mvp and he sweeps or dominates the mvvies? we'll see! you just keeep stewing like a bunch of little children.  of course bron isnt there yet, who said he was presently better overall than mj? i'm a pierce guy but lots of guys who have had far superior talent and skills have never amounted to a hill of beans. a giant will. killer instinct , dedication and leadership are things that count even more and cant be easily  quantified. pp has those in spades if not in actual freakish athleticism. as to the moron saying russell "could rebound and block shots better than mj" so lets crown him greater as well... all i can is you need help in reading and interpretation.  if russell at 6'11 also played the point and covered oscar robunson and guys like jerry west and so forth, you may have a point. russ was a center pure and simple. you still dont get this? bron and mike would have been going one on one, mano a mano had they played in the same era esp in the fourth quarter as he did in SHUTTING down mr. rose (6% on fgs when bron was in his zip code). would a scenario exist where russ is one on one on iso plays with mj or a bron or vice versa? give me a break.  finally in the dumbest retort i have ever heard, you karlost come back to the fact that since i actually did not see russ play i have no idea of what i am talking about. oh really? so y judge babe ruth? y should those born in the 90s ever have an opinion on jordan? y should those born 10 years from now ever have an opinion on bron? see how dumb and moronic you sound now? heck y limit it to just tv watching. you must actually be at the games. only those reporters who actually have acccess to the locker room can comment. r u kidding me with this nonsense? we must make the best of what we have and use our power of deduction. i have seen enoughof russ to know that had he enough been surrounded by an all-star hall of fame team that he would not have been as great. thats what i meant by my healthy perk comparison.  when you have 4 all-stars and great depth off the bench, a russ is luxury. he survived the injury bug, was black at the right time and able to stay around for a while so he's the greatest ever? give me a break. russ was and is the JOHN OATES of the nba. oates is the most renowned and highest paid backup singer in the history of music. bill russell is the most most glorified player of role player/backup-worthy skills in the history of sports and the nba. again, back to the perk thing. nothing wrong with that, i still hold him in respect and esteem but lets get a grip and some perspective! i am a huge hall and oates fan as i am with bill russell. like oates, russ was the ultimate team player, perhaps the greatest team player in history. oates wrote a lot of hits, participated as a songwriter and producer, colaborated with other artists, played like 50 instruments and still has one of the most soulful voices i have ever heard. but come on, daryl hall is the actual jordan of the group. without oates however there is no team holding together and hall aint shining as he did. no oates, no big glory for hall! no biggest selling duo in music history moniker or long lasting legacy. like russ, every major young guy today pays homage to hall and oates in terms of samples, guest appearances, tributes and shout-outs. russ always had more mainstream critic appeal but i see him in the same vain. the ultimate glue guy! tons of love.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

By the way D.F., what does your being a "brotha" have to do with anything?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

No doubt a very stupid post. I wonder how good comi will think LJ is when he loses to dallas. Or for that matter gets busted with his buddy dwade for HGH abuse.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Posted by rampageimt23[/QUOTE]

Great post and I agree with you 100%.   I agree with most of the others that LeBron isn't better than Jordan.  I really dislike LeBron and will never understand why so many NBA fans think he is the greatest player ever. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

The thread starter has WAY too much free time on his hands. I recommend getting a job or going outside.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

Ok, nevermind, I just read the part where you're a "brotha". That explains it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

pippins not hall of fame without MJ

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

lebron looks better because he has a better supporting cast. yes...definitely...wade is better than pippen. wade actually has a championship to prove it. imho, contributon-wise, bosh is pippen's equivalent in miami.

lebron has not even come close to kobe yet. let's start talking about this when lebron wins 3-4 championships.

also, this is like the brady-manning debate. some will debate who is more talented. there is no debate over who has accomplished more.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Lebron James has played 25000 minutes of NBA baskeball. By that time Jordan already had 3 rings . So nope. 

You did give me a good laugh by claiming Lebrons competitiveness was even with MJ. I stopped right there. MJ plays half dead with the flu in the finals and dominates a game. Lebron claims his elbow is hurt and quits on his team in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Lay off the crack"

Tom Penny for the win! Amen. 

Look, James has a chance to rise in his stature in terms of legacy. 

James also has not hit any game winning shots this year. 

He also shies away from going to the hole for contact when the game is on the line for fear of making his free throws. NONE of the all time greats have this issue. Wade doesn't have it. At this point, Wade has the greater legacy. Lebron has gobs of talent but that's a different question. 

Maybe you should have waited until he actually gets a ring? I don't think the Mavs can beat the Heat but now I'm rooting for them more than ever. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: LJ WILL END UP GREATER THAN MJ, WADE/BOSH =PIPPEN +BILL RUSSELL=JOHN OATES!:
    [QUOTE]lebron looks better because he has a better supporting cast. yes...definitely...wade is better than pippen. wade actually has a championship to prove it. imho, contributon-wise, bosh is pippen's equivalent in miami. lebron has not even come close to kobe yet. let's start talking about this when lebron wins 3-4 championships. also, this is like the brady-manning debate. some will debate who is more talented. there is no debate over who has accomplished more.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]i think jordan had a far superior supporting cast in those 2 hall of famers near him, a proven coach in phil, a prove gm and a deep pockets owner. this is nothing like brady-manning (lol, isnt he in jail right now with the wiki-leaks thing?.. i digress). this is more like aaron rodgers-brady. got it? if i started a thread on the pats board that aaron rodgers would be greater than brady and give out similar reasons i did here. i dont believe it and i dont write for attention thus eventhough i know it will incite and get like a 300 views, i wont do it for i cant seriously defend that view. i will come back to this on wednesday after the mavs get smoked on TUESDAY! overall, you're right dude, we wont likely have a final conclusion on this til 5 or so years from now. you could end up right. i could be wrong but i dont think so. we'll see...

Sections
Shortcuts